Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Pip telephone consultation times

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do I mention in the booklet that this is a change of circumstance my condition?

I have filled most of the booklet out already so I will send it off probably Tuesday 

No, they will already know.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Options
    What else shall I fill in the book or say? As for the moving around I ticked the 1st box as I can only walk for about 3-4 mins then I have to stop and rest due to how chronic my pay is.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I have no idea what you should state because i don't know how your conditions affect you. You need to put as much information as possible. Use extra sheets of paper if you need to because there's never enough of room in the form. Also add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Oh I see, I shall just add some extra pieces of paper and explain on there and see what has happened since when doing my last activity to the activity now and what’s happens now  
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    My condition affects me big time as I’m in chronic pain , anxiety and feeling sad as my posture won’t get any better and I will have to do physiotherapy for the rest of my life 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Although i must admit i've never heard of anyone having to do physio for the rest of their life.
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    As of my condition that’s Why I have to do it to get my posture straight otherwise I could go back to how I am now, I am hoping the physio excersizes work I know it takes a while to some small difference I haven’t seen yet but hope I will that’s why I have to do physio otherwise I will be how I am now and it’s no fun and chronic pain I am in just awful 
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    As my muscles near my hip are really tight
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,137 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Options
    As someone who can see both sides of things, i.e. I'm a physio, & I also have a genetic disorder which has worsened through time, & I have chronic pain, I would undoubtedly be worse if I didn't exercise daily. It's always important to have a correct posture, & whist hoping your physio exercises help, these are taught to maintain how you are.
    So, a continuing need to do such exercises, doesn't mean you will actually need to see a physio 'for the rest of your life,' rather perhaps continue with these exercises.
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I haven’t been on here for a couple of weeks my pain has been chronic and unbearable and still is now, 

The physiotherapist told me that I will be like this forever with my pain and bad posture and doing physio all the time now 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear that your pain has been chronic and unbearable for so long, and that the physiotherapist told you you'll be like this forever @avakarlsson. Are there any avenues you haven't explored yet, or could you maybe get a second opinion? 

You might also like to have a look at some of the threads on the Dealing with Chronic Pain category on the community if you haven't already.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • snoopy1
    snoopy1 Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
    Options
    Hi everyone 
    At long last I got my M R
    only taken 25 weeks
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news @snoopy1! I'm sorry it took so long. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really glad it worked out in the end @snoopy1
    Scope

• ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 168 Pioneering
    Options
    sent my claim back 7wks ago and have telephone assessment wed 16th 8am. 
  • snoopy1
    snoopy1 Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
    Options
  • ernie2009
    Options
    snoopy1 said:
    Good luck
    snoopy1 said:
    Good luck
    snoopy1 said:
    Good luck
    many thanks snoopy1
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Please do let us know how you get on @ernie2009! :)
    Scope

• ernie2009
    Options
    Please do let us know how you get on @ernie2009! :)
    hi chloe, yes of course ill update after the call on wednesday. cant belive i get a letter about 10 days ago then a text on wednesday and then another letter today all telling me the same thing. cant wait to get it over and done with even though it was my own fault bringing it on myself.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's normal for them to send reminders about assessments. Good luck next week.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.