How Does our Garden Grow? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How Does our Garden Grow?

Options

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,802 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've had rhubarb for about 10 years and it's fed many neighbours and friends and work colleagues. But had enough of it now.  Same as the raspberry plant refuses to go
  • michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    Options
    Here's my little slice of paradise.  I've not been able to do anything to it yet this year, but hopefully it'll look lovely again soon.  I dug a small pond with a hand trowel which I was very proud of. :) The little tubs are home to my collection of carnivorous plants, who're just starting to come out of dormancy. :)

And yes, I have an army of pigeons and a jackdaw friend called Creepy Dave, who visits daily with his mates. <3 

ah we have a pair of wild pigeons come to our bird bath in the summer first time last year managed to hand feed one of there young uns when they came for a cool down 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,513 Scope online community team
    Options
    Oh bless them! Magpies are also very intelligent, so you've made some good friends there. I'm slightly jealous! <3 

I'm going to make a 'bird feeding hat' next month. Something silly and fun, I'll try and get photos when it's being used.  :D 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Oh that is breathtaking @Hilbil!  I have a very tiny ornamental cherry with about 4 branches, so I've had some blossoms this year.  They always make things seem more peaceful. <3   
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Looking good so far @martymart can't wait to see it finished 
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 568 Pioneering
    Options
    Quite naturally I an totally jealous!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    After moving into my new house mid January I'm currently renovating my garden, with the help of my daughter.

I've just recovered from a very nasty stomach bug on Thursday and Friday and now it's too windy and cold to get out there, so leaving it until it's warmer. 

I'm taking picture along the way and will post some once my lawn is done and some plants are in the ground. 

This is mine and my daughter's forever home and we are very excited to have a bigger garden where we can sit out during the warmer weather. I have the most lovely neighbours so it will be a pleasure to sit out there this year. My grandson has already made friends with their granddaughter who is the same age as him, it's so sweet! <3
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I can't wait to see the pics Poppy, I get far too excited about garden glow-ups. :)
    Glad you're feeling better now. <3 

I'm also looking forward to seeing the finished product @martymart gardening really is good for the soul. 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 3,536 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lovely tree @Hilbil,we used to have one on some council land behind our house but it was cut down a couple of years' ago.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh mannnnnn, I've just spotted this and now I want @Teigr's rose arch and pond, and @Sandy_123's vibrant pink flowers, and @Ada's skyscraper lillies (I actually think these might be my favourite flower!!)

@Teigr I know you said look at the mess the Camellias have made but OH MYYYYY I want that colour and mess in my garden, it's so pretty!! 

@Albus_Scope I love your garden, it has so much character to it and the path down to the big tree and shed it like a secret garden, I love it!! I couldn't be doing with the birds though, they'd scare me :D

@ada those tall compact greenhouses are such a great idea!! Where did you get them? Do things grow well inside??

@Hilbil that is the tree of my DREAMS, the colours!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Has it always been there??

What will you be growing @martymart??

• Albus_Scope
    Options
    Thanks @Biblioklept the shed will be my office again once it gets a bit warmer. It has electricity and internet, but no heating.   :D

I am so looking forward to being able to hobble about in the garden and do some weeding soon. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 15,040 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks @Biblioklept Mine isn’t as interesting as others as I’ve only a back yard. But I love it any bigger it would be to much work for me. And growing Everything in pots is much easier. 
    My beautiful skyscraper lilies were trashed by a idiot during the night. They had to want to as My lane is private and hard to find. With a dead end. 
    The portable greenhouse I bought from a popular online site. 
    I grow everything in there from bulbs n seeds to infants before re-potting. I even grew tomatoes in pots in the greenhouse. 
    It got ripped very badly as it got thrown about in the winter winds. ( empty ). But with special extra strong waterproof tape it’s fine. 
    Thank you for showing a interest. 
    Growing is so much easier in pots you can bring them to your height to work on. 
    I couldn’t do it if I had a proper garden. It would be to much. 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @Biblioklept you  can order  online for plants those pink ones come back every spring on their own so planting just once untill they die. 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Had this basket for mother's day but I'm wondering if it all can be planted in the garden, also what flowers are they 

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,412 Scope online community team
    Options
    Ooh I'm excited to see a gardening thread and all your lovely plants. I just planted some seeds yesterday and have started tidying up outside but haven't got very far yet. I've planted peppers, tomatoes, sugar snap peas, baby corn, purple runner beans and a few flowers. They're all on my windowsill waiting for some sunshine. 

@Sandy_123 Looks like you've got some kind of fern (front left), a peace lily (big leaves, back right) and what looks like maybe an African violet (the white flower), but I could be wrong on that one. And I think I spy a palm at the back left with the gaps between its leaves. By the looks of it they're mostly house plants, so are probably better off inside unless your garden is nice and warm :) 
    Rosie (she/her)

• Albus_Scope
    Options
    I'm seeing what looks like a fern? Definitely a peace lily and are they carnations? @Sandy_123

(Careful with lilies, as true Lilies, which include the Tiger, Stargazer, Easter, and Oriental varieties, and Day Lilies are highly toxic to cats, even drinking the water they're in can be fatal.)
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.