How is your day going?

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,335 Championing

Your nails look GORGEOUS @Lou67!! How long will they last? How long are you off on holiday for??

Sorry you're having no luck with jobs @Ray212 😔 What kind of work are you looking for?? It's terrible they don't even respond to say no though!!!!

Christmas stock @Sandy_123?!!?!?! That's crazy!!!! Have fun with the grandkids today!

Anyone heard from @Marydoll5 about how her son's wedding went? She's probably veryl busy celebrating and spending time with family ❤️😍

Ooooh I went on many a school trip to both museums @Adrian_Scope!! As far as museums go they're some of the best!! Are they still free?

What kind of cakes have you been busy with @Teigr?? I could never manage to bake a basic cake let alone decorate it like you do!!! It looks like a lot of work. I hope you charge a lot for them!! I've not tried making naan bread, I'd assume it's pretty tricky?

Did you get any sleep after your spider adventure @Amberpearl???

• Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 468 Empowering

Yes, most don't even bother letting you know. Just send a thanks for your application email and that's the last you here. I can't do face to face with people(the public) so looking for something office based as due to mobility issues a job where I have to stand up etc just isn't going to happen. It's all work I have done in the past. Problem is nowadays people want qualifications in the stupidiest of things just to do office work.

It's all a bit bizarre if I am honest. Years ago could walk into a job after having a chat on the phone, now its all emails and CV's

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 552 Championing

Good morning everyone!

We had the most fantastic day yesterday at my son's wedding. The weather was beautiful and everything went really well. The bride was gorgeous and my son scrubbed up well too.

With it being an Irish Carribean wedding it was great craic. The music was so good. I'm tired but very happy today.

@sandy hope you get the doctor to figure out something to clear that rash up

@lou67 have a great holiday. Love your nails 2😊

@amberpearl sorry your cat is so ill. Its been rotten lately for you

@teigr it's getting ridiculous how early Christmas produce hits the shops.

@Biblioklept your Friday/Thursday made me giggle

@Adrian_Scope that's a lovely day out. I'd like to visit the Science museum. Big bonus it's free 😊

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,592 Championing

@Biblioklept
    Good afternoon I hope your doing good today.
    Thank you I don’t get them done a lot but when I do they usually last a few weeks.
    I’m just away for a week then I’m going to my sons partners hen in September that’s in Malaga to be honest I’m not really looking forward to it, I’ve never been to a hen abroad and I don’t drink so kind off dreading it 🙄 I’m in the hairdressers just now getting my roots done.

@Marydoll5
    Awww yeahhhh 💕I’m so glad yous had the best day and the sun was shining for yous.
    I can just imagine how good the banter was 😊

@Ray212
    I hope you get some better luck on the job hunt.

❤️

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 56,791 Championing

Im having a coffee we've done both lawns just weeding to do but I need a rest.

Glad it all went great @Marydoll5

• Sandy_123

@Ray212 would working from be better

Thanks @Biblioklept

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,942 Championing

evening all, hope everyone is doing well, i'm not to bad, PTSD is calming down, finally got an appointment for counselling, this monday, so see how that goes, take care all xx

• Nicebrit
    Nicebrit Community member Posts: 179 Empowering

Good luck with your appt and hope all goes well.

• Nicebrit

I love spiders 😊

• Nicebrit

Not been on for a while, hope you're all keeping okay.

Having a bit of a flare up with everything lately, hence why not been on. Had a busy week last week and my Body hasn't caught up yet!

Got another busy week coming up, but all positive.

Can I ask, has anyone done their family tree at all? I'm looking around at the sites and most seem so expensive. Any tips/advice on which site to use? . Thank you 😊

• Sandy_123

hi @Nicebrit I have a tree on ancestry I got a good deal tho, look out for deals and search for discount codes find my past has 1921 sensus only one that does. At the moment

You can do it free at the library and there are some free sites out their too.

Good luck @Grinchy on Monday

I've don't too much in the garden

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,350 Championing

I'm glad everything went well @Marydoll5 after your dodgy start.🙂

• Nicebrit
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,582 Championing

@Sandy_123 There is no 1931 census as all records were lost in a fire and no 1941 one for obvious reasons. So it will be 2052 when the next one will be published. Hope you get all you need from the ones you are able to look at.

• Sandy_123

Hi @vikingqueen yeah I read about 1931 sensus that's a shame that is. I've accessed the 1921 census at the library.

It's all been interesting and I know Alot more things before I started it

• Sandy_123

Morning everyone safe flight @Lou67

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,592 Championing

Morning everyone I hope yous have a good day.
    Im off on holiday just waiting to take off. We’ve been delayed flight was meant to leave at 6.

@Sandy_123
    Thanks Sandy I ended up not getting much sleep I think just under an hour but I’m so tired now so hopefully get a sleep. Taking off now.
    Good luck if you go to get your spots checked today.

❤️

• Sandy_123

Hope you take off soon @Lou67 have a great holiday

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,350 Championing

Morning all.

• Amberpearl
    Amberpearl Community member Posts: 1,478 Championing

Morning all