The general chat thread - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The general chat thread

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    The year before last I ordered a mini saw wheel from amazon, about 100mm diameter. After a week or so I received a package of the similar size. On opening it I found a ‘my little princess’ set of necklaces!  I had to laugh, but having complained I then received the correct saw blade and nothing was said, no apologies just a replacement. I gave the necklaces away by the way lol. to err is human to forgive, divine, as they say.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I feel sorry for the little girl who got a saw wheel :o
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s a good point @66Mustang I hadn’t thought of that! ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry @leeCal but that made me chuckle ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • 66Mustang
    Today I booked a hotel for my birthday trip to Scotland. We were due to go on the month of my birthday (November) but postponed it due to the restrictions and have now re-booked for March. I hope we get to go but if we have to cancel it again then we are allowed to at least. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Nice one fingers crossed you get to go and have a wonderful time 
  • 66Mustang
  • 66Mustang
    edited October 2020
    This morning I ordered a new fridge from Amazon for £89.99 and now it is retailing for £85.99 just a few hours later. :# I have emailed the company suggesting they refund me the £4 but not sure whether they will or not.

I could return the fridge for a refund then just buy it again which would cause added hassle for both me and the seller, and added expense for the seller (probably more than £4) so it would make sense for them to refund me.

I know it is only £4 but every penny counts to me :D
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang have you tried camelcamelcamel its a price tracker for amazon?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    No I’d never heard of that but it looks interesting thanks @woodbine
  • woodbine
    @66Mustang your welcome, another one when using amazon is "pouch" it will check for any available discount codes.

• 66Mustang
    Oh that sounds useful as well, very nice :)

I like to think I’m a good shopper and never pay more than I have to but I wonder how much I’ve lost through not having used these in the past haha
  • woodbine
    IIRC pouch won some backing when they appeared on Dragons Den.

• 66Mustang
    What is everyone up to? I am enjoying an Old Fashioned while browsing forums :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Very sophisticated @66Mustang! I'm working (obviously), drinking coffee, and bopping along to some nostalgic tunes :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Mentioning Van Morrison's 'Here Comes The Night,' on the music thread earlier got me listening to this, then a concert he did last year, then David Gilmour, Phil Collins & early Genesis concerts. So I've been listening to a variety of music. I was at a small venue featuring Van Morrison with Them when I was a student, so have always had a soft spot for him; still singing really well in his 70s. :)
  • 66Mustang
    @chiarieds that happens to me when I watch something on YouTube. i.e. watching related videos then related videos of the related videos. I think they call it “falling down a hole” or something. :D
  • 66Mustang
    I’ve got an Amazon order coming apparently between 7-10pm :o that seems quite late. Is that normal? I wonder if it will be cancelled and re-delivered tomorrow.
  • woodbine
    edited October 2020
    We had some replacements delivered for one of our vertical blinds fiddley job but all done, problem was they aren't the colour we ordered, but they look ok so they're staying. Just heard on the radio we have 57 nights sleep until Christmas /1

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I fall down YouTube holes all the time @66Mustang :D 

That does seem quite late, but I think I've had parcels arrive that late before too. You often never quite know when they're going to arrive though!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness