If they roll it out in December, would you take the Covid-19 Vaccine? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If they roll it out in December, would you take the Covid-19 Vaccine?

124»

Comments

• art_1
    art_1 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    It's sad so many believe the rubbish out out about vaccinations..Vaccines have been around for Many many decades and are proven to work..Stop being so ignorant but not all need to be vaccinated as only as certain percentage need it to kill this virus..There you are now you know.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    No
    I cant have the vacibe because of my health and the medication I tske  so I don't need to make the choice I don't have the flu vaccination but I can see why people are scared because its something thst could  be detrimental  but as I said there is risk with anything I had a cataract removal 4 weeks ago I cancel twice but I was ready this time around because I couldn't see but that was because of the risks that they told me could happen  but I couldn't see any way so I took the risk I can see now but touch wood  things are going OK  I tske itvobe day at a time and don't tske anything for granted  so at the end of the day its a person's choice  
  • PatchG
    PatchG Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    No
    @lisathomas50
    Great to hear the op seems to have gone well, congrats ?
    ???
  • Lisatho11987777
    No
    Thank you patch6 wales has just been put intoocjdown from tonight  what a nightmare  merry  Xmas  we can still enjoy the pandemic will come to an end get your surf board out and ride the waves we can do this 
  • m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    Yes
    lisathomas50  Also London in Tier 4. I'm unlikely to have my usual Christmas. I usually feel that my life is just one run of lonliness, without anyone giving any real help to solve that. With not likely to even have a Christmas, will simply be unbearable!
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes
    Yes I will have it when it is offered to me.

I would like to thank @soconfused for the best laughs over this issue. Here is my favourite line:

The whole world needs to wake up and smell what Boris and his (getting rich doing it) cronies are shovelling.

To find someone who actually believes that this bunch of incompetent idiots are capable of conceiving and implementing such a world wide scam is just so funny.

So parts of England went into tier 3 lockdown because of a spike in the rise of Covid. The rise being mainly among those between 11 and 18, but the schools and colleges remained open. Today they cried a new Tier 4 and still they plan to have the schools and education open.

Retirement ages have been going up, yet our education system has been under assault for the last decade at least. So suddenly there is a call for education centres in every town. We already have them, they are called colleges, those institutions which used to help retrain adults into jobs that needed people and provided various other forms of education until the funding for them was pulled away.

Personally I'm not surprised that some Tory MPs are unhappy with the recent grants given by UNICEF. It represents external validation of what most of us know what has been going on with the Conservatives in the last decade, or usually when they are in power.

Boris is hardly and intellectual giant, so to believe this is one huge world wide scam by him and his cronies is just laughable.

Perhaps smell some of the stuff you are trying to shovel on us? 

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Yes
    Geoark said:
    Yes I will have it when it is offered to me.

I would like to thank @soconfused for the best laughs over this issue. Here is my favourite line:

The whole world needs to wake up and smell what Boris and his (getting rich doing it) cronies are shovelling.

To find someone who actually believes that this bunch of incompetent idiots are capable of conceiving and implementing such a world wide scam is just so funny.

So parts of England went into tier 3 lockdown because of a spike in the rise of Covid. The rise being mainly among those between 11 and 18, but the schools and colleges remained open. Today they cried a new Tier 4 and still they plan to have the schools and education open.

Retirement ages have been going up, yet our education system has been under assault for the last decade at least. So suddenly there is a call for education centres in every town. We already have them, they are called colleges, those institutions which used to help retrain adults into jobs that needed people and provided various other forms of education until the funding for them was pulled away.

Personally I'm not surprised that some Tory MPs are unhappy with the recent grants given by UNICEF. It represents external validation of what most of us know what has been going on with the Conservatives in the last decade, or usually when they are in power.

Boris is hardly and intellectual giant, so to believe this is one huge world wide scam by him and his cronies is just laughable.

Perhaps smell some of the stuff you are trying to shovel on us? 
    I call him BoJo the Clown!
  • PatchG
    PatchG Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    No
    It doesn't have to be unbearable ?
    My Niece died just before xmas day many years ago now. Ever since, her dad (my brother) and family have had a delayed xmas every year - to celebrate real xmas day without her is too painful as she loved xmas so much.

This year is not normal for anyone who would otherwise celebrate the day, everyone is in the same boat, I think a lot will choose a different day when it's safer ?
  • Lisatho11987777
    No
    Mburrrel 82 you csn always talk  to someone on here I am here Xmas can be lonely  for anyone but its worse now because  of the corona virus  Xmas won't be the same this year are you ok 
  • Lisatho11987777
    No
    My son died  on 31st December 22 years ago  so I don't like new year  but it does taint Xmas but I still try  I know its different this year  and you say its Linley and unbearable but there is always someone here to speak to you  I am used to haveing people round me Xmas but not this year I hope your ok 
  • m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    Yes
    Its good talking here to an extent and like I talk to so many folk out there, in different countries on places like hangouts and stuff. Sites like that I can say so much more about myself. Whether I can actually get to meet any of those folk, from places like The States and Ghana, remains to be seen though.
  • Lisatho11987777
    No
    You never know anything is possible if you want it enough there are akways ways to dort it out glad your ok though we can get you through Xmas  iwe are all in same boat do ride the waves we will get through it x
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes
    @m_burrell82 I have made some good friends in the States and have been fortunate to meet some of them. The worst experience I have had in these meetings was taking a couple of ladies, with the family, to a pub in the middle of a tourist area in London and ordering coffee with cream. The coffee was okay, but seriously whipped cream from a can?? 

Fortunately this year our plans won't be spoilt. We spend it together as a family, if you can count three different tv's being on in three different rooms 'being together' debatable. We do spend some time together though, eating, a couple of games, opening presents. It suits us as there is very little expectations of each other and we don't have to try and meet the expectations of others.

While I can certainly understand that this is a time people who are alone can feel very lonely, but being around toxic partners, parents or even children can be just as lonely with a large dose of abuse thrown in. Throw in the type of year we have had, and I have seen a report on tv saying that drinking alcohol has gone up significantly I just hope people have the courage to ask for help if they need it. That said, it definitely does not diminish the issues faced by single people who are on their own this Christmas, and especially for those who had hoped to spend a few days with family or friends but cannot do so now.

All I can suggest is try to reach out if you are feeling particularly lonely, be it online, calling someone just to wish them a merry Christmas, perhaps arrange a time to call in advance so you don't catch them while they are eating, or have something else planned. I know one of my biggest concerns this year has been what will happen to our elderly residents who are often invited to parties at the local hospital, or charity.  Sadly I have not had the time or energy this year to be proactive, but fortunately do know that some of the other residents have already made plans to ensure they are at least contacted by someone, with a few surprises for them on the day.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Lisatho11987777
    No
    Thats good glad you have someone at Xmas  to be fair I am  ok about Xmas  if I stay safe hopefuly I  will have Xmas  next year  my kids will facetious me on my phone people will text me my partner will come and see me I have presents and I have a Xmas dinner I am happy I am alive so I can't ask for anything more  have a lovely Xmas  
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,810 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes
    we will be having it, glad to see more people are to, this is  an interesting thread, thanks to those who have taken part
  • Lisatho11987777
    No
    We will all have  mad day but different than what we are used to and some people are on their own every year  some work but however we are haveing Xmas hope you will all feel some joy amongst everything going on x

Brightness