The general chat thread - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The general chat thread

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad it's better @66Mustang :) Maybe stay away from toffees too :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    I usually lose fillings on soft food/sweets not hard stuff, probably an age thing lol

Woke up here this morning to the first fog/mist of the winter didn't really clear till lunchtime.

Was woken up at 8-30 by the door bell, it was a lad about 6 years old delivering an amazon parcel, I double checked that his mum was at the end of the path in her car, I thought that amazon has started using child labour [removed by moderator - use of language].
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Marie88
    Marie88 Community member Posts: 114 Courageous
    edited November 2020
    I’ve got an appointment at the dentist the week after next.. I need to check they are still open during lockdown. I’ve been getting a bit of tooth ache recently. It’s my own fault as during the first lockdown I was eating a lot of sugary snacks and chocolate, so quite worried I’m going to need fillings done.

Today has been a lazy Sunday. I couldn’t get to sleep last night and was up until 4am. I got up at 12 today, had brunch, had a look on bbc news and did my own 2 minute silence. I put a wash on and did an hour or so of my online course. Then I started watching ‘The Walking Dead’, I’m on season 9 at the moment. Going to have fajitas for tea, so going to make them soon. Then I’ll watch a film with my boyfriend and try and get to sleep earlier than last night and get up earlier tomorrow too!
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    @Marie88 I can’t speak for all of them but my dentist is open to past patients but you need to do a few things before you go in like have your temperature checked, sanitise your hands and wash your mouth out with mouthwash. Also mine is only letting one patient in at a time so you need to wait outside until your pre booked appointment. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I absolutely love fajitas @marie88, were they nice? 

I hope you got a better night of sleep last night :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Marie88
    Marie88 Community member Posts: 114 Courageous
    edited November 2020
    @66Mustang I’ve checked with my dentist and they are open but will contact me the day before to make sure I don’t have any symptoms. They didn’t mention having temperature taken or using mouthwash! Maybe I’ll have to do that though! I’m not looking forward to it I’ve always hated the dentist but good to get it out the way!

@Tori_Scope I didn’t actually end up having them, I had something easy from the freezer instead! Probably have them at the weekend, I always buy frozen chicken pieces and onion and pepper as makes it easier and then I don’t have to worry about them going off quickly as I find the dates on Tesco fresh food aren’t great (I usually get a delivery every week as I live in a small town and our local supermarket is really expensive!)

• woodbine
    woodbine said:
    I usually lose fillings on soft food/sweets not hard stuff, probably an age thing lol

Woke up here this morning to the first fog/mist of the winter didn't really clear till lunchtime.

Was woken up at 8-30 by the door bell, it was a lad about 6 years old delivering an amazon parcel, I double checked that his mum was at the end of the path in her car, I thought that amazon has started using child labour [removed by moderator - use of language].
    i'm baffled as to what the "language" might have been but hey ho B)

• 66Mustang
    @Marie88 it may just be my dentist that has those procedures. Also I forgot to mention the dentist was all PPEd up with a breathing mask on as well which I can understand given they are working on peoples mouths.

@woodbine not going to say whether I agree but the word you used to describe a small person is seen as not politically correct these days!

I have just been for a drive and now am settling down for the night! What’s everyone else up to!
  • woodbine
     :):o  
    @Marie88 it may just be my dentist that has those procedures. Also I forgot to mention the dentist was all PPEd up with a breathing mask on as well which I can understand given they are working on peoples mouths.

@woodbine not going to say whether I agree but the word you used to describe a small person is seen as not politically correct these days!

I have just been for a drive and now am settling down for the night! What’s everyone else up to!
    Ah thanks i remember now, hope once again I didn't offend anybody, put it down to my advancing years and not understanding any of the PC  (word removed by woodbine) :)

• 66Mustang
    No offence taken here @woodbine I can’t speak for everyone but personally I am only offended by intent to offend not accidental use of a word! :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Don't worry @woodbine! As @66Mustang said, I'm sure we all know you didn't intend to cause any offence. 

Once I've finished work I'm going to decorate a Toblerone Tart I made yesterday and left to set overnight. It looks good, so I'm hoping it'll turn out well. 

• 66Mustang
    @Tori_Scope I’ve never heard of a Toblerone tart but as someone who likes Toblerone it sounds interesting......... please share some pictures of it if you can!
  • Tori_Scope
    I use frozen veg a lot as well @Marie88, so that I don't end up throwing things away. I try to eat vegetarian on the whole, and I actually made halloumi fajitas for my tea last night. Delicious!

• Tori_Scope
    I will try and remember to take some before we devour it @66Mustang :D Decoration is not my strong point, but I'm going to give piping a go. 

This is the recipe I used.

• 66Mustang
    Wow that looks really nice!!!
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Save me a slice of your toblerone tart please! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    edited November 2020
    homemade toblerone tart. Biscuit base, filled with toblerone mousse, and topped with whipped cream and pieces of toblerone

Not the best decoration in the world, but pretty happy with how it turned out! It tastes delicious, and that's the most important thing.

I'll post you a slice @Cher_Scope :D 

• 66Mustang
    That looks really nice :o:yum:
  • Tori_Scope
    Thank you @66Mustang! My housemates and I are taking it in turns to bake during lockdown to keep us going. They're both good bakers so there was some pressure to make something that was at least edible :D I've got no idea what I'll make next time it's my turn...

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tori_Scope That looks amazing well done you

Try a lemon drizzle cake next or any type as cheescake as they are quite easy. Or an ice cream flan just do biscuit base then buy ice cream eg vanilla and add stuff like choc chips fruit mix it all up with the ice cream and put on top of the biscuit base and freeze  

Brightness