Pip first time claim. Could passing on concerns about report to DM make a difference to decision? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip first time claim. Could passing on concerns about report to DM make a difference to decision?

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,200 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Yes you tell them which descriptors you think apply and why. You shouldn’t concentrate wholly on the report because this isn’t going to help your claim. No harm in pointing out some errors but leave it at that, put the report to one side and move on. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • family33
    family33 Community member Posts: 105 Courageous
    Options
    Yes I will do the real life events also Thankyou Poppy 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. Please make sure you fully understand the mobility descriptors and definitely qualify before requesting the MR. You may want to get some further expert advice before doing anything else. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • family33
    Options
  • family33
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @poppy123456 one more question please poppy , I'm a carer for my mum she gets pip and esa, I stay at mums 3 to 4 nights a week and then she comes to my house the rest of the week she canot be left alone ,would this affect my income support premiums?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, not at all, your4 main home isn't at your mum's. Are you the only adult at home? If so then you will be entitled to the Severe Disability Premium in with your Income Support, which can be backdated to the start of your PIP award, if you qualified at that time. No one must claim either Carers Allowance or Carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you. To claim this, ring DWP/Income Support.

• family33
    Options
    @poppy yes I am the main adult and my son is at college and I still get child benefit for him 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then you will be entitled to the SDP of £67.30 extra per week, as well as the disability premium of £35.10 per week. The quickest way to claim the SDP is by ringing them and ask to fill in the IS10 form over the phone.
  • family33
    Options
    Thankyou Poppy you have been a great help 
  • family33
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456 hi poppy pip has paid me from 1st June to 22nd November, when will my next payment be due ? Thanks
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    family33 said:
    Hi @poppy123456 hi poppy pip has paid me from 1st June to 22nd November, when will my next payment be due ? Thanks
    PIP is paid every four weeks. 22nd November plus 4 weeks is 20th December.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • family33
    edited November 2021
    Options
  • family33
    Options
    Does anyone know how long income support are taking with adding premiums please they did say 5 to 10 days ,but I don't know how true that is ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There are no timescales.
  • family33
    Options
  • family33
    Options
    HI @poppy123456
    Hi poppy I recieved 3 premiums ,hope that's right and there's no mistake there, anyway I'm on with my MR I'm sending in a copy of one part of my medical papers from my gp, it states that I am sometimes restricted to exercise, what will sometimes mean in a descriptor for PIP , in otherwords how do pip look at the sometimes.?
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Yes, that's correct. I keep forgetting that the Enhanced disability premium is payable when you're receiving the Disability premium. See link. https://www.gov.uk/disability-premiums/eligibility

• family33
    Options
    Oh good Thankyou Poppy, any suggestions on the "Sometimes"?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sometimes is "occasionally." For PIP it's the majority of the time that counts, so i would say a letter saying occasionally isn't going to be very helpful.
    If any evidence you have doesn't state exactly how your conditions affect you then you need to ask yourself is it worth sending it.
  • family33
    Options
    No I definitely won't send that ,thankyou .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.