Star wars man cave, anyone else collect things and have a room to display? - Page 14 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Star wars man cave, anyone else collect things and have a room to display?

Options

Comments

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,858 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks again @Alex_Scope, just put two pics of the full room, need to redo the pics of my cabinets, i'll post later, cheers
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Hey @Alex_Scope, glad you like the curtains, yeah they were one of the final touches i added to the room, i do love them
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    It is really positive to hear you are glad to have him home @Grinchy. What a magical room! I can tell it is a room full of things you like and that make you happy   :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Thanks @L_Volunteer, yes its great to have him home, glad you like the room, i do enjoy spending time in there, 
  • Grinchy
    Options
    My wife put up some of my carded figures on the wall for me, looks nice i think, i'm glad she done it, if i had done they would all be different heights, lol

Also took a couple of pics of my favourite pieces

• Grinchy
    Options
    Hey @Teddybear12, thank you, they do look nicer on the wall, i am glad for the room, its my happy place

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ha, it looks great @Grinchy. Thanks for sharing these photos with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Hey @L_Volunteer, no problem, i've been pottering round in my room getting it ready for my sons stuff, keeps me busy, 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Hey @Grinchy. It sounds like you are being kept busy. How long until your son comes home now? Hopefully, just enough time for you to potter round in your room and get it ready for your son  :)

• Grinchy
    Options
    He is home now, stuff is in the living room, it'll be moved up over the next few days, thanks again 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Yay! Really positive to hear he is home now @Grinchy. How did moving the stuff go for you? Hope it went well  :)

• Grinchy
    Options
    thanks @L_Volunteer yes the stuff is all moved in now, great to have him home
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    That all sounds really positive @Grinchy. Yay  :)

• sunflower2
    sunflower2 Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    Really cool room @Grinchy , I love star wars too but my first love is Lara croft I love tomb raider but mom won't let me use our spare room in that way so just the games for me. 

As a little girl it was so refreshing to be introduced to a strong female character and I love to rock climb like her and a spooky fact I've always found spooky anyway is I lost my father on the same day , same month and same year as her. 
  • Grinchy
    Options
    thanks @sunflower2 , glad you like the room, and your tomb raider stuff sounds interesting, it is spooky, sorry about your dad, cheers
  • Grinchy
    Options
    So i did another trade today with a fellow collector, i have this chewbacca figure coming, its from the prototype retro range of figures, based on figures hasbro made to test the quality of the moulds they were using for the new figures, they would use any spare resin to make test figures thats why there are different coloured limbs, just a different take on the figures,
    i quite like them, i have a boba done in this style to, and there's also a Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper which i don't have they are getting expensive now the Vader can go for a couple of hundred!

• Grinchy
    edited October 2022
    Options
    that sounds like a nice hobby your husband has, i'm glad you are supportive
    sorry to hear about your mental health issues, its no fun i get that, thanks for your comment x
  • Grinchy
    Options
    So i have been looking for something a bit unusual for the room, found these clapperboards that someone has produced, they use them in the movies to mark the start and end of a scene, thought they would look good on the wall or out on display

not here yet, but they will be soon, glad i found them
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They look really cool @grinchy :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Grinchy
    Options
    thanks @Tori_Scope, glad you like them, they came today and one of them had a broken clapper, easy fix with a couple of dabs of glue, seller packaged them really well to, never mind, really pleased with them, now to find a place for them

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.