2021 waiting time for assessment - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

2021 waiting time for assessment

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Mark98 said:
    I had my assessment on the 3rd of Feb also received a text from DWP on the 9th of February advising that they now have my assessment report and aim to have a decision within 8 does anyone know how accurate these time frames are as I have read a few post waiting more than the 8 weeks thanks 
    It varies so there is no standard answer.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Nashville
    Nashville Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    I am POA for a disabled friend.  The PIP forms were sent in August 2020 and 3 phone calls have all elicited the fact the application is with the manager for action.  It has been with the manager for action since November.  My question is as to how to make any action happen.  It took from May to August to be sent the paper application forms as my friend’s speech is compromised and he thus could not make a telephone application and I could not be in his company to make a telephone application on his behalf due to Covid restrictions. So we are now 10 months in.  How can I make someone move the case along?  I have written twice and phoned 3 times.   No written replies.  My friends MP is Boris Johnson - wrote to him and no reply.  Advice sought as we want to buy a mpv adapted for a wheelchair but need a decision on pip as to whether we get it via  a mobility allowance.  Another interesting thing - my friend has had the Continuing Care checklist done and been scheduled for a full assessment though this too has been delayed 3 months.  Thus, in the system there are endless reports concerning his abilities and disabilities,  why is it not joined up? It seems I have been proving his disabilities over and over again yet since his stroke last February he has received no actual money at all.  Is there a way to get his case to the top of the pile?  If he is rejected for PIP so be it and I will know that the mpv will have to be bought from savings. I suspect a virtual assessment cannot happen as my friend’s speech and reading have been compromised significantly and he won’t be able to contribute - this is the case with the Continuing Care Assessment too.  Any thoughts anyone?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Hi @Nashville

Hope you're well, and sorry to hear you've been waiting a long while. I have made your comment into its own discussion, which you can find here.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Simone82
    Simone82 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi I was just browsing and came across this post. I applied in October 22, had my assessment on 28th January, 2 weeks after my original assessment date. I'm still waiting on a decision and the waiting is the worst part. Wising everyone luck in the outcome of their claim
  • sonic1989
    sonic1989 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Simone you still waiting I had mine on 3rd of February they told we be done in 8 weeks and a lady said it should be no longer than six my assessment has been in que with assessment manger since the 11th February 
  • Simone82
    Sonic, yes still waiting I called them on Monday just past and they told me it will be a good few weeks yet. They told me it goes in order of telephone assessment and mines was end of Jan
  • sonic1989
    I got told it varies in different areas due to back log 
  • Simone82
    Yeah unfortunately it's just an anxious waiting game. Will hopefully hear soon. Hope it goes well for you
  • Nashville
    Nashville Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    No sooner had I posted my comment than the pip acceptance letter came with no review date which I think is important as going through all this again would be the pits.  Because my friend is profoundly affected by his stroke we didn’t have an interview so perhaps that was the reason for the delay.  Anyway the payment was all backdated and about 5k plopped into his bank account.  Quite how he would have accessed this payment without me advocating for him I do not know.  What a system it is!  Wishing all of you waiting good luck. Thank you Scope for your support.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Nashville I'm pleased to hear your friend had a successful outcome and they were definitely lucky to have you for support.  Thank you for the update :) You know where we are if you ever have any more questions!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • naila_007
    naila_007 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    tanya2595 said:
    @naila_007 hey no I haven’t heard anything off them yet. Haven’t had a letter with the date of my assessment. Oh really? I would of thought they would of had to wait longer than us. I will definitely update you when I do hear from them keep us updated if you do! 
    Thanks 
    @tanya2595 - Hi i got text with my assessment date for next week Friday.  Bit nervous i will pull out my paper work this weekend and make some notes.  Any ideas on what questions they will ask.
    thanks

• tanya2595
    tanya2595 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    @naila_007 I still haven’t heard anything from them yet. It’s now been 17 weeks since applying. I haven’t had a phone call assessment before so I’m unsure of what they will ask you!! Good luck!! Thank you for updating me 
  • naila_007
    tanya2595 said:
    @naila_007 I still haven’t heard anything from them yet. It’s now been 17 weeks since applying. I haven’t had a phone call assessment before so I’m unsure of what they will ask you!! Good luck!! Thank you for updating me 

I did ring the DWP on the 8th Feb and they gave the number for IAS who i called on the same day - just to make sure they had my file which they did. I followed the call up again on the 25th Feb - i just said coz of Covid the post is bad in our area, they said not to worry you will get a text message first.  I got the message first no letter yet.  I will update once i have had the assessment.
  • tanya2595
    Thank you! I’m hoping to hear something soon I did also do the same the last I rang them was the 15th feb so I might do a follow up call and say the same about the post and see if they can update me or anything. Good luck with your assessment 
  • naila_007
    @ajones - Hi are you able to share your experience of the telephone assessment.
    Is it basically they go over your form - requesting examples etc?
    Any tips appreciated.
    Thanks
  • sonic1989
    @naila_007 I found it much easier than face to face it lasted about 50min my assor picked certain questions didn’t ask all try and write down how it affects you tell them every day is a bad day repeat to them the things you can’t do safely realibly  
  • tanya2595
    It’s now been 22 weeks and still not heard from them. My partner phoned up (he’s my appointee) atos and they said I am in the waiting list and it should be picked up any day now giving my claim was made on the 17th November. 

She did say twice on the phone that I might not even need a telephone assessment do they say this to everyone? 
    Thank you 
  • fonz
    fonz Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I called to make my claim 32 weeks ago. The assessment have had my file since the 18th of December. I was told 3 weeks ago that it shouldn’t be much longer they are looking at if they can do my assessment based on all the paperwork. 
    It’s a long time to wait but keep your spirits up
  • tanya2595
    @fonz thank you! Wow 32 weeks and still not had a assessment? I guess I could be waiting much longer then as my claim was made 22 weeks ago. They haven’t said that as such to me but when my partner does phone up they keep saying that I may not have to have a telephone assessment. 
  • fonz
    fonz Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    @tanya2595 it’s a nightmare I haven’t had an assessment so far I’m just waiting for them to decide if I need a telephone assessment or not and I dread to think how much longer it will take. Hopefully yours doesn’t take as long as mine has. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.