Pip telephone consultation times - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip telephone consultation times

Options

Comments

• avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Options
    That’s a shame about the benefit apply, how does the old esa and new style esa work?

I will let you know about how my hearing went.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not familiar with those benefits, but I'm sure @Adrian_Scope will be happy to explain.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    That’s ok Ami, 

who is Adrian? And will he get in contact with me on here? 

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,141 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @avakarlsson Hi Ava what a lovely morning, just want to wish you well with your upcoming appeal enjoy rest of your day ?
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Hi Lou, yes it is a lovely day already warm too, yes hopefully my appeal will go ok which I am sure it will do, not too long for it now, hopefully I will get a good outcome with the results from the appeal and they tell me on the day 
  • Lou67
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you Ava yeah be great if they tell you on the day as the wait is a killer. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Adrian is the senior community Officer, he has very good knowledge on benefits and will reply on here. He is lovely.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Thank you Lou

When I got in contact on the live chat for HMRCT I asked do you find out on the day what happens? And they said the judge either tells you on the day which is likely, or they will send me an email as I asked for email first as well as sending it to me in the post so with email I will have it instant. And if the judge doesn’t tell you on the day, within 2 weeks you will receive your results. 

As I want a copy to have at my home so I have got a record, and email first so I can see it instant and what there reply would be 

Hopefully after I have had the appeal hearing/during the appointment the judge will tell me the outcome

do you know of any other benefits etc I can get?  
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Thank you Ami for telling me there is an senior community officer that deals with benefits etc, I shall wait for him to reply on here as you mentioned.
  • Lou67
    Options
    Oh I’m sorry I’m not sure at all, but hopefully if you win your appeal you’ll be entitled to more money, but as Ami sd Adrian will answer and help you once he sees this. I did an appeal in 2018 but obviously that was in person and I got told 10 minutes after the hearing, my pip DL stopped in February after my f2f I got word back I only got 6 points for DL and 10 for mobility so I’m receiving standard mobility, I’m currently waiting on word from my MR but probably be the long rd to appeal. 
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Oh I see, yes I shall wait for Adrian to come on and advise me about the benefits etc, I am on daily living pip, I don’t get the pip mobility as I only scored 4 points on it and for the daily living I got 8 points, I did appeal for it that’s why I have got it, and I am on universal credit, I did that in November 19 but I was getting paid from work so it was £0.00 every month so in March I received a small payment and also in April and May, on the 5th June I will get payment. 
  • Lou67
    Options
    I’m thinking that should go up surely now as your no longer getting paid from work as that would have been calculated along with your wages, but I’m no expert but it sounds logical?
  • daisy80
    daisy80 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    @daisy80 I don’t mean to sound rude but they wouldn’t ask you about work at all. as you can ‘legally’ work as many hours as you want and still get PIP. It’s not means tested. doesn’t go off your wage ect ect. I work part time and get what I should get so I’m happy. ? the only time it would affect it is if your getting points for saying mixing with others “ and are working in a busy retail job where you wouldn’t be entitled to them points ect ect. also just to add, on the PIP website and CIB you don’t even have to declare to DWP you are even working. and you won’t get a penalty for it as your not under no legal obligation to inform them. ?
    Hi Helen, I know work doesn't effect it but she did ask me about it for background info. I was surprised to that she asked but I guess there are things connected to it like how I get there etc. I've had my decision now so that's good news. 
  • positivitygoing1
    positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
    Hi all , 
    I had mine on Friday and mine lasted an hour and 25 mins , i used call recorder on my phone for a just in case (as I'm sure most of you have had the reports with lies) ,

Before the call I was hoping it would be quick like half an hour at the most , but she explained to me to give her time to type what I was telling her , 

It was all the normal questions and I made sure to list each descriptor and the problems I had the night before but I ended up not needing it ,

I listened to what she said at the end on the recording i done and she said "I have all I need plus as well we already have information from your current PIP (my telephone assessment was a review) ,
    And she said "I can't see the DWP writing to your GP so I'll send this off now and they should have it all done in a week , I've written you a really good report , if your circumstances  do change obviously your not going to have the surgery you need in the next 8 months to a year but if by miracle you do and you feel better just let them know , I wish you all the best take care" 

She was lovelly lady but there is still a part of me that will think it might get refused , 

Honestly to all those who are worrying about it if it's coming up with you , you will find it a lot easier than a f2f , just make sure to include everything you feel during the day x
  • positivitygoing1
    positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
    I was asked "when did you last work" which I was shocked about because I've never ever been asked that before 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    If anyone thinks I should ring DWP then please say 

• katho31
    Options
    hi, yes i would ring them again, i tried last week twice but no luck, just ringing out. hope you mamage to get what you need  :)
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Hi yes I managed to speak to DWP got through and told them I have been dismissed due to ill health grounds and I will get payments, now just waiting for the 11th as I have got my telephone appeal hearing for my work Capability 
  • katho31
    Options
    best of  luck and keep all your bullet points with you, stress that it is the impact on your ability to live an independent life and it is the needs/difficulties you have  :)
  • Brumboy68
    Brumboy68 Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    Options
    How difficult is it to get hold of anyone on the pip phone line....

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.