Emailed my mp — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Emailed my mp

gillian72
gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
hello hope everyone's good?  I decided to contact my mp last night re esa support group vs uc lcw about the difference in Benifit amount, I'm nervous now she just ask for my phone number to dissus this further omg this is the 1st time in yrs I've stuck up for myself I've got butterflies lol my  anxiety levels have gone through the roof  I say powerrrrr to us in legecy esa support group losing out, ok that just made me feel good saying that lol but still nervous ok il keep u updated lol don't even know when she's gonna ring lol ???

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,622 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@gillian72 Good luck with your phone call i hope it goes well, let’s no how it goes as I’m also in the support group ESA 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    also good luck @gillian72, would suggest you write down the points you want to get across to your MP
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• gillian72
    @Lou67 @April2018mom @woodbine, thankyou for ur messages? I haven't had phone call from her yet I only replied to her email last night asking for contact num to speak about this further so I think hopefully some time today ? I did mention to her that I'm on scope and there are many others on here in the same boat , I will let u know when I hear owt ???
  • Lou67
    @gillian72 Hi Gillian good on you for getting intouch with your MP Iv sd a few time I was going to do it and never plucked up courage to do it, so well done for doing it ?
  • gillian72
    @woodbine, I haven't wrote owt down lol, didn't think there is any points to ask her apart from over £140pm difference on uc then we get on legacy esa sg, I'm thick as s,,,t woodbine so any advice as to what I need to write down  I'd be very grateful 4 xx?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @gillian72. Just a little note; the support group equivalent on Universal Credit is LCWRA (LCW is for those that were on WRAG). Good luck with your call and let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • gillian72
    @Lou67 thankyou Lou, ?   I wouldn't have known any better if I wasn't on here , an I think the fact that my daughter sat down an told me I would be better of if she wasn't living here , I don't  put on my daughter for to much help but the fact she is here makes me feel safer plus what have we got to lose? plus the fact I should claim uc to be better off why should we , we get medical assessment on the fact we can't  work xx??
  • Lou67
    Hi@gillian72  Oh it’s awful your worse off coz your daughter stays with you, but I feel there’s always a catch to take something off you for one reason or another. So unfair ?‍♀️
  • gillian72
    @Adrian_Scope, oh s..t  I couldn't remember the last 2 letters on it when I emailed her so thankyou Adrian and thanks for message  il write that as my 1st point an my mistake on it ??

• gillian72
    @Lou67 true, I've just managed to keep the wolfs from my door on what I get good job I like eating cereals lol  but I must admit I haven't paid my £55pm council tax while being lockdown  so I'm starting to panic waiting for the white envelope to drop on my mat I have to count to ten 1st just to open my letters lol ??
  • Lou67
    Hi@gillian72 Oh I no it’s so stressful, I had been getting standard DL pip for a cpl year it ended in February when I tried to renew it I was 2 points away from getting it back, they gave me 10 points for mobility so got the standard rate I was 2 points away from getting enhanced which is 4 times wat I’m getting so Iv got my MR in at the moment to see if they’ll change it but more than likely it will be the long rd to appeal. Oh sorry for the rant lol ? 
  • gillian72
    @Lou67 I'm pretty sure u will get them extra points np ? I tried claiming dla an got turnnt down  then tried pip got turned down waited 2yrs for appeal tribunal an I didn't go, I'm still trying to understand why I didn't go I sunk rather in to depression till last yr when I finally told my dr I've still got a long way to go but  I've give it one last go claim pip but I'm jinxed lol only I could put a claim in then end up with a pandemic lol but at least I can tell myself I tried ??
  • Lou67
    Hi@gillian72 Oh that’s such bad luck, but stick with it and hopefully you’ll get it this time, you seem a lovely person and I hope you get what your due and deserve ? 
  • gillian72
    @Lou67 orrr thankyou Lou  same back at u xx ? I've give myself  4 tasks  1..try pip / 2,,get my own mobility independence/.  3,,,get out. Of  this house an get a flat /. 4  2be a around to  be a nana  ??
  • Lou67
    @gillian72 Aw thanks ? I was due to move into a flat that’s better for me just as we went into lockdown obviously couldn’t get moving, I’m hoping can get in in the next 2 weeks, I v got grandkids and theyr great so funny lol and good company, I’m waiting on 2 knee replacements and put on at least 3 stone with not getting out and about much, I can’t believe this has happened at my age, could be worse I suppose oh sorry another rant ??
  • gillian72
    @Lou67im so sorry to hear ur waiting  for 2 knee replacements hope u don't have to wait to long  but I'm sure it's gonna make such a difference to ur mobility your gonna be a new women ? And I get you about putting on weight I'm in the same boat as u  with this one I'm sure it will drop of u after ur op il be a sexy new woman  don't. worry about ranting it's good. to. let it  out  anytime u need to I'm here ??
  • Lou67
    Hi@gillian72 Lol thanks so much that’s appreciated and vice versa I’m always here (nowhere else to go) ??
  • gillian72
    Ok update I missed my phone call it took me about an hour to count to ten every ten seconds for that hour lol an she was of to appointment so she said she will call me in morning an I promise to answer phone straight away il make sure I carry on for the sg gang  I will give sky news a story to get into if I have too lol yeahhhhhhhh I'm on it  till we get. answers and the difference in equal amounts  lol il be making a banner an showing it off in trefalger square if I could lol????? 
  • Lou67
    Hi@gillian72  sorry to hear you missed your call, hopefully you’ll manage to answer today ?

Brightness