Pip first time claim. Could passing on concerns about report to DM make a difference to decision?

family33
family33 Community member Posts: 105 Contributor
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi ,I had my assessment on the 1st November, recieved report 3rd , rang yesterday still with DM, I told the call handler that I'd read the report and wasn't happy with a few things assesor didn't write and did write, she asked me if I wanted to pass my concerns on to the DM, I am just asking if anyone else has done this? ,and if it could now make a difference to the final decision.any advice please

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    You can do that and the Decision Maker should consider anything you say when making their decision.
  • family33
    Thankyou does this mean I can still do MR if I need to after decision?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,145 Championing
    family33 said:
    Thankyou does this mean I can still do MR if I need to after decision?

Yes.
  • family33
    Thankyou.
  • family33
    Hi does everybody het a message or letter saying we have all the information we need to make a decision? Just wandered because I havent yet 
  • poppy123456
    Yes, it's a standard letter and doesn't mean anything really because after this, it can still take 2-12 weeks.
  • family33
    Thanks poppy
  • lili8719
    lili8719 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    You can write to them, I'm waiting for my report and I'm going to write about anything I disagree with straight away. Just tell them you don't want a MR at this time but what you think they got wrong and they didn't take into account .
  • family33
    @lili8719, Hi I have alread done that over the phone,I'm awaiting the decision letter now 
  • family33
    @lili8719 hi can I ask you what date you had your assesment
  • lili8719
    lili8719 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    family33 said:
    Last Friday I had a f2f assessment and I called for the report Monday but it still hasn't arrived yet.
  • family33
    @lili8719 oh really I didn't know they had started f2f with the pandemic
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,121 Connected
    lili8719 said:
    Last Friday I had a f2f assessment and I called for the report Monday but it still hasn't arrived yet.
    They normally say 5 to 10 working days to receive it, so if you requested it Monday 15th Nov, you could be waiting up until 29th Nov. Then bear in mind postal delays and backlogs in some areas. 
  • poppy123456
    family33 said:
    @lili8719 oh really I didn't know they had started f2f with the pandemic
    Face to face assessments started back quite sometime ago. Though most assessments are still by telephone.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    Hi @family33 thanks for your questions, I'm sure they've been answered but if there's anything you are still not sure about please let us know. I hope your claim is successful, keep us updated :)

@lili8719 let us know how things go for you as well, wishing you all the best for it!
  • family33
    Hi @lili8719 just got a letter today saying we have all the information we need but that was dated last Monday before I put my concerns in ,so I will see @Alex_Scope thankyou.
  • poppy123456
    Yet another pointless letter that DWP insist on sending out. All it causes it a lot more needless stress and anxiety. A decision can still take 2-12 weeks.
  • family33
    @poppy123456
    Oh it does
  • family33
    @poppy123456
    Hi poppy well they ignored my concerns ,but still got enhanced daily living which I am so very much grateful for and over the moon , but still think I should have got standard mobility, so when I do my MR do I ask them to look at the descriptors I think I should have scored? , do i tell them about the assesor not writing what I'd said and her mistakes?thanks 
  • family33
    lili8719 said:
    family33 said:
    Hi have you recieved your report yet?