PIP - Northern Ireland - Page 9 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - Northern Ireland

Options

Comments

• chevy790
    chevy790 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    waiting now 10 weeks exactly from capita assessment in portadown-she said 4-6 weeks for desision---rang looking report twice both times i was told i cant get it till descision was made by dwp--------tried ringing again and asked why so long a wait---not enough desision makers-holidays and ones of on sick leave she said-she said desision had been made i would recieve word in 7-10 days but wasnt able to tell over phone as certain operators including herself had been verbually abused by callers when they told them what this desision was--------anyone else waiting 10weeks? as i know several got word in 4-5 weeks of medical assessor seeing them----cant understand this as all reports go to same building or office?
  • Bruno78
    Bruno78 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    Got my "We have enough information to make a decision" letter today. Two weeks after they sent me the text saying they have received my written assessment report. Been almost 4 weeks since my assessment. 
  • chevy790
    Options
    found out my descision after guy from castle court rang me this afternoon to let me know my money woul;d be changing because of pips desision i explained i hadnt got it yet-he apoligised and asked did i want it over phone said i should have had it long ago-totally shocked no points on either motability or care after being on dla about 25 years-he advised mandatory look at it again and request capita report which i have-cant take it in on nearly 30 tabs a day for various ailments- and many other things to long to go into i  won many appeals over years but no points at all   what planet are they on-----just cant take it in-i thought that day capita girl was brushing over a lot of what i said to her over 55 mins---girl in cab stunned she said very few mandatory desisions go clients way-looks like full appeal-any ideas of waiting times in tyrone area? thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,632 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    chevy790 said:
    found out my descision after guy from castle court rang me this afternoon to let me know my money woul;d be changing because of pips desision i explained i hadnt got it yet-he apoligised and asked did i want it over phone said i should have had it long ago-totally shocked no points on either motability or care after being on dla about 25 years-he advised mandatory look at it again and request capita report which i have-cant take it in on nearly 30 tabs a day for various ailments- and many other things to long to go into i  won many appeals over years but no points at all   what planet are they on-----just cant take it in-i thought that day capita girl was brushing over a lot of what i said to her over 55 mins---girl in cab stunned she said very few mandatory desisions go clients way-looks like full appeal-any ideas of waiting times in tyrone area? thanks
    I'm sorry about that. It seems like the HCP wasn't what you thought because the DM usually goes with the report and most likely no points were recommended.

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR, which should be put in writing. You need to state where you think you should have score those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Only 18% of MR decisions change so yes you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal.

Here in the UK waiting times for hearings in most parts are huge and some are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date. If the MR decision remains the same, once you request the appeal you'll be able to ring HMCTS and ask what the current waiting times are for your area. This will only be a guide so do be aware of that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alibo01
    Alibo01 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    Mine has gone for mandatory review. Hope I don't have to go through appeal as well. My niece went to appeal it took 11 months she did win in the end but the stress was hard on her. I don't think I have the strength to cope with it on top of everything else 
  • chevy790
    Options
    thank you poppy123456 for your advise and what to put in appeal-what does  HCP stand for  in your comment-?-------i spoke to girl who worked for DWP for many years and now deals with appeals(privately)-she goes with you and helps fill out appeal form for tribuneral and lets u know how it operates etc ety-obviously she charges for this) she needs to c my descision letter as soon as it comes but doesnt surprize her in slightest----she said she has seen some horendous desisions and also seen some she couldnt beleive that got ?care and mobility at differant rates---------a lot is to do with the capita person doing assessment she said   she actually knows some(by name) by their reputation- --she wont go to trbuneral unless she is pretty sure of overturn- she stressed this on phone  no charge for advice on descision letter and next move-----her success rate is 84%--im told shes highly respected by the 3 people on tribunal-thanks again poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    Options
    HCP = health care professional (the person that did the assessment)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bruno78
    Options
    HCP means Health care professional aka Capita.
  • lou72
    lou72 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    Hi chevy790.
    I'm from the armagh area also.  1st time pip application. I've osteoarthritis in neck and back, fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, mental health issues,  plus many other things. I have very significant pain throughout my body on a daily basis and take a lot of meds on a daily basis which leave me drowsy and fatigued. I am unable to cook ad look after myself.
    Had my face to face October 2018 which was horrendous. 0 points throughout. Asked for Mr on November 0points again so appealed to tribunal in February 2019. 
    Received my date for tribunal for July. 
     The lady uve been talking about is helping with my appeal representative and has done everything for me, which has also relieved me from the stress and anxiety of it all.  So all I can do is hope the tribunal agree with me.
    Good luck with your mr
  • eddie1912
    eddie1912 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi, dose any one know if some decisions take longer than others? I applied 28th of jan had my Forms sent back for mid feb, Dident have my F2F till 22 May got text on 3rd of June to say they have all the information, from start till now near 6 months, I also know some one else that had there F2F 4 weeks before me and got the text on the 7th of May and still no decision, so is there any way I could get my decision before the other person as there’s is a move from dla to pip and mine is a new claim dateing  back to jan
  • poppy123456
    Options
    eddie1912 said:
    Hi, dose any one know if some decisions take longer than others? I applied 28th of jan had my Forms sent back for mid feb, Dident have my F2F till 22 May got text on 3rd of June to say they have all the information, from start till now near 6 months, I also know some one else that had there F2F 4 weeks before me and got the text on the 7th of May and still no decision, so is there any way I could get my decision before the other person as there’s is a move from dla to pip and mine is a new claim dateing  back to jan
    Hi,

