If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autism/Depression

Options
13»

Comments

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I know no one actually knows until they have had an assessment whether they are autistic or not but if someone in the general public said no you don't have it should I take on board what they say and believe I don't have autism or should I wait for the assessment?
  • Andi66
    Andi66 Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    Options
    Yes I have autism and depression,  plus other physical issues which don't help. And with what's going on with this proposed  pip changes makes it worse
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Can I please ask a quick question? Can a person be autistic and still worry about different things or do autistics not worry? Please could anyone help please?
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,698 Scope online community team
    Options
    Oh I'm a huge worrier @Strawberry1 it's a very natural thing, autistic or not. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Thanks @Albus_Scope .  I'm still awaiting for my assignment . At one point I was so sure about the Autism but now after a considerable with someone I'm not sure anymore.  I believe I'm adhd but not sure about the Autism.  Can they be linked?
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Many people are AuDHD, so autistic and ADHD, they can often go hand in hand. It's different for everyone of course. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Thanks @Albus_Scope . Appreciate your feedback. 
  • Andi66
    Andi66 Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    Options
    I'm terrible at certain things do worry me, my daughter the same.
    I get fixated on a worry which gives me a headache or I panic. Latest worry slugs climbing up the side of the house , and pip getting cut due to evil sunak. 

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 619 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks @Albus_Scope .  I'm still awaiting for my assignment . At one point I was so sure about the Autism but now after a considerable with someone I'm not sure anymore.  I believe I'm adhd but not sure about the Autism.  Can they be linked?

I have Autism and ADHD combined so you can certainly have both. Before someone said I might be autistic and having an assessment I never even heard of autism before or knew what it was. But having an assessment and being diagnosed answered so many questions and it made me finally find myself and why I was feeling so different to everyone else.

One thing I have learnt is everyone on the spectrum is different and no 2 people are the same or have the same issues but having an assessment will hopefully find the answers you are looking for. All the best.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Strawberry1
    Options
    Thank you so much @rubin16 , I really appreciate your feedback it means a great deal . Thanks so much .
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Can I put on a pip review form that I am awaiting an autism and adhd assessment? 
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    I don't think they would take any notice of that anyway would they ?
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    You can put that on the forms for sure @Strawberry1 it all helps. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    OK I will pop it on the forum.  Thanks @Albus_Scope .
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    I have heard that it is incredibly difficult to get pip for Autism . 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    They don't make it easy for anyone to get PIP to be honest, it's not the easiest system to navigate.  The best way of doing the forms is by showing how your disabilities affect each of the descriptors, with real life examples. It's less about any diagnosis and more about proving how you're affected. I hope tht makes sense? :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Thank you again @Albus_Scope . Much appreciated. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.