Comments

• Catherine21
    Catherine21 Community member Posts: 1,021 Empowering

I emailed Stephen timms twice and my local MP

• Catherine21
  • Cantilip
    Cantilip Community member Posts: 625 Empowering

Also, if you are lucky enough to have one (I do) a Green.

• Soul47
    Soul47 Community member Posts: 14 Contributor

It would still stand Catherine, as the UNCRPD protects all disabled worldwide, as Article 10 would then be added should the ECHR end as they would be taking away your rights which would cause another article to activate in the UNCRPD like Article 16.

This is the reason why many say they cannot do that at all as it would put you in a position of destitution (violation of the housing rules Article 19), as you can see, no matter what others say, because of the UNCRPD.

• Soul47

You are safe Catherine

• Catherine21
  • Soul47

Wibbles, if you copy the link to the UNCRPD into your search browser it will show you the 50 Articles of that, as quoted Articles 10, 14, 16, 19 and 28 are the ones which are applicable if the ECHR is ended, and these are the ones which Rishi Sunak himself violated, and why the vouchers never got of the ground

• Soul47

Here is the link for those who missed it earlier:-

https://social.desa.un.org/issues/disability/crpd/convention-on-the-rights-of-persons-with-disabilities-articles

Bookmark it once you have it.

• Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 2,006 Trailblazing

I agree and yes I was on a lifetime DLA award that had to be changed to a 10 year award when I converted to PIP - So they can't touch me for another 8 years !

• Cantilip
    Cantilip Community member Posts: 625 Empowering

Yet another angle of this ludicrous idea has just occurred to me - the increase in work to the sellers. There's also the simple matter of change as in what you get if you don't tender the exact money. I doubt they'd want to know. Suppose you had a £20 voucher you spent on some small but useful gadget costing £15.99. The seller would have to a) claim £15.99 back from the DWP; b) notify them they had to issue you a new voucher for £4.01. Or suppose you had to ask the DWP first, please mummy, may I buy this item costing 15.99 and they issued a voucher for that sum only by the time you got it the price had gone up or down. The whole thing is a silly can of worms.

• Catherine21
  • Ironside1990
    Ironside1990 Community member Posts: 120 Empowering

Our only hope is that there was 16K submissions for the green paper. All of the feedback was negative. Parliament won't resume until 2nd September. It'll take a good while to go through the feedback. If they ignore this, many people will be up in arms.

I can't imagine the green paper going any further, but it's the waiting game that is making people restless.

• celyn
    celyn Community member Posts: 13 Connected

I read the article you speak about this morning - and I’m sick with worry too I read it four times to understand it putting in ramps getting equipment for people it’s sounded more costly than what they are doing now - plus many are in rented accomadation which you cannot without permission adapt Willy nilly to suit your needs - so that would mean rehousing millions of people I hope and pray this does not happen I can’t stand the Pm he’s an arrogant idiot with no understanding of disability or disabling conditions they way things are going he won’t make a year he’s already condemned the pensioners now it seems he’s going to start on us

Try not to stress about it until we have to is easier to type than put into practice but your not alone I feel like you do x

• charlie72
    charlie72 Community member Posts: 19 Connected

I wouldn't worry about it too much, much of what you read is not true, the media take certain sides and love picking on the disabled and labeling them as lazy and scroungers. Just about everything the tories were initially thinking of doing to PIP was not even legal, especially the voucher system which would cost more money, leave people destitute or homeless, as many people are having to use their PIP to top up rent prices, which are none of our faults. It is illegal to leave any disabled person destitute or pooer due to policy changes, and it would also take years to implement any changes, including changing disability laws, employing more DWP staff etc. They may try offering certain people so called talking therapies which again means employing more staff as waiting lists are too long, they just like to frighten people into not claiming PIP as they'll think it's not worth going through all the stress.

• Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 2,006 Trailblazing
    edited August 4

In particular article 28 c.

"To ensure access by persons with disabilities and their families living in situations of poverty to assistance from the State with disability-related expenses, including adequate training, counselling, financial assistance and respite care."

But there is no definition of "financial assistance"

And as for "respite care" ????

• Catherine21

Seems labour has alot to deal with already I think people got to the stage where they have had enough I know I have it spills over from tories bur honestly I don't see labour offering any reassurance but we will see

• happyfella
    happyfella Community member Posts: 509 Empowering

I am following a tiktok page which my daughter got me onto https://www.tiktok.com/%40haveyoursaynow https://www.tiktok.com/@haveyoursaynow and they talk about this and also pensioners. To be honest I was hoping labour would get in but I am shocked at their actions. It seems no matter what party you are, if you are a vulnerable person then you are a target for the government. I just hope they stop this.

• Soul47

This is the main reason certain disabled people (especially those close to pension age) like myself, who are now getting ready to take government officials to the courts wibbles, for me this attack on the most vulnerable must stop, plus should the DWP enforce this voucher issue, then the potential of chaos is multiplied 16 million fold, which if any disabled person successfully prosecutes the government (that will mean no more Government Officials) which will kill the entire economy; this is the type of warning I have written to all political parties since I left College back in 1981 showing you the extent of the discrimination and who is truly responsible for the cause of the disability hate crime, this was why she was booted out of office in 1993 and why the UNCRPD was created in 1995! And yes, I have sent letters directly to 10 Downing Street, the only Prime Minister ever to respond to me was John Major himself, all the other ones (including Labour/Lib dems/UKIP/Green and the rest have not). This shows you how ignored disabled people truly are, and I feel that taking the political establishment to court is now the only way they will listen. Though I don't like to say this, Political Man are determined to be prosecuted for Treason and Sedition and Deliberate Sabotage of the Known Laws (Which directly affects the Royal Family itself). And to all you here in Scope, please keep this to hand, as I feel I will be one of many who will see this through to the end even it if does mean going to court via the DWP (Emergency Tribunal Under Disability Acts National and International Laws (Conventions Included).

• Soul47

PS. Be aware that the Magna Carta is also being violated (even with the 2 articles that remain). Those who know history that was created by King John (Ruler after Richard the Lionheart) With King John himself violated (which is what spurned the legend or myth of Robin Hood). This is why I continuously mourn, as political man has lost all respect for the laws.

This discussion has been closed.