How is your day going?

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,069 Online Community Coordinator

Morning folks! It's just me all by myself today, so apologies if I take a while to reply to people. I hope everyone has a super fab day. ❤️

Great to hear you had a nice date @rubin16 😊

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 56,817 Championing

Afternoon @noman and @Albus_Scope

@Amberpearl hope your foot feels better soon

@Lou67 enjoy your day out

Getting my cream delivered on Monday finally

• Schildpad
    Schildpad Community member Posts: 51 Contributor
    edited August 3

Feel really awful. My anxiety and depression are at its worse.. but it doesn't help when people around you don't understand hidden disabilities.

I get hateful looks from the people . My agency the one where I rent and that is private have maintenance people around . So they see me everyday so obviously they assume I don't work. . Why are people who think this is a choice. Being sick that is. I did not chose this life. So why are they making me feel guilty and so uncomfortable. I can feel that hatred gaze. Truly feel like they are stabbing me in the heart. This is so unfair. Need to move to a non private landlord where I hope I would be more understood as In here is private and these people around it don't understand or don't bother to understand or simple don't care about sick people because in their eyes we are not sick. As if you have to look in a certain way to be accepted to in what in their eyea is a sick person. I try to avoid, ignore or do not care but it is just too hard . I am of a very good nature person and this people only make my health worse. How do you deal with haters?... In general ... Thanks.

• Albus_Scope

Glad to hear you're finally getting the cream @Sandy_123 it feels like it's taken forever!

Sorry to hear people have got you down @Schildpad as the saying goes "Don't speak until you've walked a mile in their shoes." which may actually be a bit ablest come to think of it. I think people need to learn a bit of empathy, just because you cant see the illness, it doesn't mean it isn't there.

I've grown a much thicker skin as I've gotten older, I just try to remember that they don't know my story and they're probably just getting angry at something going on in their lives and I'm just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Sandy_123

It has taken forever @Albus_Scope

Its only 20 degrees here but it's a lot nicer then 30 more manageable

• Albus_Scope

Better late than never I guess? Maybe?

It feels so humid here today, I've got my neck fan on to stop myself from becoming one with the humidity. 😆

• Sandy_123

😆 it's the night time I find it's too hot

• pburns1337
    pburns1337 Community member Posts: 19 Connected

It's weird but I really enjoy a hot cup of tea in hot weather.

• Albus_Scope

I'm the same @pburns1337 though mine's usually a hot cup of coffee.

• Sandy_123

I still have my coffee in the heat

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 552 Championing

Good afternoon Scopicles 😊

Well I had an awful evening yesterday. The weather was very changeable and humid. The air pressure dropped and ig triggered the worst migraine I've had in a long time. It was painkillers and lie in the dark time.

I was really nauseous so couldn't eat the Friday fish snd chips takeaway treat. Oh well maybe I'll have stupendous weight loss in Slimming world next week lol.

Easy day today as I was wrecked after that yesterday and I went out like a light last night.

No big plans this weekend. Just starting to get plants on the decking. I got a lavender shrub and I've had lovely bumble bees and one butterfly visit it so far.

@sandy123 I'm so eased you're getting your cream at last. Well done on a very successful date @rubin!!

Have a good evening everyone 😊

• Sandy_123

Hope your head ache has gone now @Marydoll5 bees love lavender

• Albus_Scope

Oh blimey @Marydoll5 sorry to hear about the migraine, they're the pits! Nice to hear you've got some new buzzy friends though. 😁

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,352 Championing

Evening all.

I haven't been able to get on here since just after I posted last night.

• Albus_Scope

Morning folks, I hope everyone has a lovely, relaxing Sunday planned? Anyone up to anything exciting?

Sorry to hear you couldn't get on yesterday @Teigr I thought you were awfully quiet? Was it an issue with the community itself?

• Nicebrit
    Nicebrit Community member Posts: 179 Empowering

Good morning all.

Been going out and about this week.

Has been nice to venture out into the outside world, thou has been very tiring all this galavanting around.

Took a deep breath and plummeted myself into performing yesterday with the Choir. Been there a year now, and it's great 😊 plus had henna temp tattoo too yesterday 😊

• Teigr

Morning all.

I just kept getting a blank screen @Albus_Scope.

• Teigr

How long do those henna tattoos last @Nicebrit ?

• Albus_Scope

Oh my friend used to do a lot of work with the Rock Choir as a conductor @Nicebrit a really lovely group of people. I'm glad you took the plunge. Did you enjoy it?

How very odd @Teigr if you have any more issues, could you mention it on the Welcome to our new look discussion please? It's always good to get some feedback so we can fix things.

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,869 Online Community Coordinator

Morning everyone!

I used to be in a Rock Choir many years ago @Nicebrit, there's loads of them around the country now. Hope you had fun at the performance! The henna looks fab 😊

Hope you're feeling a bit better today @Marydoll5, migraines are no fun. Especially when you're missing out on the fish and chips!