WCA & PIP - Page 9 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WCA & PIP

Options
12345679»

Comments

• pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Right! so she can say that and offend me and yet MY post gets edited!? Is it women sticking together? just totally one sided forum OR is it fair?

Not fair from where I sit - i'll waste my time elsewhere i'm not going to bother with a forum where bullying is allowed and defending ones self is not. I'll be raising awareness of how Scope allows bullying on it's forums and therefore goes against the very legislation it uses to preach with - maybe my mates at Global will be interested - soon find out!

Good day!
  • KEE
    KEE Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Options
    Oh no what has happened? Please reconsider leaving, you have had a stressful day so sleep on it  and see how you feel in the morning? I sure that mental health comment isn’t meant maliciously although could have been worded better. I have mental health issues and that title is an  umbrella word for a vast range of diagnosis. I think after you had mentioned about self harm earlier after that meeting a suggestion of seeing someone would be classed as safe guarding for you. Hope you feel better tomorrow it’s like being out through the wringer but hang on in there ? wish you all the best if you don’t come back
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @pcoventry As a community champion here on scope, it can often be very difficult to read a comment correctly and we can get upset sometimes by the way comments are worded, even though there really wasn't anything meant by it in the first place. Looking at a particular comment myself i can't see anything wrong, although yes it could have been worded differently, i agree with @KEE here.

I honestly think that your best interests were at heart here. I too suffer with mental health issues and sometimes comments can be rather hurtful, especially when we haven't had the best of days.

Through out the whole of the thread people have tried to advise you and give you the best advice that they think is right, even though this can be very difficult at times on a forum. The benefit system is complete minefield if you don't fully understand it. Reading information on different websites can be misleading too.

I'm sorry you feel the need to leave the forum and would like to ask you to reconsider this decision.

Going back to an earlier comment about the extra money you're having to find each month on your rent @pcoventry this can't be easy every month. If you have a carer stay with in during the night sometimes then you should look into asking for an extra bedroom, as previously advised. You should also ring your local council about the DHP ASAP and ask them to send you a form to fill in. Please mention that when you first had your house that it wasn't just yourself living there, this meant that the rent was much more affordable at that time. Now you're living alone you're finding the extra payments are causing you extreme hardship. I'm hoping that the DHP will be agreed for this reason. It will be paid for a certain length of time and if you haven't moved house by the time it ends then you can re-apply. Please do this tomorrow, if possible.

I hope by the time you wake in the morning that you're feeling a little better at least.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @pcoventry.
    We don't allow any type of profanity on the community. As a result, the out-of-hours moderator used their discretion to moderate your post.
    I understand you've been upset by a recent comment made in this thread. I've looked at it and don't believe it was intended to cause offence, but I'm sorry you felt attacked and we will be keeping a very close eye on any further discussions here.

To echo KEE and Poppy, I hope you're feeling a bit better this morning and that you'll consider staying with us on the community.

Best of luck with your DHP application and please let us know if we can help at all with this, your problems with UC, or your ongoing appeal.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Hello all.

A quick reminder to please be mindful of how you might come across to other members. Even when advice is well-meant, it can sometimes be construed differently. As we've said many times, it can be difficult to convey tone over the Internet and it can be easily misinterpreted.
    Please bear that in mind before making or respond to comments.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    HI Hart, I didn't miss this and I did follow advice - in the end I rammed the Disability Discrimination part of the Equality act down their throats via a complaint to the JC about her and her boss  - I now have a decent work coach and the support of the Disability Employment Advisor. So thank you for your advice 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Hi @pcoventry, I'm glad to read you've got a better work coach and are being supported by the Disability Employment Advisor. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • KEE
    KEE Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Options
    @pcoventry glad you took my advice on the discrimination act ?? You passed my mind recently and was wondering how you got on thankyou for update.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.