What’s the last thing you bought online? - Page 55 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What’s the last thing you bought online?

Options

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Haha, I keep getting told I think I'm still living in 2004, so me using "Retro" slang would make sense.  :D 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,701 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,571 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Pens a 70 birthday hamper and my flavoured sparkling water of Amazon
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 505 Pioneering
    Options
    Nose & eyes have started, got the Beconase, but had to go online for Opticrom eye drops, as Savers nor the chemist had any. Amazon came up trumps with a non eyewatering price, as nearly a quid off with a voucher. B)
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @JessieJ :(

I was in Boots a few months ago ... I saw a man buying Lemsip, nose spray, paracetamol and cough sweets all in one go. Is it mean that I gave him a wide berth? 
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 740 Pioneering
    edited March 26
    Options
    66Mustang said:

I was in Boots a few months ago ... I saw a man buying Lemsip, nose spray, paracetamol and cough sweets all in one go. Is it mean that I gave him a wide berth? 
    I would too.  Nobody wants Man Flu ... worst thing known to um well, man  B)

I only found out recently by accident how much my wife and daughter rip the mick out of me

Dad's Dying Again is an actual WhatsApp chat they've got.  Not very complimentary either :'(

I've bought a Hyundai pressure washer and a short trigger gun for it.  Absolute game changer for washing the car.  Snow Foam shampoo is so much fun.  Like being in Ibiza again ... 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @WelshBlue I'd be interested to hear how well you find the Snow Foam actually works. I assumed it was just a fun novelty and I was told you need to use it like twice a week, it doesn't work on a heavily dirty car, is that right?
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Tea light candles 
  • JessieJ
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Sorry to hear that @JessieJ :(

Cheers m'dear! 

Well, he got everything covered, but probably best to keep a distance.
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 740 Pioneering
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    @WelshBlue I'd be interested to hear how well you find the Snow Foam actually works. I assumed it was just a fun novelty and I was told you need to use it like twice a week, it doesn't work on a heavily dirty car, is that right?
    Snow Foam will never replace a contact wash ... but it does remove a lot of the road grime before getting a bucket and wash mitt out.  Thus reducing swirls in the paintwork.  Budget foam isn't as good because it doesn't cling as long to eat away at the dirt, but the right foam and you see the dirt dripping off.  A blast with the washer before the foam dries and most dirt is removed.  I like JennyChem ... my brother swears by Chemical Guys 

I use snow foam ... let it sit, rinse off ... snow foam again, agitate it with a wash mitt, rinse off and the car is gleaming.  Giving it a monthly spray of Graphene wax monthly helps ... leaves the paintwork like glass so everything slides off much more easily.  A bit of a pain on wet days ... water just slides off and soaks you when you open the door  :#

As for twice a week ... nah I do mine every 7/10 days and living in the countryside this time of year, tractors, mud on the roads etc the foam does a great job.  Certyainly speeds things up when you hate car washing lol
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 3,470 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Scatter cushions.
  • JessieJ
    Options
    A new pair of crutches
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Several packets of seeds. Hooray! 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Luchia
    Luchia Community member Posts: 278 Pioneering
    Options
    iPad Pro! 
    Although technically I didn’t buy it, was my Easter gift from my partner 
  • JessieJ
    Options
    Waterproof wheelchair control cover, crutch holders & a thankfully cheap, secondhand compact Oreck vacuum.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,457 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Annieanxious
    Annieanxious Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Options
    A Wisdom Panel DNA test for my little dog
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @Luchia

Ha ha a bit of an upgrade from a chocolate egg
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,051 Scope online community team
    Options
    My food shop
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.