Hi, my name is Vickymay87! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Vickymay87!

Vickymay87
Vickymay87 Community member Posts: 60 Connected
Hi everyone. My names Vicky. I’m new on here. I hope everyone is ok ?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Vickymay87 I'm not too bad thanks, how are you? Are you having a good weekend? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Vickymay87
    Hey ? I’m not to bad thanks. I have a neurological disability and at times I feel alone. Came across scope and I think it will help ? have a good day 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I have 2 neurological conditions, among other conditions too. We can all relate to feeling lonely, but we are a friendly bunch and someone will always be about if you want a chat :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Vickymay87
    Awww that is lovely. Yeah I was reading some discussions. You all do seem a friendly bunch. It’s great ?? 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @vickymay87 and welcome to our online community :)

I'm glad you found us, it's lovely to have you here.  You might find our Neurological Conditions discussion board interesting to see what other people with similar conditions have been talking about.

Also, our Coffee Lounge is a nice relaxing space to join in with general chit chat and play games.

I'll be about most of today so if you need me give me a shout! Do you have anything nice planned for today?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Vickymay87
    hi it’s great to chat. I’ve looked through the neurological disorder discussion and I came across my disability which is great ?? I have got Hereditary Spastic Parapelgia and I have added a comment to the discussion. 

I’m having a day in bed, I’ve not been to well lately. I had suspected coronavirus in April and since I’ve got no energy. I’m having tests to see if I have got CFS/ME.

hope you have a good day ?

• Cher_Alumni
    Ah, it's good to find others with the same impairment.  I haven't heard of Hereditary Spastic Parapelgia before, I'll make sure to inform myself about it!

Oh heck, I'm sorry you aren't feeling too good.  I have heard that it can take some people a long time to recover from corona-virus.  I have my fingers crossed for your test results.  

Enjoy your bed!! I love a day in bed watching movies  :) It's good to do what our body is telling us to do too, so make sure to relax.  

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Vickymay87
    It sure is ? yeah it’s quite a rare condition to be honest. Me and my sister have got it and we’ve never met anyone else with it. We still don’t know what gene is involved but eyho. 

Thanks I’m going to have a good old rest. Hopefully I will have the answers soon ??

Yeah apparently there are a lot of stories about this post fatigue syndrome that can affect people months after having coronavirus ?

what are your plans for today? 
  • Cher_Alumni
    It's always good to be medically unique  :) Let me know about the test outcome!

I'll be on the forum until around 6pm and then I could do with getting a bit of fresh air so I might go for a little potter around the local park.  I'm off tomorrow but need to spend that finishing my uni work - the joy  :D

• Vickymay87
    A little walk around the park sounds nice. I’ve just brought a couple of rats ? they are chilling with me on the bed. Hope your studying goes well 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Aww what are they called?  Thank you  :)

• Vickymay87
  • Vickymay87

They are called Pinky and the Brain (bra) for short 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Vickymay87

Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

Yes I have also got a number of “Neurological Problems”

Please please come back to me if there’s anything that I can help you with???

@steve51
  • Vickymay87
    It’s great to meet you too. I’m glad to join to have chats with you and everyone else. 

I won’t get  so lonely now ??

• Cher_Alumni
    edited August 2020
    @Vickymay87  Squeal!! Pinky and the bra are so cute!! Look at their little faces  :)

I've never had rats before.  I used to have a hamster called Greg who was amazing and always running around in his ball  :D

Yep, no need to be lonely!! We are always here for a natter. 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi & welcome from me too @Vickymay87 - It's good to meet you & your new pets! I hope your batteries feel a little charged after a day resting; it must be awful feeling so fatigued.
    As you see, there's always someone here to chat with in this friendly & supportive community, & do try the 'Coffee lounge.' I hope you enjoy being here. :)
  • Vickymay87
    They are so affectionate it’s unreal. I had pet hamsters too when I was younger 

yep I will always be here to have a natter too 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Vickymay87

Yes you won’t be lonely anymore ?

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Vickymay87 Welcome to the community from me too, glad you have joined us and look forward to seeing you around.

I dont like rats myself its the tail that puts me off but have had hamsters before

I have physical disabilities and sight loss I am usually around most afternoons on here

Brightness