What’s the last thing you bought online? - Page 56 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What’s the last thing you bought online?

Options

Comments

• Luchia
    Luchia Community member Posts: 294 Pioneering
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    @Luchia

Ha ha a bit of an upgrade from a chocolate egg
    Just a bit lol
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,930 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @WelshBlue

My Dad got the go ahead to buy a pressure washer for work so we tested it on my car ... wow washing a car is so much easier, we must have been in the 20th century using a bucket and sponge ... it even came with an attachment with a bottle to pour shampoo in to create foam to spray all over the car. We used concentrated shampoo and it gets through it really quickly so I am guessing you can maybe dilute it or buy something designed for pressure washers, because it's quite wasteful using regular shampoo but we were just testing it out

Overall, very impressed!!!!
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,506 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

A princess musical snow globe for my granddaughter ❤️
  • 66Mustang
    Options
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Bought a new elephant lamp for my living room, looks really good. I'm currently decorating my whole flat and buying little bits here and there (as don't have too much spare money). Once I have done the living room which is coming on nicely now I am going to do bathroom Nautical themed, and then my bedroom space themed.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• 66Mustang
    Options
    That sounds like an awesome plan @rubin16
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,506 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@rubin16
    Sounds a great idea Rubin 😊
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 15,131 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I adore elephants. @rubin16 can you put a pic up. 
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 764 Pioneering
    Options
    @66Mustang ... game changers aren't they  :)

You need a dedicated snow foam ... something like this 

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/car-shampoo/autoglym-polar-blast-snow-foam-2.5l-575784.html

I think the dilution rate is 1 part product to 5 parts water on the Polar Blast ... eg 150ml of snow foam to 750ml of water in the detergent bottle or  a dedicated snow foam lance - more than enough to clean a car twice.  Some of the higher end products are more expensive but have a ratio of 1:10 so equals out.  Stay away from pre-diluted ... false economy and like cats pee   :/

One thing I've learned ... all washers are not universal - fittings for hoses etc.  I was lucky to get parts to adapt mine from AliExpress ... my brother has an adapter araldited on ... what can go wrong when you're playing with 2000 psi lol  I've found him the right part now but he lives 40 miles away so can take his chances until i see him ... 

On topic: I've bought some stone effect spray paint to revamp plastic planters ... looks good on videos, hopefully emulated in real life 

• Ada
    Options
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,774 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We have a TV that has a built in DVD player which has stopped working, so managed to get a replacement stand alone DVD player for less than £30 from amazon.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,089 Scope online community team
    Options
    That's a great lamp @rubin16

Less than £30 sounds like a bargain @woodbine
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ada
    Options
    It’s rent week. Once I’ve paid the £280 on top and bills n foods I would love enough pennies left over for some Lilly bulbs to replace the once that hot trashed last year. But I doubt it. Maybe next time. 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @Ada I'm sad for you :( if I lived nearer I would deliver some garden supplies to you

I hope you're doing OK today along with Mr. Ada and also Betty as well
  • Ada
    Options
    I am now. How lovely to hear from you @66Mustang How are you. Have you had a Easter dinner. x
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @ada I'm glad :) I'm good thanks, yes we had a family dinner which was nice :blush: 

Sorry I haven't been about much for a few days, I have had some things going on, nothing bad, just busy

I hope you've been OK

We are going to take Uncle home now, hopefully we will speak more soon :)
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,439 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,446 Scope online community team
    Options
    I bought a little plastic organiser tray for the fridge to stick my veggies in
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ada
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    @ada I'm glad :) I'm good thanks, yes we had a family dinner which was nice :blush: 

Sorry I haven't been about much for a few days, I have had some things going on, nothing bad, just busy

I hope you've been OK

We are going to take Uncle home now, hopefully we will speak more soon :)
    You are missed 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.