Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

A new poem

Options

Comments

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,426 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Poem about a young man called Jed
    A young Jed led a dangerous life 
    As was a lot of stiff 
    As life was going down the wrong path 
    Jed then sanctuary in his rapping lyrics writing of his own songs  
    As Jed had rapped about some difficult times he had faced in his life 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,426 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A poem young woman called Stacey 
    A young woman called Stacey looked pasty as she spent too long in the sun
    Stacey did not ever go back outside when the sun was out
    As Stacey laid on the sofa 
    Stacey at one important message for people not to stay sunshine for too long 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Globster You've been busy :)  Good work!  Do you have any ideas for poems to write this week?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Globster
    Options
    @Cher_Scope
    I do have a few ideas but I will keeping them a surprise 

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m looking forward to it @Globster
  • Globster
    Options
    A poem about young women called Shaid 
    A young women called Shaid love to rave 
    She was brave to dance in her high heels 
    But due to the lockdown Shaid was missing her raving 

• Globster
    edited November 2020
    Options
    A poem about young women May
    A young women called Meg had a bad leg 
    That did not stop Meg from getting out of bed
    Meg stayed positive 

• Globster
    Options
    A poem young man called Jed dreaded going to the dentist 
    but Jed tooth was hurting 
    And Jed was scared of needles 
    But Jed was in great pain so he had to go to the dentist 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can empathise with Jed @Globster, I don't like needles either.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    Options
    @Ross_Scope
    I don't I like needles myself I had my botox injection my backlephen pump filled every six months 

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Well you are very brave for going through that @Globster :) 

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    Options
    A poem about young called Fred
    A young man called Fred 
    He had a dread taking a new medication for diabetes
    This was because was not sure what medication was going to affect his body

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Thanks for sharing again @Globster :) 

• Globster
    Options
     A poem about young woman called Kay
    A young woman called Kay found her way to pay her bills 
    As Kay made homemade biscuits. 
    As the beautiful smell of chocolate chip cookies 
    As she was able to purchase a shop where she made her chocolate chip cookies
    As her business was slow for the first few months but then her business took off when she advising her business 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd love some of Kay's biscuits right now @Globster
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Globster
    Options
    A poem about a man called Jay
    A young man Jay prayed that stayed safe during to Covid 19 
    Jay get praises for his poetry has brought a smile to people faces
    As he hopes to lift people for knees and please them through his poetry writing 

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    I bet Jay has marvellous poetry skills :) 

• Globster
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @Tori_Scope
    I got mock test results I didn’t quite get the pass mark for the mock exam because I got 11 out of 20 I know where I went wrong and I am upbeat that I will achieve the exam mark next time and teacher has suggested that I join some extra online classes they are GCSE English 

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think 11 out of 20 is still a respectable score and would be happy with that so well done  :)

As long as you know where you need to improve that’s what matters, that is the whole point of mock tests :)
  • Globster
    Options
    @66Mustang
    I am well happy with my marks  :) I know that where I need to improve now and will definitely give a better preparation for the real exam 
    Thank you for the amazing support of the scope  online community 

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.