My goal today - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @Globster that’s great, fingers crossed ? you do well.
    ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad everyones keeping motivated, well done! and well done to @leeCal for finishing the patio, enjoy the meal @66Mustang, and well done @Globster, wishing you the best of luck, as for me well i'm still moving my star wars collection into my sons old room, spent all day yesterday doing it, my daughter and Wife helped me so it was good, today i'm sorting out figures into my cabinets, slow going but i'll get there, hope everyone has a productive day
  • leeCal
    edited September 2020
    @Grinchy thank you. That reminds me of the old saying about the journey being more important than the destination. I must say I enjoyed the physical exercise last week in making the patio, now it’s finished it’s good but the journey was enjoyable too.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    I hope your dinner went well @66Mustang.

Ive yet to have mine but I did have a bacon sandwich so all is well ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    I set my goal today of writing a new poem 
    Which I will happily share with the community a few moments as I add the last line in the poem 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @Oscarb
    I think your song was truly inspiring 
    I appreciate you what mind share which me how you create you create your songs. 
    I also love writing my own music and lyrics 
    What also like what name of your youtube channels I would love to subscribe your channel   

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    Well i finished the room for now, i'll add pics now to the star wars man cave thread, still need to add some shelves but that'll do tomorrow
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    I hope your dinner went well @66Mustang.

Ive yet to have mine but I did have a bacon sandwich so all is well ?
    I just got back from the restaurant, it went well :) Thanks for thinking of me :)

Bacon sandwiches are nice I agree ;)
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Today my goal was to do some digging and planting, knackered now, but pleased with my efforts.

Earlier in the year I bought 50 phlox plug plants, which are now ready to be planted...not sure I'M ready to plant them though! 
    I think maybe 10 at a time...lol
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    How's everyone doing? :)

My goal today is to finish reading a book. Not too many pages left!
    Scope

• 66Mustang
    What a nice goal to have @Chloe_Scope

No goals for me today just an easy day although we are celebrating a birthday today so I hope to get a drink or two in
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi everyone hope you all had a great weekend sounds like a few of you have achieved goals. 

i had a good weekend celebrating sons birthday spent a fortune and had lots of food , drink and fun

Had my swabs done today for the COVID research study and my other goal is just to catch up with everyone on here
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @66mustang Cheers to that! Have a lovely tipple or two.

@janer1967 Did your son have a nice birthday?  How's he found going back to school?

My goal today is to work a bit more on something I'm writing and speak to you lovely lot.  I'm very lucky!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cher_Scope Yes he had a great time thanks and now has a wallet full of cash too, he is enjoying being back at school and seeing his friends and starting some new lessons
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @janer1967 Ooh lucky lad!! It sounds like he was thoroughly spoilt  :) Am glad the return to school is going well for him.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    edited September 2020
    I had to get rid of fourteen bags of miscellaneous rubbish, all sorted first and then taken to the local dump seven miles away. I managed half of them, don’t want to break my trusty car, or should that be rusty car, ha ha. 

Now for a nice cuppa and a digestive biscuit or two.

glad the birthday went well @janer1967

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    Did you have any problem getting into the dump? Apparently a lot of them are turning lots of people away at the moment.
  • leeCal
    @66Mustang yes I did, I had to queue for ages and once inside I found ticker taped lanes everywhere, quite confusing actually. Unfortunately I’ve still got about six bags or so to go, I may wait a while before going again to be honest.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    edited September 2020
    Sounds a bit like my one - though here you have to book a slot online but still queue which seems weird!
  • leeCal
    edited September 2020
    That is seriously odd @66Mustang, can’t see the point of booking and then queueing as well. 
    Unfortunately we must obey, but perhaps not without question...or two.

― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness