Pip first time claim. Could passing on concerns about report to DM make a difference to decision? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip first time claim. Could passing on concerns about report to DM make a difference to decision?

Options

Comments

• family33
    family33 Community member Posts: 105 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Poppy can I send new support letter in from GP?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,394 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can send any evidence you want to but as previously advised if it doesn't state extactly how your conditions affect you then is it worth sending it, only you can answer that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • family33
    Options
  • family33
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456
    Hi poppy I'm doing my MR I have asked the to look at the mobility part of my claim only ,so will they solely focus on that and not daily living I'm happy with the daily living I don't want to jepredize that part ?
  • family33
    Options
    family33 said:
    Hi @poppy123456
    Hi poppy I'm doing my MR I have asked the to look at the mobility part of my claim only ,so will they solely focus on that and not daily living I'm happy with the daily living I don't want to jepredize that part ?
    I'm going to post it today poppy
  • lili8719
    lili8719 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    family33 said:
    family33 said:
    Hi @poppy123456
    I asked about this elsewhere and they said it isn't without risk but very unlikely they'll remove daily living. I wrote to them and asked them to just look at mobility as I was given enhanced daily living but zero mobility. I clearly told them I was just asking for a MR for mobility.
  • family33
    Options
    @lili8719 yes Iv asked for mobility only ,thankyou. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    family33 said:
    family33 said:
    Hi @poppy123456

Please just get proof of posting, which is free. No need to pay anything extra for "signed for delivery" and good luck! Do come back and let us know the outcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • family33
    Options
    @poppy123456 thankyou Poppy, but how do I get the proof for free posting ?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    family33 said:
    Take the letter to a post officer and hand it in at the counter.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • family33
    Options
    calcotti said:
    family33 said:
    Take the letter to a post officer and hand it in at the counter.
    Thankyou
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,109 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • family33
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @family33 - you just need to ask for a 'Certificate of posting' at your Post Office: https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/475/~/what-is-a-certificate-of-posting?
    Thankyou for this has I havent posted it yet 

• family33
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @poppy123456
    Hi poppy I seem to be clinging on to my MR
    I suffer with very bad anziety mentally and physical, the assesor wrote because I can take my daughter to school and back in a taxi I can follow and plan a journey although I told her how I am through those journeys,  the DM took this into account on making her decision .So in the MR I have explained that I havent got a choice to make those journeys when my son isn't available to do so, I have explained that because my sons school attendance was low because of my anziety I ended up been summoned to court with a fine, if I don't make those journeys my daughter won't have an education and that my children could end up with a mother in prison if they don't attend, I also don't have any neighbours that go to the same school , I don't know if I should go into much detail as I have with the truth or should I keep it short, I just don't know what to put down for the best, I simply don't have a choice but to carry out those journeys and go through the anziety when I do.

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Although I can’t find out I think there is some case law which confirms that because a parent can do something for their child this should’ve not be taken as evidence that they’ve can do it for themselves. The sense of parental duty is effectively a prompt to do something but a person may have no motivations to do the same thing if alone.

You can certainly make that a simple an argument.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • family33
    Options
    @calcotti
    Thankyou calcotti, it is a difficult one , and I think I will argue it I do have till the 23rd so I won't let go of it just yet .Thankyou.
  • family33
    Options
    family33 said:
    @poppy123456
    I suffer with very bad anziety mentally and physical, the assesor wrote because I can take my daughter to school and back in a taxi I can follow and plan a journey although I told her how I am through those journeys,  the DM took this into account on making her decision .So in the MR I have explained that I havent got a choice to make those journeys when my son isn't available to do so, I have explained that because my sons school attendance was low because of my anziety I ended up been summoned to court with a fine, if I don't make those journeys my daughter won't have an education and that my children could end up with a mother in prison if they don't attend, I also don't have any neighbours that go to the same school , I don't know if I should go into much detail as I have with the truth or should I keep it short, I just don't know what to put down for the best, I simply don't have a choice but to carry out those journeys and go through the anziety when I do.

Can I ask your thoughts on this please@poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sorry, not been feeling so good and have spent very little time on the community in the past couple of days.
    I agree with calcotti here, just because you take your daughter to school (which you have no other choice) doesn't mean you can do other things for yourself.
  • family33
    Options
    @poppy123456 thankyou Poppy hope you are feeling better soon 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    family33 said:
    @poppy123456

Hi @family33

I'm sorry to hear that you suffer with anxiety, I know how challenging it can be when it occurs. Are you currently getting support from your GP with regards to your mental health? It can be really helpful to express how you're feeling to others and your GP could potentially act as an outlet for this. 

I also experience anxiety at times and I have a few coping strategies for when I do experience episodes of it. Do you have anything that helps calm you down when you do experience anxiety? For me, I find meditation, deep breathing, and getting in nature really helps :) Here's a few useful resources that you might want to take a look at, with regards to managing your own mental health:

I hope the above helps and let us know if you have any other questions. We are here to support you :)

Libby

Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.