Pip assessment report - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment report

Options
1235»

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lovely news @jamieleehill92 just adding my best wishes :) 

Hang in there @Ollyoyster fingers crossed you'll know more soon!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • jamieleehill92
    jamieleehill92 Community member Posts: 149 Courageous
    Options
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
  • Ollyoyster
    Ollyoyster Community member Posts: 348 Pioneering
    Options
    No I rang up and she read the desion letter,, no awad, so I'm watin for letter and then do an Mr 😏,,, 
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @Ollyoyster oh dear, hopefully the MR goes well for you. Best of luck 
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    @jamieleehill92 thank you 😉,,, had exactly same points as you,, you are lucky 😁🍀,,, 
  • jamieleehill92
    Options
    @Ollyoyster yeah that's what I don't understand. I don't think they just go by the points I think they look at the medical report aswell. But I havent received my actual award letter yet so I'm not sure on what they scored me tbh
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,874 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ollyoyster yeah that's what I don't understand. I don't think they just go by the points I think they look at the medical report aswell. But I havent received my actual award letter yet so I'm not sure on what they scored me tbh

They are supposed to look at everything you sent, as well as the PIP2 form and the assessment report before making a decision. However, they do mostly go with the report, if they go against it, it's rare.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    I sent x rays and list of medication, do u think I should get a letter off doctor to support Mr? 
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    Ie if the doctor would confirm in writing that there is no way once my knee buckles I can physically walk more than 20 metres?   It takes a day to get over a buckle,  hyper mobility with stage 4 osteoarthritis, so when my knee buckled the wrong way the bone rubs bone and the pain is off the scale 😩 too young for new knee apparently 😣,, can't afford private. , thanks for advice, this site really helps 🤗
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I sent x rays and list of medication, do u think I should get a letter off doctor to support Mr? 
    GP letters are usually not useful, they don’t see how you cook or how you manage getting into the bath etc. They are also likely to charge you for them. They will give you a copy of your Summary Care Record if you request it.

Remember however PIP is about the difficulties you have, not what you have been diagnosed with.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options

X rays and letters from a doctor aren't the best evidence to send. A doctor doesn't spend any time with you to know exactly how your conditions affect you. They don't see you wash/dress/undress/walking etc etc.
    Xrays don't tell them anything about your conditions either.
    What will help is a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descirptor that applies to you.
    Include detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half an A4 side of paper per descriptor that applies to you.
    Some also find it useful to send letters from people that know you well and know how your conditions affect you. I've never personally done this myself, as i usually stick with those real world examples.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    Yes good points,  tbf doc is really really good,  but I take your points.  I was awarded 2 for food 2 for bathing, but as advised by yourself bed does not count for dressing,, but my argument is b4 I was bad I never used a bed or stool to get dressed, now I have to, as I tried to explain if I were on one foot putting pants on and my knee were to buckle, I would fall on my face!!  Not safe,, so I'm stuck in a rock and hard place. I have bendy days as I call them about 4 to 5 times a week, once it go's backwards after the pain subsides it then swells and I walk like I'm set in concrete. I had 3 kids no pain relief, and I know I have high pain threshold, but believe me when the bone rubs bone the pain is off the scale,, it's hard trying to explain. I get really fed up, I don't and can't do things I used to, with kids, example couldn't go firework display last night because it involved too much walking,, I just feel guilty on my kids,  sorry for waffling,, I appreciate there are others a lot worse than me,, sorry for waffle x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds really positive that doc is really really good @Ollyoyster. Though, it sounds really difficult for you that you feel stuck in a rock and hard place.

Would anything, in particular, help things to feel more manageable for you at the moment? Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can do anything to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Welshlad90
    Welshlad90 Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    Options
    So I've had my assessor report and she is recommended pip continues as standard daily and mobility and next review 5 years time. Firstly how likely is it the DM will agree with assessor? 

Secondly 2 things she put on the social and occupational history don't match to the boxes she has ticked for the descriptors in those categorys as in I should receive more points for 2 of the categorys. Can I challenge this if there is 2 different versions of events that she has put in the occupational history to what boxes she has actually ticked?

Can anyone please help and advise 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Mostly they go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it.

The social and occupational history do not always match the chosen descriptor because that is related to what you said and what was written in the form. 

You need to look at the justification for why that descriptor was chosen, which you can find underneath each activity. The justification will be their opinion based on everything you wrote in the form, what you said during the assessment and any additional information you sent. 

You will need to wait for the decision before you can request the MR. However, whether it’s possible to score more points needed for any award will totally depend on how your conditions affect you. 
  • Welshlad90
    Welshlad90 Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    Options
    Mostly they go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it.

The social and occupational history do not always match the chosen descriptor because that is related to what you said and what was written in the form. 

You need to look at the justification for why that descriptor was chosen, which you can find underneath each activity. The justification will be their opinion based on everything you wrote in the form, what you said during the assessment and any additional information you sent. 

You will need to wait for the decision before you can request the MR. However, whether it’s possible to score more points needed for any award will totally depend on how your conditions affect you. 
    Thanks poppy for your reply, so with regards to if I feel the points ticked to what the assessor said in the occupational history was different is it worth appealing? Or am I then at risk of them changing the decision for the worse?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I can't advise if it's worth because I don't know anything about your health conditions or how they affect you. It will only be worth you appealing if it's possible to score more points for a higher award and not everyone can score more points. 

If they go with the report and you request the MR the most likely outcome will be the decision remains the same. There's more chance at Tribunal stage. 

You really should get some expert advice once you receive the decision to check it's possible to score more points needed for a higher award. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.