Pip telephone consultation times - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip telephone consultation times

Options

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    hi @Lou67, yes was having a look at messages youve answered, very kind person you are, im the same and just want to help people when we think we can  :) it doesnt cost anything to be kind :) im nervous but my husband has read over everything with me and hoping it goes in my favour. im taking deep breaths and have a heated neck/back masssager that i got off amazon a couple of years ago, it is amazing and is just like having a professional massage, it only cost £42.00 and considering i was paying £30+ for a salon massage, its really saved money and i wouldnt be without it :)
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @katho31 Aw that’s a lovely thing to say, Iv found it to with you and everyone on here so thankyou, oh neck messager sounds great, might treat myself to one, Iv made arrangements for a van and 2 men to do my removels for me so be moving next Tuesday , I’m feeling a bit anxious about it but be much better for me once I’m in and settled, al be saying a wee prayer for you for Friday.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hope it went okay @snoopy1! :)
    Scope

• katho31
    Options
    thank you so much @Lou67, yes please try to buy one, i wouldnt be without it, you have all been so caring and helpful, keeping me positive when i felt i couldnt carry on and genuine concern and empathy :), im very pleased youve got the removals sorted and ready to move, i think and hope you will be so much more comfortable and happy in your new home :), ill be saying lots of prayers for you too, and that you settle in quickly,  ps. we are finally having fish and chips tonight for tea with mushy peas!!   :smiley:
  • Lou67
    Options
    @katho31 Lol oh nice one I’m sure you’ll enjoy, and thanks again for all your kind words, I just feel it’s a nice relief having genuine people on here to talk to sometimes I feel it easier to talk to yous than some of my own family ?‍♀️
  • katho31
    Options
    same here @Lou67, also family can be sometimes unhelpful {especially if you cant always get your point across/ or your experiencing extreme pain/anxiety/low mood} and the worst saying for me is "pull yourself together/get a grip!!" arghhhh  :(
  • Lou67
    Options
    @katho31 Oh I no nothing worse, and I keep getting told you need to push yourself to get out and do more, when it’s the last thing I want to do, if I do go out I’m in so much pain with my knees I’m done in by time I get back, I would love nothing better to be fit and mentally healthy, but there’s worse off than me so I need to remember that. 
  • katho31
    Options
    Lou67 said:
    @katho31 Oh I no nothing worse, and I keep getting told you need to push yourself to get out and do more, when it’s the last thing I want to do, if I do go out I’m in so much pain with my knees I’m done in by time I get back, I would love nothing better to be fit and mentally healthy, but there’s worse off than me so I need to remember that. 
    yes @Lou67, totally agree  :) we have to be grateful for what we have got, lots of people suffering greatly too, i thank god for my ability to read a book and type posts :)
  • snoopy1
    snoopy1 Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
    Options
    Wasn’t too bad, the lady seemed to understand and seemed sympathetic about my many illnesses. As everyone, just need to sit and be patient!
    Anyone else going to have the telephone conversation,just be honest, and don’t forget you can ask questions too. Good luck.
  • Lou67
    Options
    @snoopy1 Oh I’m glad it went ok for you, hope you get a good outcome pls keep us informed.
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Options
    I’m glad it went ok for you snoopy, hopefully you will here next week or the week after and have good news, 
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    I’m glad it went ok for you snoopy, hopefully you will here next week or the week after and have good news, 
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    I have got my universal credit work Capability appeal hearing tomorrow, has anyone had one of those before? 

I just want to know what it is like and what questions you get asked, hope I get the extra payment and be on a group
  • snoopy1
    snoopy1 Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow 
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Thank you Snoopy, have you had a work Capability appeal hearing before  
  • Lou67
    Options
    @avakarlsson. Hi Ava sorry Iv never been on UC, good luck for tomorrow try to take your time before you answer questions, and maybe be good to have some points wrote down. 
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Thank you Lou, that’s ok I was only asking if anyone has done it before so I know what it will be like etc, yes I will have my notepad with me so I can jot things down.

• Lou67
    Options
    Hopefully someone that has had one will be able to give you a bit of advice, fingers crossed for you, let’s no how you get on tomorrow. 
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Hopefully, thank you yes I will update on here to say how it went and what the outcome is, I am hoping the judge will tell me tomorrow his answer 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @snoopy1 - Very pleased to read your phone assessment went well. @katho31 - will be thinking about you Friday pm. Hope yours goes as well as snoopy's. We're all rooting for you too. :)
    Good luck @avakarlsson ! :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.