No comment - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No comment

Options

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    That’s excellent @sam12, I’m really glad you’re going to be able to see her.

I can imagine it’s making you quite emotional though as you haven’t seen her for some time and have had to fight to get to. 
    Do you think your brother will be there when you go? Have they arranged a date to take you? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    Options
    No he won't be care nurse owner says I can go early I picked my outfit out to need to iron it been so long not seen mum am scared thou in case am bullied it get me out for bit then social take me for a drink to maybe Mcdonalds 
  • sam12
    Options
    Possible next week or after I know tomorrow more. Mum be made up then I kant afford to go wen better no money until pip thou 
  • sam12
    Options
    Beware amazon fake txt hackers saying package received don't open txts 
  • sam12
    Options
    Sky threaten me into pay until Jan I ask to cancel today I cancel direct debit cause am updated last payment 12th July. They handin it to debt collectors I kant pay I don't have it a mth I owe btgas near 400 the home warm care 140 will reduce it and I use sky 22 to btgas plus 8.50 from insurance in Oct time is debt collection mean they come take away item well they can take TV only dumping it anyway one crisis after another. Mum be excited me goin see her 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Who do you think might bully you when you visit your mum @sam12? I don't think the care home staff will be horrible to you, their main focus is on the people they care for and they are usually very good offering support to visitors. 
    Let us know when you find out any more, I'm really pleased you're getting to see her. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Hi @sam12, I'm sorry you're struggling with money. Usually Sky will pass it on to their collections department and if you're unable to set up a payment plan with them, they will try and find a way to enforce it or sell the debt on to a collection agency. 
    You should think about contacting StepChange, they are a charity that can help in these situations. With your permission they can talk to Sky and British Gas on your behalf and get debts reduced or set up a plan that is affordable for you.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    Options
    Am in low esa paying 15 mth council tax I was told to much as am on 127 pounds wk am strugglin alot 
  • sam12
    Options
    I kant find any more money am with step change. Think my bills more priority bgas been so kind in helping me 5 fortnightly sky is rubbish not worth paying it I paid to date no one told me 18 mth contract I wish to cancel it I kant find money as my esa is low as it can be bearly eating at all think bills n eating inportant. If it case they have to wait until I been tribunal November 
  • sam12
    Options
    Mum am. Worried about bullying me I end up coming home. I told them I be there late morning or around lunch I think care lady mis read me said she give me lunch i don't want to eat there no my place only visit my mum that all am not like my brother who scabs free food then goes on luxary holidays. My other brother I escape he bully 
  • sam12
    Options
    Social and support worker coming later after lunch to arrange time to see my mum. They make me nervous specifically support worker she harmless but something scary about her think to pushy u kant push someone to heal fast in withdrawal stages. Had bad nite burning and itchy skin omg thort the beginning was bad. Possible allergic itchy or withdrawal itching hard to know. So i tried plain water bath. 
  • sam12
    Options
    I invited her to my wedding day she  seem was kind offer let her know near time 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    That's very nice of you @sam12, I'm sure she was pleased to be invited. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Every council operates their own rules about council tax, but if you think you're being charged too much it's worth getting in touch with them. Do they know you're on a lesser ESA amount now?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Did the bath help with the itching? I hope you get on alright today with the social worker and support worker and get a good plan in place for seeing your mum. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    Options
    Had plain bath. Itching still on and off will be back thou it's awful to. Social worker yes today I hope so. Support worker little scary because of withdrawal symptoms not her personally 
  • sam12
    Options
    No i not told them at all last year been paying 15 mth
  • sam12
    Options
    Yes she lovely lady I feel safe with her on helpline she was yawning last night tired. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    You could try speaking to them? If they have your income wrong they might be able to lower your council tax contribution more. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @sam12, that's great news about going to see your mum! I hope you manage to arrange a time today :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.