If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autism/Depression

Options

Comments

• Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 15,206 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m good thank you @Strawberry1 But we would love to hear from you to know how you are x
  • Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jimm_Scope , I'm a bit down today . How are you ? I'm not liking myself very much .
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    I've always felt so very different to others . Being in people's company makes me feel so very uncomfortable.  I get visitors from time to time due to them being family I do let them visit but it doesn't mean I feel comfortable when they turn up . 
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    I signed up for a course for Autism which I've attended before but the last few weeks I've had other issues occurring.  I have emailed the people in charge to asked to be excused and told them the reasons why . Does this make me a terrible person for not being able to attend?
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,532 Scope online community team
    Options
    Not at all @Strawberry1. I'm sure they'll understand that you might need to take some time away from things. It doesn't make you a terrible person :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Oh @Rosie_Scope , you are an absolute diamond 💎.  I really appreciate your support ❤️.  I hope you are ok 👍.  Sending hugs. 
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Today I've had an email from Psychiatry UK to acknowledge they know I'm waiting.  A little relief at last to know they have responded too me at last .
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 16
    Options
    That's great! <3 Hope it isn't too long until you are seen! How have you been feeling about it all lately? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hi @Hannah_Scope , it is a bit stressful having to wait for an acknowledgement but I'm pleased someone has emailed me at last.  Thank you 😊. 
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    I apologise unreservedly if I've asked this question before but do a lot of autistics feel like they don't fit in ? . I am truly sorry I forget easily. 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't know if you've asked before but yep yep YEP! I definitely feel like that a lot!! Spent my whole life feeling like I didn't fit in, even when I had friends and went out and about, I always just felt like I was odd or weird or different to everyone else
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @strawberry1 They can do. Some feel that way overall and some feel that way in certain situations. And no need to apologise! We are here :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Strawberry1
    Options
    Thank you  @Hannah_Scope and @Biblioklept , that's put my mind at rest . I appreciate all your feedback. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,724 Scope online community team
    Options
    Many autistic people feel like they're square pegs in a world of round holes so to speak.
     I'd never felt like I fitted in @Strawberry1 socially and I still don't most of the time. But I've found a few like minded people and we all understand each others 'neuro-spicy' quirks, which I think makes that friendship that little bit more special. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Glad it's not just me @Albus_Scope , it's nice to know I'm in the company of people who understand.  Thank you so much. 
  • Ada
    Options
    Many autistic people feel like they're square pegs in a world of round holes so to speak.
     I'd never felt like I fitted in @Strawberry1 socially and I still don't most of the time. But I've found a few like minded people and we all understand each others 'neuro-spicy' quirks, which I think makes that friendship that little bit more special. :) 
    Awesome 👏 
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    I know that until we get our diagnosis we can't know for sure if we are Autistic or not . I have alot of Autistic traits so I asked if the medical staff could get me on a waiting list . After having a conversation with someone I'm now doubting myself. I Don't suppose it matters either way but I had such a gut feeling about it.  Only time will tell I suppose. 
  • Ada
    Options
    I was told by U. C. H. London many many years ago that I was living Asperger syndrome @Strawberry1 it didn’t make any difference to my world until I was in my thirties and started to question everything. And over thirty years later I’m still learning and trying to understand more about the way I think. 
    I find @Albus_Scope Is the one to turn to for complete understanding 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you know your own body & or mind the best, I think it's important when you feel you might have a disorder to find out more & trust your gut; don't doubt yourself. Everyone with every disorder can be affected differently, but I do think those searching for answers/pursuing a disorder are doing the right thing. In such instances a diagnosis brings validation, & can help in explaining your experiences, so go for it! Also know that unfortunately Drs can get things wrong, but keep on trusting your own instincts in order to find out more. This from a neuro-herby (a term I've just coined for us neurotypicals, as we're not neuro-spicy)  :)
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Thank you @Ada and thank you @chiarieds . I appreciate your feedback 😊 ❤️ ♥️ ☺️.  Hopefully it won't be much longer that I have to wait . If I'm stuck I message @Albus_Scope . Cheers 🤗🤗🤗🤗
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.