What’s the last thing you bought online? - Page 54 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What’s the last thing you bought online?

Options

Comments

• THE_DUDE
    THE_DUDE Community member Posts: 209 Pioneering
    Options
    A jeans with the alarm still on lol second time this happened. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,940 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @THE_DUDE ha ha I know of someone who had a bottle of spirits delivered with the anti theft tag thing still on it. They tried almost everything to get it off, those things are strong. They eventually managed with an angle grinder!!!!
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 516 Pioneering
    Options
    A USB flash drive & a battery storage case, as the carrier bag is getting too heavy.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,777 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My latest buy today some trailing sweet pea seeds for baskets
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,910 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    An electric lawn scarifer, grass seed and rake.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    I got an email about a bottle of "whisky" which is aged for a decent number of years, the final few of which were in ex maple syrup barrels

It's called a "malt spirit drink" because apparently they can't call it whisky because maple syrup barrels are not a recognised barrel type to age whisky in, or something

To you and me it's whisky

It sounds really yummy ... the problem is since I am only drinking a small amount, they last a long time now and are stacking up. I have quite a nice little collection on my shelf now ...

Other problem is it's quite dear
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Treated myself to a nice hand painted elephant pop art canvas for my living room, Elephants are my favourite animal and I'm elephant mad. I have lots of elephant themed ornaments and wall art that looks nice in my living room
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• 66Mustang
    Options
    @rubin16 that's nice and elephants are cool, my Mum loves elephants :blush:
  • rubin16
    edited March 22
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    @rubin16 that's nice and elephants are cool, my Mum loves elephants :blush:

Yeah they are adorable, and really smart and family orientated. I'm currently redecorating my living room so each time I get paid I buy alittle bit or a piece of furniture its coming together nicely now. I also sponsor elephants through WWF each month too
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• 66Mustang
    Options
    @rubin16 that's a great thing to sponsor, yeah elephants are family animals, apparently they mourn the loss of their relatives like humans do, you probably already know that :blush:
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,113 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @66Mustang I can imagine that whiskey to be very expensive. Went to a whisky shop in York once. That was dear too, but they had lots of testers, think everyone left drunk
  • rubin16
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    @rubin16 that's a great thing to sponsor, yeah elephants are family animals, apparently they mourn the loss of their relatives like humans do, you probably already know that :blush:

Yeah they tend to stay as a family too, and take care and raise the baby elephants as a whole family, not just one parent. They are quite family orientated and quite smart animals. I think for my next birthday/christmas I'm not going to ask for a present this year instead ask my family to sponsor the elephants at the local zoo for me. You get a free ticket and get your name on a plaque in the elephant house if you sponsor them plus regular updates.

• rubin16
    edited March 22
    Options
    *edited* Don't know why this posted twice but can't delete

• 66Mustang
    Options
    @Sandy_123 some whisky is just insane to me, 80 year old whisky for £150,000. So if you pour yourself a double there is over 10 grand in your glass. I don't know how someone could ever justify that. The oldest whisky I have ever tried was 30 year old, it was £350 a bottle but I just bought a miniature for £25 just to try it

@rubin16 that's a lovely thing to do. I also heard elephants are matriarchal and the oldest female is in charge instead of having an alpha male in charge like most animals do, I think that's true
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,575 Scope online community team
    Options
    I won a £100 Warhammer prize, asked for the cash instead, then replaced my broken airbrush with a better model. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @Albus_Scope sounds exciting

I just ordered a 15 inch MacBook Air :blush:
  • Zimba
    Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Pioneering
    Options
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 516 Pioneering
    Options
    A LiPo bag for my wheelchair battery
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,575 Scope online community team
    Options
    Stop making me jelly @66Mustang you fiend.  :D
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @Albus_Scope ha ha I haven't heard the word "jelly" used with that meaning since I was a teenager :smiley: people used to say it all the time

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.