Pip assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment report

Options
jamieleehill92
jamieleehill92 Community member Posts: 149 Courageous
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi so I've recently got my pip assessment report from DWP I looked online and matched the ticks with the benifits to work pip test I scored 6 on daily living and 4 on mobility. But I'm confused the other boxes on my assesment report are ticked. I've got 3 months ticked for mobility saying how long it likely to have been present for and 9 months ticked for at least 9 months for mobility to likely remain for the same all ticked for daily living activities and then it says it is likely the the functional restriction identified in this report will be present at the recommended point of review that's ticked yes. And then it's ticked to say I don't need a review? I'm confused 

Comments

• jamieleehill92
    Options
    Hi so I've recently got my pip assessment report from DWP I looked online and matched the ticks with the benifits to work pip test I scored 6 on daily living and 4 on mobility. But I'm confused the other boxes on my assesment report are ticked. I've got 3 months ticked for mobility saying how long it likely to have been present for and 9 months ticked for at least 9 months for mobility to likely remain for the same all ticked for daily living activities and then it says it is likely the the functional restriction identified in this report will be present at the recommended point of review that's ticked yes. And then it's ticked to say I don't need a review? I'm confused 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @calcotti hi sorry I'm just needing help :(
  • calcotti
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @calcotti hi sorry I'm just needing help :(
    I realise that - just highlighting duplicate posts so that replies can all be gathered in one place.

I have posted a reply in your other thread.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @calcotti ah I see thank you 
  • calcotti
    Options
    If the Decision maker goes with a score of 6 and 4 you will not be entitled to a PIP award. Once you have a decision you can challenge it if you wish to.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/benefits-introduction/problems-with-benefits-and-tax-credits/challenging-benefit-decisions/
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    Ok thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    The 3 month and 9 month boxes can be ticked even if there’s not enough of points recommended for an award.
    If there’s no award recommended you wouldn’t need a review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 okay thank you. I'll just have to wait for my decision 
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 I also have another question if your online to awnser it?. On my medical assessment report the assessor has put in the description previous report A is there a meaning for that or Is it just meaning like A to B
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Have you had an assessment for PIP before? If so then it could be referring to that assessment report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 yeah I had another assessment in 2021
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Do you currently have an award or were you refused after that assessment?
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 I was refused after that assessment. I scored zero on everything last time but this time my medical statement looks different I have ticks in places I diddnt have before and like I said above I scored on the pip benifits test 6 for daily and 4 for motability but I called DWP today and asked about the point system they said it's just a marker to help the case manager look at what's most effecting me it's not the point system 
  • poppy123456
    Options
     I called DWP today and asked about the point system they said it's just a marker to help the case manager look at what's most effecting me it's not the point system 
    That advice is incorrect. You didn't ring DWP, you rang a call centre, who have very little benefits knowledge.
    The boxes in the report with the dots next to them are the PIP activities and descriptors and this is what the assessor has recommended. Underneath those there's their justification for the reason why they ticked that descriptor.
    The scoring of 6 and 4 points means there's no recommendation of an award. While the decision maker mostly goes with the report they do sometimes go against it but it's rare for them to do this.
    Was there any reason why you didn't challenge the previous decision last year? To constantly reapply using the same evidence you previously used is likely to see constant refusals.
    If this decision is another refusal i'd advise you to get some expert advice from an agency near you to check that it's possible to score enough points needed for an award. If it is then you should challenge that decision by first requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration within 1 month of the date of the decision. If that decision doesn't change then you can proceed with Tribunal.

• jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 sorry I diddnt really explain properly. I did appeal the decision in 2021 but it's got refused by the judge as it was a paper based tribunal so I decided to go to a company called dial to help me and they told me to request a statement of reasons and I have done so. I'm still waiting of that and dial told me to send the statement of reasons to them when I receive it. The reason why I've started a new claim is because I've got new evidence since the previous claim. I've sent the recent assessment to dial and they told me that I've explained everything in detail I just need to wait for a decision 
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Ah ok i see thanks. Yes, a paper based decision at Tribunal stage have a very low success rate of between 5-8%. When taking a decision to Tribunal it's always better to either appear in person or have a telephone hearing and this way the success rate jumps to around 70%.
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you. Also dial told me that. They pretty much said the same. 
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 if I do get awarded will I get backdated from the previous report A (assessment in 2021) or will it be from this year 2022

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.