PIP - Northern Ireland - Page 8 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - Northern Ireland

Options

Comments

• drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    I received a letter after the text saying they have received my report, the letter said they had all the information they needed. I got the letter about 1 week and a half after i received the text. I hope this helps. 
  • Bruno78
    Bruno78 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    Cheers, got the text a week ago, so still time for it to arrive. Just checking in case I think its my decision letter when it arrives in the post!
  • Vicki988
    Vicki988 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    chevy790 said:
    im in tyrone and tried ringing them again today-9 weeks exactly from assesment by capita-letter dated 7th may to say all medical evidence they needed had been recieved--girl did look it up after she took n/insurance number-- no result as of today-she said there was a big back log as they dont have enough medical assessors to look at these reports and make a descision and some off on holidays-she said 4-6 weeks(as advised by capita nurse that day of interview) is really only an estimate at the moment-in some cases they can get a descision in 4 weeks as was the case with a cousin of mine-she said u will continue to recieve DLA till a descision is reached-she said it takes 7 days after this before u get it in writing-------i was told last week i couldnt get report until descision was made-seems to be some differances over this
    I've been told the same =[
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,637 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's not a medical assessor that looks at the assessment report, it's a decision maker/case manager from DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • baggsy26
    baggsy26 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Options
    I just got off the phone to dwp and have now been told that they no longer send out assessment report copies until a decision has been made is this true she said my case is with DM but I have only received a txt to say the have received the report from capita no other txt to say whether they need more info or anything 
  • Alibo01
    Alibo01 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    I'm in Northern Ireland and I got my copy no problem. My local mp rang them yesterday after I was told it would be another 2 or 3 weeks. I got a call from mp office today and dwp confirmed my pip awarded this morning. 
  • baggsy26
    Options
    Well when I rang last week they told me that when they get it bck they would put a note on my file to say I requested it but I rang today to make sure they were sending it and they said I will only get it with my decision letter which means if it is bad news it doesn’t give you long to prepare for a MR 
  • Alibo01
    Options
    Maybe it's different in rest of UK. All I can say is I didn't have issue getting mine. I didn't agree with some of it so it will be going for mr
  • Vicki988
    Options
    baggsy26 said:
    Well when I rang last week they told me that when they get it bck they would put a note on my file to say I requested it but I rang today to make sure they were sending it and they said I will only get it with my decision letter which means if it is bad news it doesn’t give you long to prepare for a MR 
    You should also get a letter saying the same, as mine said they've recieved everything to make a decision but still don't see why that is taking forever
  • baggsy26
    Options
    @Vicki988 when did you apply for yours how long you been waiting ??
  • Vicki988
    Options
    baggsy26 said:
    @Vicki988 when did you apply for yours how long you been waiting ??
    January had my assessment end of April
  • baggsy26
    Options
    Wow that’s a long time I applied for mine 24th March and put my forms in 24th April and had my F2f 24th may do mine really quick then good luck hope you hear soon 
  • Bruno78
    Options
    I got my dla is ending letter at xmas. Phoned PIP in January, filled and returned forms early February. F2F appointment was 24th May(although I cancelled the first one which was scheduled 2 weeks before) Now almost 3 weeks since and the wait is killing me already! Really hope I get a decision in the next few weeks. Really cant cope with not knowing if it drags on for months like some people have been waiting
  • meaghan
    meaghan Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
    I applied early jan had assessment feb waited 8 wks dwp never received my assessment from capitia ..had to have another assessment in end april no reason given ...im still waiting on decision ..its awful what they put people through 
  • Alibo01
    Options
    My f2f assessment was end of April it was received 8th May by Dwp. Got my award today. Although I wasn't transferring from dla mine was a completely new claim. It seems to be the transfers are taking longer which you think would be more straightforward. 
  • meaghan
    Options
    Hi alibo01 mine is a new claim also but its taking so long 2 assessments for same claim and no decision and still cant tell me why ive had 2f2f assessments so stressful 
  • Alibo01
    Options
    Hi meaghan omg that's awful. Did you speak to capita customer complaints department. They should be giving you some answers no wonder your stressed. I got my local Councillor to ring them in the end. That was yesterday my claim was awarded today. 
  • meaghan
    Options
    Yes i am going to speak to someone this wk if i dont hear anything back i just have some much going on at minute husband unwell also and just getting over a bereavement so i could do without the added worry but im trying to stay positive thanks for advice much appreciated. 
  • drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    Hi there,
    It's terrible to think that an assessor would lie on a report but I do believe it happens. I was lucky my assessor was really kind and understanding of my disability. I hope you are able to complain and get a positive outcome on this one. Wishing your family the best.

• Bruno78
    Options
    I haven't got my results yet from assessment so dont want to tempt fate. However the assessor was lovely and at times seemed like she was trying to give me extra points. I had down no trouble with toilet needs, however she asked me was I sure as I probably need stuff that I hadnt thought of like rails etc to help me get up from the toilet. She also didnt ask me all the stupid questions other people get hit with, like can you make a sandwich, do you own a pet and all that nonsense. I accept the report may differ from my perception of things, however having had ESA f2f in the past, the pip assessor was lovely compared to the old cow that did my ESA assessment years ago! The PIP assessment was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be and only lasted around 40 minutes. She even said she would try her best before I left but ultimately it was up to a decision maker. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.