If they roll it out in December, would you take the Covid-19 Vaccine? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If they roll it out in December, would you take the Covid-19 Vaccine?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
edited December 2020 in Coffee lounge
If the government rolls it out to the general public in December, would you take the Covid-19 Vaccine? I would, and my Parents, as it's said to be above 90% effective against the virus.

Would you guys do it?

If they roll it out in December, would you take the Covid-19 Vaccine? 55 votes

Yes
61%
AlexW_Scopedaz2Geoarkmossycowpoppy123456art_1angelfitzwaynepcveasyAlisonNettyTardiswoodbineworried33angiethomson01254chiariedsWestHam06Victor66MustangBumblesAdventium 34 votes
No
27%
deb74cat6873OverlyAnxiousPatchGParrot123Angie321soconfusedmacbanana57littlemouse13Melford_1IgnatiusyorkcaptainricksombraLisatho11987777sussexvisualimpaired 15 votes
Undecided
10%
Ami2301carthaMsbettyboopjaner1967Cher_AlumniHelsinkiships 6 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes
    Yes! I don't have any reasons why i wouldn't have the vaccine. Both my daughters have also said they would go ahead.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Parrot123
    Parrot123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    No
    I will wait until i see how it affects others with disabilities. Better safe than sorrry Will xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Undecided
    Want to wait till see if any side effects 
  • Parrot123
    Parrot123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    No
    @janer1967 snap i am doing the same. I will wait been indoors since January. I will sit it out 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Undecided
    Hmm, I'd have to educate myself more about the vaccine they went with, so side effects, how it works, what it contains.  If after that I felt reassured, then yep.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes
    Absolutely, I have had the flu jab for 20+years and even had the HN15 jab and pneumonia jab, whilst they can't force people to have it they will find a way, they will give you proof that you've had the jab and won't let anyone who hasn't do some/all of the following go to a football match/travel abroad/ go to attractions like Alton towers etc etc etc.
    There should be no choice  for this in my honest opinion.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    No
    I had covid19 in March and I think if I was offered the vaccine I would say no. I think there are lots of people who need it more than I do. I refuse a flu vaccine every year for the same reason.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    Undecided
    What does everyone think to the news that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine has been approved from use as of next week?  For more information, see this BBC website article.  

Also, do you think the planned roll out is fair? 
    Image showing planned roll out of vaccine
    This sees the order of people being given the vaccine as:

1) Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers.
    2) All those 80 years and over plus frontline health and social care workers.
    3) All those 75 years plus.
    4) All those 70 years plus, in addition to clinically extremely vulnerable people.
    5) All those 65 years plus.
    6) All those 16 to 64 with underlying health conditions 'which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality'.
    7) All those 60 years plus.
    8) All those 55 years plus.
    9) All those 50 years plus.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Yes
    I would have the vaccine as and when the time was right for me to do so. I believe there are people who need the vaccine before me due to a variety of different reasons. Thereafter, I would have the vaccine due to the risks Covid poses to myself and to try to help to protect others, hope this makes sense. Thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    Yes
    What does everyone think to the news that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine has been approved from use as of next week?  For more information, see this BBC website article.  

4) All those 70 years plus, in addition to clinically extremely vulnerable people.
    6) All those 16 to 64 with underlying health conditions 'which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality'.
    Mum and Dad and I will possibly be up at the Quack's next week for the thing.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes

what makes you think that you will be in the very first wave?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• [Deleted User]
    Yes
    woodbine said:

what makes you think that you will be in the very first wave?
    Well I don't know for rmyself but they're both over 70 and I'm classed as vulnerable due to formerly having Diabetes and I'm also disabled.

• m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    Yes
    Absolutely! The Vaccines are the only way to get out of all this sadness, lonliness and the lost of so much of our lives.
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Yes
    Absolutely, the question is will I be offered it? I think everyone in the country needs to be offered this and given the choice.
  • justjoe
    justjoe Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Absolutely not. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes
    There’s no reason why I shouldn’t take it so I will.

I can understand some people with certain conditions refusing to take a vaccine. However, perfectly well people who refuse based on rumours on social media need to take off the tin foil hat IMO. :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Yes
    Apparently it's been debunked, but there was a report in one of the National newspapers yesterday that anyone who does not have the Vaccine will be barred from their local once the Pubs reopen post lockdown.

I think it was either the Daily Star or the Sun, so take it as you will.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes
    Hi all :) Thank you for creating this poll @MrAllen1976! It's really useful for us to know what you're all thinking about the latest developments so that we can best represent disabled people in our campaigns and other work.

I just wanted to share a BBC video I saw, where a few common questions about the vaccine are answered by an expert from King's College. Closed captions are available on the video.

I also wanted to share with you a copy of the letter our Chair, Robin Millar, wrote to Matt Hancock. The letter asks for two key things:
    1. For disabled people to be prioritised in the roll-out of any coronavirus vaccine
    2. For improved access to non-Covid-19 health screening and treatment for disabled people
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • [Deleted User]
    Yes
    Hi all :) Thank you for creating this poll @MrAllen1976! It's really useful for us to know what you're all thinking about the latest developments so that we can best represent disabled people in our campaigns and other work.

I just wanted to share a BBC video I saw, where a few common questions about the vaccine are answered by an expert from King's College. Closed captions are available on the video.

I also wanted to share with you a copy of the letter our Chair, Robin Millar, wrote to Matt Hancock. The letter asks for two key things:
    1. For disabled people to be prioritised in the roll-out of any coronavirus vaccine
    2. For improved access to non-Covid-19 health screening and treatment for disabled people
    With respect Tori, it's a well known fact the Tories hate the disabled, look at all the needless deaths when the ATOS Clowns (sponsored by the Tory government) find people who clearly aren't, "fit to work" and sanction the stuffing out of 'em?!

• Stickman
    Stickman Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    I have ticked "undecided" as I would like to know more about it and also if it has any side effects.

Brightness