KaleidoScope: Our own gallery for members' art work, crafts and photographs. - Page 8 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

KaleidoScope: Our own gallery for members' art work, crafts and photographs.

Options

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Excellent photographs @Seawitch. Think you have a real talent there.
  • Seawitch
    Seawitch Community member Posts: 15 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks JennysDad I love taking pics and try hard to improve got my first camera dec 2016 and upgraded may 2018 so learning lots
  • JennysDad
    Options
    I think you have 'an eye for it', which is the most crucial thing of all  :)
  • Seawitch
    Seawitch Community member Posts: 15 Courageous
    Options
    JennysDad Thank you again I love feedback good or bad , it's what helps me improve , me i am hopeless my own worst critic lol ( it got to the point i just tell myself to shut up and not listen to myself as i dont know what i am on about hehe i could so get locked up if overheard ) mainly i take pics i enjoy although i do try and go out of my comfort zone and try new and different styles
  • Bitttasweeta
    Bitttasweeta Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Wow  I love to be able to make one.   
    sandyp196 said:
    I make rag dolls. I make other things too but atm dolls are my favourite. I give them as gifts or donate them to raise funds for animals. 

• JennysDad
    Options
    Hello @Debra_Lorraine and welcome to KaleidoScope. Sorry it has taken me a while to get back here - I'm going to try to do better, but have just been struggling a bit myself.
    Some very, very lovely work in there, Debra. Was the gymnasium taken on the 5 by 4 inch camera? For years I would have given an arm and a leg to have access to one, but digital photography seems to have taken over. I wonder what results a 5 by 4 digital camera would produce, in terms of definition. :)
    Lovely stuff altogether but, wincing myself at the pun, that birthday cake really takes the biscuit. It is astonishingly good.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    @JennysDad
  • Debra_Lorraine
    Debra_Lorraine Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Hi @jennysdad
    yes the Gym is on the 5x4 large format, I love the images it takes they have the most amazing clarity. I have to slow things down and consider  composition a lot more with this type of work, don’t forget with a camra of this sort your working with an upside down image ?
  • JennysDad
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi @Debra_Lorraine,
      Yes, a lot of the joy in the medium and large format cameras is that they compel you to slow down and think about what you are doing and what you are aiming for. Many years ago I had access to a Mamiya Twin Lens camera which allowed  beautiful time exposures, and I subsequently owned both Yashica and Lubitel TLRs.
    I suspect that the old large format cameras are still probably the best for real portrait work too.
    Lovely to hear from you,
    @JennysDad
  • JennysDad
    Options
    Very fine work, @Dimples250. Thank you for posting. 
    I look forward to reading your work @flowergirl1965
    Lots of love to you both.
    @JennysDad
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Its good to see you on the community @JennysDad I hope you are ok! We have missed you :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • JennysDad
    Options
    I'm getting by, thank you, Sam. Hope to be back to my usual self soon and to get meeting and greeting again :smiley:
    Take care,
    @JennysDad
  • JennysDad
    Options
    Hello @LaLa098 and it is good to hear from you. 
    I can't advise on 'free introduction classes', though you might have a look and see it there are any amateur groups in your area. One used to be able to find them through the local library though, these days, one never knows for sure.
    One starting place you might consider is youtube.com. Search for tutorials for whichever media you are interested in (I just had a quick look at 'watercolour tutorials' and there's quite a lot there, and I have visited it for drawing tutorials in the past).
    A good book can be useful too.
    Hope this is of some little help at least. I look forward to hearing more from you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad
  • pamla
    pamla Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    This is me by our local canal with my two dogs Kimmie and Rosa. I love being outdoors with them as much as I can
  • chockies
    chockies Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    Options

A cake that I baked a while ago, it was so pretty.

Didn't last long ?.

Chockies ?.
  • painter
    painter Community member Posts: 52 Pioneering
    Options
    Dear Lala098 I am so so sorry for not replying earlier.  Not been into the forum for a while and just happened to see this in my e mails .  There may possibly be some free courses available and may be if you belong to a disability group in your area they may be aware of some free teaching.  I started to paint about 10 yrs ago, at first I bought lots of books, or you could pick up a monthly art magazine, The Artist is a good one. I love water colour, my favourite medium.  I learnt so much from You Tube.  Just put in watercolour for beginners, amazing what info and demos are out there.  I have paid for classes, some are very reasonably priced.  Have fun, don't give up, I have ripped up many of mine in frustration, but three months down the line you will be surprised at what you have learnt and come along.  Good luck, bit late but Happy New Year too.
  • marmalade
    marmalade Community member Posts: 69 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi all
    I am new to scope in general and was invited to check out this page.  It's clear there is a lot if talent here.  I will post some of my own work at some point.  But this is a great idea. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.