Pip first time claim. Could passing on concerns about report to DM make a difference to decision? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip first time claim. Could passing on concerns about report to DM make a difference to decision?

Options

Comments

• family33
    family33 Community member Posts: 105 Courageous
    Options
    @Libby_Scope Thankyou Libby yes I meditate too which helps a great deal and my GP supports me greatly although I find it very difficult to relax but I do my best ,thankyou.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @family33 how are you feeling today?

I'm glad to hear you're getting good support from your GP, and doing your best is all you can ask of yourself, so well done for approaching things positively :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • family33
    Options
  • family33
    Options
    Does anybody know if pip dates are been extended due to covid my neighbours just got a letter saying his has been extended for 12months due to covid ? Thanks
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    family33 said:
    Does anybody know if pip dates are been extended due to covid my neighbours just got a letter saying his has been extended for 12months due to covid ? Thanks
    Hi @family33

Sorry, but I'm unsure about your question but some of our members might be able to help and offer advice where necessary. When you say 'pip dates' have been extended due to covid, what do you mean by this? Do you mean the award time period or dates with regards to applications/appeals etc.

Personally, I would contact the DWP directly and ask the question, as they will be able to advise you further and provide reputable information about your concern. 

I hope that helps and if you have any further questions, please just let us know :)

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • family33
    Options
    Yes award time ,sorry
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    family33 said:
    A lot of awards were extended last year. I wasn't aware that they are still doing it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • family33
    Options
    Must be according to his letter ,however I havent seen it, thankyou 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    May not be same bit my sister in law award due to end this month 

She didn't get review forms till Nov but got a letter stating due to huge backlogs she would continue to be paid until decision was made which could take up to 12 months 
  • disbutveryabled
    disbutveryabled Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    I just posted about this, it's the thread above yours mate
  • family33
    Options
    @Janer1967 yes its similar to what my neighbour said @disbutveryabled it's my thread I think 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,392 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Even though their award has been extended, they should still expect their review forms at the time they should have received them if the award wasn’t extended.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @poppy123456 what I was referring to is the review was due and expected as award was due to end in Dec .

But with the review form which only got sent in Nov there was a letter stating payment would continue after current award ending until new review decision and thar review could take 12 months 
  • pee14
    pee14 Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
    Options
  • family33
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hi does anyone know what status opened means?
    I rang pip to see if my MR has been looked at as it's now been 8 weeks the call handler said the status says opened, and that's all he can tell me ? Also IF It is successful do they backdate payment? And do you normally get paid before letter?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    family33 said:
    Hi does anyone know what status opened means?
    I rang pip to see if my MR has been looked at as it's now been 8 weeks the call handler said the status says opened, and that's all he can tell me ? Also IF It is successful do they backdate payment? And do you normally get paid before letter?
    I think it simply means the MR has been recorded.
    If successful the MR decision replaces the previous decision and any award is backdated.
    Payment is often received prior to letter.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • family33
    Options
  • family33
    Options
    So rang pip today DM not having any of it MR refused, so nothing gained but most importantly nothing lost still got my enhanced daily living which I am most grateful for so I'm not going to have the stress of an appeal.
    Today I recieved conformation that i have copd, so least I know why I am so breathless on exertion, thought it was my asthma,  so just thought I'd update you .thanks for all advice given .
  • family33
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Teddybear12
    Hi yes I'm happy with it , I'm just so relieved I didn't end up with a lower award , yes I'm starting new treatment tomorrow, when it comes to my review then it might change for mobility , I told pip in my claim form that I was awaiting test and sent part of my medical notes that said breathless on Exersion, and asthma?copd I told them I couldn't walk over 200metres without getting breathless, but the assesor said because I can walk that length and do it again that I didn't score, but I never said I could do it again I said I couldn't, so they have gone with the assesors report again on the MR, I don't to appeal ,I couldn't cope with the stress and anziety of it all its too much teddybear12.
  • family33
    Options
    @Teddybear12
    I certainly will.Thankyou

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.