There's no timescales for any decision, backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. It doesn't make any difference if it's a new claim or a transfer from DLA the timescales are still the same.

If you live in the UK you can request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. You'll still have to wait for the decision.

The letter you received is just a standard letter they send everyone. Hopefully not too long now.
  • Bruno78
    Options
    eddie1912 said:
    You had your f2f 2 days before me and got your text the same day as me. Mine is a move from DLA. Not sure if they are prioritizing the DLA movers to try and get them out of the way, but I assume it goes in order of when they receive the medical report! Into my 5th week waiting since my f2f and I am sick of it, I have severe anxiety and the waiting is driving me nuts! 
  • eddie1912
    Options
    The other person i know is now at 9 weeks of waiting since assessment and when they phoned on Friday said it could be at least another 2 weeks, but got giving the exact same answer 2 week prior, I’m the same my anxiety is going through the roof  
  • Vicki988
    Vicki988 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    eddie1912 said:
    I applied start of January, assessment 30 April so I'm waiting just as long as you =[
  • eddie1912
    Options
    Vicki988 said:
    eddie1912 said:
    I applied start of January, assessment 30 April so I'm waiting just as long as you =[
    Ridiculous amount of time to be waiting
  • Bruno78
    Options
    Vicki988 said:
    eddie1912 said:
    You still not had a decision Vicki? No way I can wait another 4/5/6 weeks! Cant do it, its driving me nuts!
  • Alibo01
    Alibo01 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
     Can't believe you are still waiting. It's not good enough they are launching an investigation into pip. Maybe that will speed them up 
  • Vicki988
    Vicki988 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Bruno78 said:
    Vicki988 said:
    eddie1912 said:
    You still not had a decision Vicki? No way I can wait another 4/5/6 weeks! Cant do it, its driving me nuts!
    Told me 6 weeks at most but I know others have been waiting longer!
  • eddie1912
    Options
    Vicki988 said:
    Bruno78 said:
    Vicki988 said:
    eddie1912 said:
    Told me 6 weeks at most but I know others have been waiting longer!
    The other person I know had assessment on 23rd of April and when they phoned on Friday they said it should be done by 3rd of July so I’m total that will take it to 10 weeks from assessment that’s a week before you, if there all on the same time scale I’d say you would be no later than 10th of July 
  • Bruno78
    Options
    Assessor told me 4 or 5 weeks, 5th week now. Text said 6 weeks as a guide! If its not done by the end of next week, will get my MP or councillor to ring them. They fairly speeded up my ESA backpayments up when my MP rang them after telling me it would take 4 or 5 more weeks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.