Confusion about P.I.P letter. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confusion about P.I.P letter.

Comments

• BAF
    BAF Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    @samantha21 Hi that's awful what happened to you trying to phone them, unfortunately like you I have rang in the past only to be cut off as they answer the phone after you have waited for over an hour, like you I felt I was cut off on purpose,  am not sure if you could email them, what I have done in the past when I have written to them  is post it recorded delivery so any post o send them I always send recorded delivery and that was suggested to me by one of the advisers I talked to after waiting over an hour and being cut off, I think if you Google them I am sure there is a way of messaging them online, hope it all goes well for you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    It's highly unlikely to be anything to do with "tactics". A lot of DWP advisors are working from home because of Covid. At home there maybe some back ground noise their end, especially if they have children around them. Working from home for some people isn't ideal but there's not much anyone can do about the current situation. There could have been a problem with the advisors phone, rather than your phone.

I wouldn't advise writing to them because you probably won't receive a reply. I know you'd rather not ring back but it's the only way you'll know why you received the letter with your extended award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dazl58
    Dazl58 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    I toi was "cut off"after waiting for 51 mins,I suppose the volume of calls isn't ideal if you are working from home.Doesnt distract from the fact that they was able to send out the letter though.I will try again tomorrow.
  • poppy123456
    Sending out letters and trying to get through to them are 2 totally different things.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dazl58
    So they send out letters you are advising us not to,we ring them we are cut off .. tomorrow i will ring again and will also post a recorded delivery letter asking for an explanation.
  • poppy123456
    Sending letters recorded delivery to DWP is a waste of money. All mail going to DWP goes through a mail sorting process and a signed for letter will be signed by someone from Royal mail sorting office, it doesn't mean it's arrived with DWP. Post going to DWP can take 7-10 working days to be added to the computer and this includes next day delivery signed for mail.
    If you must write to them then proof posting is all that's needed, which is free from a post office.
  • Dazl58
    The last time I sent one it was signed as delivered by the Royal Mail at the relevant DWP dept .Whether it takes 7 to 10 days to be in putted into the system or not at least one he question has been asked.It has taken 10 days from date on the letter to be received.
  • samantha21
    samantha21 Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    @Dazl58

Thank-you for your reply, and to be cut off after waiting so long is a waste of my time. As you point out they can send letters out though.

Poppy123456 has got a point about writing to the D.W.P and just like cutting off the phones they can also say that mail has not arrived.
    In the past when I have written I always go for recorded delivery at least that way you have got a signature and at least that way if complaints really have to be made you have proof of accepted delivery
    Dazl158 another thing to do is keep a written record of any times you ring the D.W.P. and your receipt from any letters.

I have got things to do at the doctors surgery tomorrow and cannot spend wasted time on phones if I am going to get cut off. I shall be trying them again Wednesday.  Good luck for ringing them tomorrow update us on how you get on. 
  • poppy123456
    Proof of posting is all that's needed. A signature from Royal Mail doesn't prove it's arrived with DWP.

Hopefully you'll get through next time you ring. I rang  them some weeks ago first thing in the morning and got through in about 20 minutes, give or take.
  • Dazl58
    A signature at the DWP obtained by Royal Mail proves otherwise.It has to then be sorted by DwP/PIP and in putted ,length of time may be sometime,but at least it will be inputted and they are obliged to respond
  • Dazl58
    Poppy 123456
    I apologise for any confusion,the anxiety and stress is taking it's toll,my only wish is to get some form of resolution to this matter.
  • poppy123456
    No worries. Although i disagree about your thoughts with the signatures. It's not signed for anywhere in a DWP building. It's signed for at the Royal mail sorting office, which means it's not with DWP and isn't classed as arriving until it's been added to the computer. We'll just have to agree to disagree with this one.
  • Dazl58
    Sorry but that is rubbish,mine was signed for at Royal Mail and signed for as received at DWP,when queried by phone was acknowledged as received by DWP,and checked  online as received.
  • poppy123456
    I don't speak rubbish, just the truth. I won't make any further comments on the thread but good luck with finding out what's going on with your award date.
  • samfits99
    samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    @samantha21 my friend claim was suppose to run out on March 8th 2021. and was expecting to get w award review letter around Sep / October but he got a letter saying it’s been extended and he won’t get his award review letter un till June / July next year. I heard PIP on the phone and they told him he won’t get it till then. so least it gives him loads of time. 
  • Dazl58
    Yes,but he had a date for it to run out.You have an ongoing award with a time limit  of 10 years ..so why have you been given an extension.It is all very strange Also I have no problem with Poppy 123456 she is far more knowledge able than myself and her advise is invaluable. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dazl58 - @poppy123456 is totally correct. If sending important info to the DWP, or anyone, all that is needed is a free 'Certificate of Posting' available from a Post Office. It's good that you received acknowledgement that the DWP received some written communication from yourself whenever that last happened, but it doesn't confer that it was 'signed for' by anyone at the DWP. How do I know? My best friend worked with Royal Mail for over 30 years; he might know a thing or two. :)
  • samantha21
    '@Dazl58 just a message to say that I do not want to be confrontational towards Poppy123456 and also chiarieds, as they say that letters are signed for by Royal Mail.  I have to disagree as I have first hand proof that the letters are signed for in the D.W.P post room and then they have to be entered onto the computer for processing. Also some people may choose not to believe this often the letters can be lost in the post room.
    When I first started  sending letters about my P.I.P (before I got my award) my whole claim went missing and so I contacted my M.P. after he looked into it he wrote and told me although my letters had arrived at D.W.P somehow they had been lost in the post room that was found out because everything had been sent recorded delivery and had signatures. I too find all input from Poppy123456 valuable and she has much experience, I am just pointing out my own experience. Dazl58 you are right the anxiety and stress does take it's toll and anything I write s about my own experience ant to help others if I can.
    Good Luck.
  • Dazl58
    have written evidence that it was signed for at DWP ,perhaps we all have different experiences and also working for Royal Mail for 30 years makes no difference.We are now detracting from our original aim which is to clear up the confusion surrounding a letter from PIP and by doing so possibly help others,I am not here for an argument amongst fellow sufferers.Lets just try an get this sorted somehow 
  • samantha21
    'Dazl58.  you post is correct to try and clear up any confusion surrounding letters is our aim. All our experiences are different. I will never look to cause an argument. When others are suffering and only want to move forward then we should help in that aim if we can. My goal to find out what is going on for me will be ongoing and hopefully I   will get a response from D.W.P. in the near future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.