Pip assessment report - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment report

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,878 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This claim will be from your claim in 2022. However, if your previous claim is eventually awarded at Tribunal then that will only be up until the day before this current claim started. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jamieleehill92
    jamieleehill92 Community member Posts: 149 Courageous
    Options
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 hello again. Thanks again for all the help. I just have another question as I'm very confused. Regarding that previous appeal I have where I got refused and asked for a statement of reasons I've just got an email early hours at 6am saying that pip tribunals has made a decision on your pip appeal. Does that mean the judge has re-decided my see Desicion as I would of thought if it was for my statement of reasons it would say different?
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    Recent** not ree sorry
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I have no idea what that could be for. Have you received the statement of reasons yet?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 no I've not received them yet that's why I'm confused 
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 I'll just have to wait for the decision I guess
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How are you feeling about waiting for the decision at the moment @jamieleehill92? We are listening to you if you would like to share more with us.

Similarly, please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to help. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @L_Volunteer I'm getting alot of anxiaty because I don't know what the result is. With it saying it's a decision I guess it's not my statement of reasons it could just say that I can appeal to the upper tribunal or it could be that my decision has been set aside or refused again I'm not sure. I'm just so confused about it all. If it said we have sent your your statement of reasons I'd be okay but it says "The tribunal have reviewed all the information you and DWP have provided and have reached a decision on your PIP appeal.

The decision notice has been posted to you. This has the tribunal's decision and their reasons. You should receive it by 30 October 2022

Please note we cannot give you your decision over the phone. This is to protect your personal information.

PIP Appeals"
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Impossible to comment without know more details about your case. Did you apply for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal? If you did then a few things can happen after that and they are all mentioned here in this link. https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/appealing-benefits-decisions-beyond-the-first-tier-tribunal/

• jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 no I diddnt ask for permission to appeal as I'm not sure if there was an error in law with my refusal. Basically I applied for pip in 2021 I got refused zero points for all so then I did a mandatory consideration. I also score zero for all that. I then appealed to the upper tribunal with all my evidence (paper based tribunal) and got refused and still scored zero points so I then got in touch with dial and they told me to get a statement of reasons so I requested a statement of reasons form the judge and waited nearly three months for an update and I called the other week and they told me that it's still with the judge and thats when I got a email and text today saying they have made a decision on my pip claim that's all I can tell you because that's all that's happened theres no other details because I've explained it all. I mean it could be the statement of reasons. And I'm just over thinking or it could be some sort of decision that that judge has made herself/himself 
  • poppy123456
    Options
     I then appealed to the upper tribunal with all my evidence (paper based tribunal) and got refused and still scored zero points

Just so that you're aware, after the MR it's First Tier Tribunal, Upper Tribunal comes after that.
    I have no idea what it can be, i'm afraid you will need to wait for the letter.
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 okay I'll keep you updated and let you know what the letter says 
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 if I call tribunal and ask for them to send decision through email is that possible?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, for security reasons they will not be able to do that. 
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 I got my statement of reasons. Just waiting for dial to tell me if there's any error in law and to see if I can appeal to the upper tribunal 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Did you find out what that email was about with regards to the decision?
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @poppy123456 unfortunately not I guess it must off been about my statement of reasons decision 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ah ok, i did think that but couldn't be 100% sure that's why i didn't mention anything.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.