Star wars man cave, anyone else collect things and have a room to display? - Page 12 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Star wars man cave, anyone else collect things and have a room to display?

Options

Comments

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,876 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks @Alex_Scope , yeah the box art is great, glad you like it

• Grinchy
    Options
    just enjoying spending time in my room, when i was a young lad my nan would take me to the local toyshop on saturday and let me get an action figure for the princely sum of £1.50, i'd open it and play on the way home on the bus, happy times, i mentioned in my other thread she is dying, i hope it happens soon i hate to see her linger, lucky i have some of the figures she bought me still on display, i will cherish them
  • simonj
    simonj Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
  • simonj
    simonj Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Love your collection ! Here’s some of mine 👍 I made the mural , made the models and painted on tie fighters and stitched the string lights in 
  • Grinchy
    Options
    thanks @Teddybear12, i appreciate it, yeah i love the figures, Hey @simonj
    that looks great, really nice job, good to see someone else with a space of there own
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wish i could work out how to put photo's on sites' ha ha 
    My Huddy is a nightmare @Grinchy he collects Dinky/Corgi models and construction vehicles he's a right anerak ha ha = he has the box room every wall has shelves top to bottom and a display cabernet in the middle of the room,
    My problem is he has now started to creep out on to the landing ha ha.

I'm sorry to hear about your Nan also, but memories and certain objects are the best, further down the line it will put a smile on your face x
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Thanks @SueHeath, your hubbys collection sounds ace, would love to see it, thanks for what you said about my nan, means a lot, we will have many happy memories, cheers
  • RobC88
    RobC88 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Awesome Star Wars collection! I have a Man Room(only room in the house the wife has allowed me to have 😂) I collect Art prints and 1/6 figures etc. I used to collect gaming consoles since I was a kid but downsized those quite a bit in the last few years 
  • Grinchy
    Options
    thank you @RobC88, would love to see your collection, sounds cool

• RobC88
    Options
    Grinchy said:
    thank you @RobC88, would love to see your collection, sounds cool

Here’s some quick snaps of it at the moment. Not the tidiest of places at the moment though 😂 
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Grinchy, nice collection. You could perhaps open a little tiny one room museum and charge people for visit by appointment only :)
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Hey @RobC88, thats a great collection, do you have a few hot toys there to? i have a few 1/6 scale custom figures and one hot toys, they are so expensive, lovely though.
    @iza thats a nice idea, i let people in for a nosey every now and again, not at the moment as its full of my daughters stuff, cheers
  • RobC88
    Options
    Hey @Grinchy yeah I've got 3 or 4 hot toys and a lot of 3rd party stuff and customs. My First4Figures Psycho Mantis statue arrived today so spent most of the day moving the display around but ran out of steam so will finish it later this week. Yeah the prices of them are getting ridiculous now, I've got some still in the box because I don't have enough room to display them haha
  • Grinchy
    Options
    @RobC88, sounds like a decent figure, i enjoy 1/6 scale customs, cheaper than standard hot toys, i have some stuff in storage to, once my daughter is sorted out i'll have a look at the room again, feel free to add pics of your setup here, i like seeing what other people collect
  • Grinchy
    edited May 2022
    Options
    So i bought a new poster for my room, back in the eighties i entered a contest to win some star wars goodies, i didn't win sadly, but this poster was one of the prizes, glad to have one in the collection, this is a reprint, an original would set you back around  £130! this will do me 

• Grinchy
    Options
    So i recently got some star wars figures back from my childhood, my nan had put them to one side i was glad to have them back, especially this figure of R2D2, this is a survivor along with me of the abuse i suffered at the hands of my father, i would sooth myself by rubbing the top of him on my nose, seemed to help especially with the bottom pain, i always had R2 and hid him from my father and his drunken rages, he would think nothing of grabbing handfulls of my figures and throwing them around or just breaking them, he tried many times to break r2 but the little droid was made of strong stuff, i'd lost him over the years but glad to have him back, its been a tough time with my nan passing, but with finding this its like she's saying its ok, everything will be alright, i won't loose him again, and when my time comes, he will go with me to the great beyond, just wanted to share, he is priceless to me

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this @Grinchy

Little figurine's like this might not mean much to some, but when you explain R2's value to you, he really does become priceless :) I think he also shows that you are made of strong stuff as well!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh @Grinchy sorry to hear about your Nan, you have your memories with your Nan, so much better then your other memories. That R2 is a special gift which you can treasure with great love of your Nan xx
  • Grinchy
    Options
    thanks @Alex_Scope, yeah they are very special to me, when he was particularly cruel and violent he would sometimes leave a  new figure for me, these are some of the figures my nan had put aside, i'm glad to have these figures, even though they were earned through pain, its hard to describe and probably sounds bonkers to some but i love these figures, glad to have them, @SueHeath many thanks for your kind words i will treasure him
  • Grinchy
    Options
    So i got a count Dooku figure around a year ago, and was pleased with the figure, on one of my visits to ebay i found a replacement head, i like this one better than the one i have so bought it, best part is it cost me less than 15 pounds delivered, i know as a mask and propmaker i couldn't produce work to this quality for that amount, so i'm glad to have a bargain
    heres the original figure

and the replacement head

Also i don't think i could paint at this scale, my eyes are not as they used to be, cheers!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.