My goal today - Page 9 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tori_Scope thank you for the suggestion. I had to read a book for an A level a few years ago and I actually ended up getting that in audiobook format so yes that does help, I should give it a try again! Thanks.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Watched a couple of Eckhart Tolle videos today, excellent and very helpful.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    Today I must nurse my leg . I’ve woken up today with what feels like a tight band around my calf muscle and I’m finding walking a bit painful and difficult. I’ve had a swollen calf for thirty years but usually it doesn’t hurt. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    @66Mustang @Cress I have poor sight being blind in the right eye from birth.  I listen to the radio a lot and enjoy the serialised stories and books often broadcast on BBC Radio 4.  One od side effect of this is that you form a mental picture of the people and places.  When Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy was broadcast I had mental pictures of the characters.  Then they decided to make a TV version.  It was nothing like I had imagined..  For me it was a disappointment because nothing looked right.  Audio books are great too.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    Watched a couple of Eckhart Tolle videos today, excellent and very helpful.
    @leeCal Have you listened to any podcasts of his?  I've listened to ones where he speaks to Oprah Winfrey and Russell Brand.  That man has so much wisdom! Make sure to rest your leg today and I hope it's better soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    Hi @Cher_Scope no I haven’t watched those yet, I noticed one on YouTube where he speaks to Oprah and I’ll watch it soon, thanks.

yes I’m resting my leg, I have it raised and it’s easing off now thank you.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    I am going to attempt to write a spec script for disabled deactivate drama for television  I going to give it a go 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal Wishing you a speedy recovery I bet all that DIY had an impact.

I have dome my goal for today, booked to go to the F1 Silverstone Experience Centre as a surprise for my boyfriend this weekend. Also ordered myself a winter coat as its getting cooler out there, and maybe ordered a few other bits at the same time lol
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @globster Good luck with writing your drama.

@janer1967 My boyfriend would be made up with that as a present.  He is F1 mad.  Enjoy it  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    @Cher_Scope we are both fans so hope we both enjoy it. You should treat him only cost £30 for 3 of us one adult 1 child and 1 carer 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    We went out today and bought a couple of frames for my room, was nice to be out, got back and my wife hung them on the wall for me, so was a good day
  • leeCal
    Looks good @Grinchy !

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Grinchy
    thanks @leeCal, pleased with it
  • roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    I take it you are a Star Wars fan @Grinchy The look great, well done.
  • Grinchy
    Hey @roberttaylor570, yes i have a whole room dedicated to my collection, you can find it on the coffee lounge, glad you like it
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    writing another poem for free a local poetry competition 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• janer1967
    My goal is to find a good cheesecake recipe and then go shopping for the ingredients
  • leeCal
    Good luck with the poem @Globster ?

i really like cheesecake @janer1967 I hope you find a good recipe today!

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    My goal today is to win the lottery.
    if I succeed I’ll let you know ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    @leeCal If you win you will be too busy planning what to do with all the money and forget about us

Cheesecake made and it looks delicious, also barbecue chicken with dirty fries and onion rings.

All a bit of a waste though as my boyfriend now has hurt his back so not coming for the weekend, we also had tickets for the F1 Silverstone experience tomorrow so they will also be going to waste

Looks like a weekend of catching up on tv for me now !!!

Brightness