Why have PIP done 2 assessments in a week? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why have PIP done 2 assessments in a week?

sarah1986
sarah1986 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
Hi all please can I ask y have pip done 2 assessments in a week. I had a telephone assessment on 15 Feb requested my report crossed check it 31 points. A few days later my local MP requested my report he received a paperbased one that was done on the 23rd of Feb, which we knew nothing about

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Tbh I'm not sure not heard of this before unless the copy the mp got was a decision based on a combination of 0paper and phone assessment 

Unless anyone else can advise I suggest you give them a call 
  • sarah1986
    My MP is involved because I should of been done under special rules and I wasn't 
  • sarah1986
    It's just the paperbased was done 7 days after my telephone assessment which lasted over a hour. I have been fighting for my renewal now for 6 months and still counted something isn't right 
  • sarah1986
    Y are u being so hostile about this I came for advice. Even pip said there shouldn't b 2 assessments and wiv me being terminally ill with cancer and Parkinson's. The stress doesn't help with either illness 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    sarah1986 said:
    Y are u being so hostile about this I came for advice. Even pip said there shouldn't b 2 assessments and wiv me being terminally ill with cancer and Parkinson's. The stress doesn't help with either illness 
    Sorry but Mike was only trying to help, did you apply under special rules? and why was your MP involved? and as Mike rightly pointed out why does it really matter as long as you got the award, which I assume was for enhance care and mobility?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• sarah1986
    Yeah I did as it was a renewal and my consultant put a ds1500 form in. My mp involved cus I shouldn't still be waiting for a decision when special rules is meant to fast track it 
  • sarah1986
    Plus both of the assessments r completely different. 1 granting points and other no points 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    @sarah1986 hi there, might be worth giving pip a call, hope you get it all sorted out soon.
  • sarah1986
    I did and he couldn't understand y there was 2 and said they normally go off telephone assessment, but doesn't stop u worrying about it. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Your best course of action might be to tele them tomorrow and ask for a decision maker to call you back.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• sarah1986
    Thank u I will do x
  • sarah1986
    It's just so frustrating how they can mess up and mess about so badly. It shouldn't ave to be this hard. It's wrong that people have to suffer through it all 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited March 2021
    Good morning @sarah1986
    Sorry if I’m missed this in your replies but I was just wondering if you’ve had your decision yet or just the two (contradicting) assessment reports? 
    I think most of us would feel frustrated having to go through an assessment only to then find out they’ve done a paper-based one anyway. Was it the later paper-based one that offered no points or the telephone assessment? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sarah1986
    It was the later paper based that offered no points, the telephone assessment which I went through first, and crossed check was 31 points, I'm still waiting on a decision
  • Adrian_Scope
    No wonder you're anxious with them both recommending different things @sarah1986. I noticed you mentioned you've been fighting for your renewal for 6 months, is that how long ago you put your DS1500 in? That's appalling and I'm so sorry you've been kept waiting so long. Have you put in an official complaint? 

I may be wrong but it sounds like they've missed the fact this was supposed to follow the Special Rules process entirely.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sarah1986
    My local mp has put a complaint in for me, as I can't cope with it much long, I've had to go back to my gp because things where getting that bad. Yes my ds1500 form was sent in 6 months ago with my renewal. I am starting to lose the will of fighting them. I just don't understand why I had a telephone assessment on the 15th of Feb go through all that for over a hour, then on 23rd of Feb do a paperbased. I was told they do assessments where they speak to you if things are missing, I am still now waiting for a decision
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @sarah1986. How are you getting on? Have you heard anything more? 

Username_removed said:
    One of the incredible features of the introduction of UC has been the loss of decision makers from PIP to UC and that’s especially true of special rules where the 10 day processing has largely been abandoned as staff moved over. The lack of publicity over this is nothing short of a scandal.
    I'm really interested in reading more about this Mike, do you have any stats? The only thing I've been able to find indicated that the median time has been pretty consistent and in Jan was 4 days. Although it is very possible I've misinterpreted the data.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    I always use this 
    I confess I have never managed to navigate the DWP statistics to find the information that would be useful!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Adrian_Scope
    I always use this @Adrian_Scope but I think it tells you what you already know really at present. DWP insist there is no issue. The stats. suggest there is no issue. Anecdotally we know there are issues.
    Thanks @mikehughescq, I appreciate the detailed reply. I've raised it with our policy team to explore.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    calcotti said:
    I confess I have never managed to navigate the DWP statistics to find the information that would be useful!
    I have to agree, they're not the easiest to navigate!
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.