What's for tea tonight!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Amazing how much your getting out and about now @Geegeenumber1 go girl make up for lost time 

Are you living in the flay now
  • Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,067 Empowering
    @janer1967 haha yes it's amazing but I'm knackered but it's all good loving driving again and I've even started spotting people I like the look of which I never thought I'd experience again in a lifetime!! But still love my crush wanna slim a bit more before we meet lol
  • janer1967
    @Geegeenumber1 I never thought I would find love again at my age and with my disabilities and a single mum 

But it happened and I've got a great bf who treats me like a queen 

Don't give up it will happen just avoid the site your mum uses lol 
  • Geegeenumber1
    Haha I just hope it happens with my crush but not putting all my eggs in one basket. I'm glad you've met someone wonderful x
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    To night we're having Scotch Egg, salad and a few chips 
  • Geegeenumber1
    We didn't have breakfast went to pub for lunch lol and I chatted a city boy up! I'm so confident these days haha. Had the yummy small plates again spicy meat feast pizza halloumi hot and spicy chicken breaded and chips portions huge will last days and half a half Stella lol

Plus soda water with the fruit of lime and lemon and loadsa ice lol feels bit special when have to drive

Had to extend handing keys in as gotta clean more etc so horta pay extra months rent but not gonna let it spoil my mood 
  • janer1967
    Only me to cook for so just going to have scrambled egg and beans with sausage on toast 
  • SueHeath
    Thats a nice/good meal anyway @janer1967 xx
  • janer1967
    Would prefer your scotch eggs @SueHeath

My mum always used to make her own and we always took them on picnics 
  • SueHeath
    Yep i used to make mine and experiment with the sausage meat/flavours - don't bother now it's just the 2 of us xx
    We could swop @janer1967 ha ha xx
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    Fish Pie, was lovely.
  • Geegeenumber1
    im  thinking of trying to seduce my crush with a home cooked meal for our 'meet' if he comes to mine in the future i was thinking of offering him a meat dish - if he eats meat of lamb tagine - it will be my first time making this dish, gonna buy a tagine got a nice one in argos which can also use for stews and curries anyone had success making this dish....or if hes vegan,...a vegan curry,...again never tried this or eaten one but have tried a few veggie curries i dont think ive eaten any type of curry that wasnt tasy

Is the way to his heart food????

or is it too forward to ask him round in first place!?!?

we are only friends kinda

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,059 Championing
    edited May 2022
    Not hungry so had cheese n crackers and fruit
  • janer1967
    @Geegeenumber1 it can be a bit daunting sharing a meal for first date and a lot 9f pressure on you 

You will be nervous enough without having the stress of cooking a nice meal 

I some people are funny about eating in front of others as well 

Would also recommend meeting somewhere neutral rather than at your flat you could always go back there if it going well for a night cap 
  • Geegeenumber1
    Yeah haha I'm thinking ahead. It's not really a date I wish it was. I've no idea where we will meet to be honest. If it goes well and we meet again later on il invite him over to see the flat haha 

Desperate to start cooking etc and having people over though once the place is done up but not gonna rush

There's all the time in the world 

I don't really have big nerves etc anymore all my big feelings and emotions have gone it's so weird but yeah might feel strange and off-putting for him. He prob will wanna keep it brief ajf to the point I'm guessing he might not even see me romantically at all 
  • Geegeenumber1
    Good advice @Teddybear12 that's what I was thinking then it won't be just about him and me and pressure be off 
  • janer1967
    Indian takeaway tonight either biryani or dopiaza with garlic nan 

Might order both and have half and half and freeze whats left 
  • Geegeenumber1
    We had amazing DIY guy round so treated him and us to pizza hut hut takeaway for lunch had one and half slices hope to get a stone off by end of month for Dr's weigh in
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,059 Championing
    edited May 2022
    Salmon and prawn en croute in white wine, I didn't know it had wine in or prawns, thought was just salmon. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    Had some mince left out so Mince & Dumplings.