Room 101!!! - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Room 101!!!

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Receding hairline in your 20s...  :s
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh, and summer... 

Honestly, what do people like about this!?  Hot, sweaty, headaches, nosebleeds, bugs, pollen, having to peel myself off of any chair!  And don't get me started on hot, humid sleepless nights...  Hurry up Autumn!  :#
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @OverlyAnxious totally agree about summer, as far as I’m concerned anything over twenty five C is inclement weather. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• catt_t
    catt_t Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Oh, and summer... 

Honestly, what do people like about this!?  Hot, sweaty, headaches, nosebleeds, bugs, pollen, having to peel myself off of any chair!  And don't get me started on hot, humid sleepless nights...  Hurry up Autumn!  :#

Thank goodness!
    I thought I was the only person who didn't look forward to summer. I love autumn, the colours, the smells, the wind, oh I really miss walking in the wind ... keep your smelly summer with sunburn, sweaty smells, I'm team autumn all the way!!
  • RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    @66Mustang

Drivers who drive down the street in the middle of the night with their car stereo at full volume.

People who stand in the street and talk in the middle of the night. 

People who decide to burn rubbish on a sunny day.

Noisy neighbours.

People who double park.

People who park across the pavement.

• SussexAndy
    SussexAndy Community member Posts: 15 Courageous
    Dating Sites.       Most of them are scams and do not cater for disabled people

Cults.                  Not just religious but cults in every sense.  People who influence others for personal gain.

Corporations      Just evil, never play by the rules and creates hell for anyone who challenges them 

Conservatives    99% of them should be locked up for acts against humanity and acting like corporations 

• leeCal
    Really narrow bicycle seats
    combs which make your hair go static 
    having to shave (once a day hooooowwwwll!) ? ? 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• RAwarrior
    I know I have posted this before but people who are not disabled parking in disabled spaces especially the ones that say they didn’t realise it was a disabled space!

People who cannot get a space in the family spaces at the supermarket so park in the disabled spaces.

Supermarkets who put the disabled spaces further away than the family spaces. 

People who park in disabled spaces who are not disabled when there are hardly any disabled spaces in the first place.

People who park too close so I can’t get into the car.

People who don’t believe that someone is disabled. 

People who park in disabled spaces when there are lots of other parking spaces available. An able bodied security guard at work used to regularly park in the disabled spaces out of spite when there were plenty of spaces. 

Supermarkets who nor enforce parking restrictions in relation to disabled parking spaces.

Customers in supermarkets who don’t join the correct trolley by joining the larger trolley to the smaller ones thereby tangling them so I can’t access them. 

Supermarket staff removing all the small trolleys and putting them at the entrance.

Supermarkets putting the trolleys far away from the disabled parking spaces.

People that say to move on or pull yourself together.

People who ask how you are only because they are being nosey and want to spread gossip.

Office politics, malicious gossip and cliques.

• RAwarrior
    People who say they know how I feel.

Being excluded, being left out or treated as an afterthought especially at work.

People who tell me a relative has a bad knee when they ask me about Rheumatoid Arthritis especially after I have explained what Rheumatoid Arthritis is.

People who tell me not to take my prescribed medication and to follow an alternative medicine regime and I will be cured in three months.

A work colleague saying I deserved to get RA because I didn’t eat properly and this ties in with the alternative medicine regime.

People telling Turmeric will cure me.

Anything to do with Blue Badge misuse.

• Bumbles
    Bumbles Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    People who start a conversation by saying SO.
    people who don’t know me but tell me there is nothing wrong with me and to stop using a disabled parking space.
    People who think it funny play their music and sing out loud at 3am down our road.
  • Butler356
    Butler356 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    DISABILITY BADGES DISPLAYED ON EMPLOYEES STRAP LINES - when they do not adhere to them!!!
  • Butler356
    Butler356 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    DISABILITY CONFIDENT BADGES I MEAN, 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Whenever you settle down with your Sunday roast, get stuck in, you pull up the TV guide hoping there's a decent film on, and then there's absolutely nothing and it's back to watching the news again :D 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • leeCal
    Or @Ross_Scope you find that it’s a re run of an old film. Whenever I see the Titanic is on I get that sinking feeling.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• RAwarrior
    @Butler356
    An excellent comment about the Disability Confidence badges. 

It also applies when employers talk about equality for disabled staff when in practice it is meaningless especially when disabled staff are bullied, have no support and the bullying is allowed to continue. I just switch off when my employer starts talking about equality for disabled staff because it means nothing in reality.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    People who assume people with sports cars are trying to show off or compensate for something...

No, almost everyone I know with a sports car have it because they enjoy it. They are not trying to show off and most couldn’t give a damn what other people think, so stop being big headed and thinking they care about what you think!

Just because you can’t afford a sports car (neither can I but I am happy for those who do have one) don’t attack others who do have one!
  • leeCal
    @66Mustang I used to have a nice little triumph spitfire years ago and as you say I didn’t buy it to show off, just to enjoy it, which I did immensely. I have a fond memory of driving down to Cornwall with a friend with the top off and the sun and cool wind in my face...beautiful 

which reminds me into room 101 with greenfly.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    @leeCal yes definitely, all the time. It's either Titanic, Home Alone or Back to the Future every single weekend.

Also I'm a big fan of puns and I laughed so much at the one you just made there :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 144 Pioneering
    People who block driveways as their so ignorant.
    Adverts on TV as there so idiotic!
    People with mouths as big as the Mersey tunnels.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree with blocking driveways because the blockee is supposed to call the council or non-emergency police number to report that they have been blocked in. The services can take over 24 hours to respond. If the blockee tries to move or touch the blocker’s car they can be punished for criminal damage.

Basically it is OK to block someone in and stop them getting to work or hospital and the law is there to protect people who block drives.

Brightness