How is your day going?

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

@Dannibell
    Sorry you’re struggling to sleep and don’t have an appetite, you maybe need to get some blood tests done just incase your irons low or something else.
    Would you try Nytol until you can speak to your gp.
    They are herbal and can buy over the counter.
    Take care I hope things improve for you.  

@Marydoll5
    Oh hope you’re not waiting much longer. 
  • Dannibell
    Dannibell Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Lou67 thank you for your suggestion’s I’ll try the Nytol hopefully that’ll help, the appetite and sleep problems are unfortunately a ongoing problem I’ve had for year’s a symptom of my mental health, though it seems a bit worse recently as before I could at least sleep with music or after pacing until I was tired I’m waiting on a appointment with my dr but until then I thought I’d see if anyone had suggestions that could at least help me with sleep, thank you again for your suggestion I’m going to try it ❤️
  • Dannibell
    Marydoll5 I’ve tried listening to music as it usually helps would meditation be similar? I’ve never tried it though heard of it but I thought it wouldn’t work for me as my mind is active to the point that it’s hard for me to calm it or clear it as I’ve heard you should for meditation? 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,416 Championing
    Evening @ada
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 569 Championing
    @Dannibell a simple meditation concentrates on breathing and relaxing muscles starting with your feet  and going up to your head and there's soothing muscles. There's loads free on apps. I put earbuds in and end up waking up way after it's over. My mind wanders too. Give it a go and see what you think 😊
  • Marydoll5
    Soothing music even 😆
  • Sandy_123
    I'm alright @ada how are you 
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,448 Championing
    I sometimes listen to an audio book @Dannibell,I didn't find the Bedtime Stories much good but a bit of Jane Austen will usually do the trick.
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,448 Championing
    Good evening @Ada.

• Lou67

@Dannibell
    I hope your not waiting much to longer to see the doctor. 
    Nytol are good to help you nod off.
    Mention the lack of sleep to your doctor and he might prescribe something short term,

@Ada
    Hi we have been asking after you a few times today, are you ok.

I think the pain and discomfort I’m getting is to be expected after surgery, with the infection thrown in it’s taken it to another level. 
    But it’ll get better as the days go by and it’ll all be worth it. 

❤️
  • Sandy_123
    Sorry someone upset you @ada but glad your ok
  • Sandy_123
    Yeah i understand that @ada unfortunately you will come across people that hurt your feelings, 
  • Lou67

@Ada
    Yes I’m sorry you got upset to but taking yourself away from it for a couple off hours is a good way to deal with it I think. 
    You know we are here for you.

❤️
  • Dannibell
    Teigr I feel pretty stupid right now I completely forgot about audio books I’ve not used one in decades, I wonder if they still do Sherlock Holmes? Thank you soo much! I’m going to check on Amazon for some hopefully I’ll get next day delivery ❤️
  • Dannibell
    Marydoll5 that sounds interesting to try and more informative than the one I heard about do you have an app you’d recommend? 
  • Lou67

Goodnight my friends ❤️
  • Marydoll5
    @Dannibell

Kristen Neff
    Jennifer Percy 
    Julian Daizan Skinne

All have good meditations
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,949 Championing
    So i'm up at silly oclock again, just couldn't settle after my nightmares, never mind, i'll take it easy today, hope everyone has a nice day x
  • Sandy_123
    Morning @ada @grinchy sorry you both had a bad night 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Good morning everyone :blush: