2021 waiting time for assessment - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

2021 waiting time for assessment

Comments

• sands7511
    sands7511 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    hi im in the same boat ive had 1 text since they recieved my form on the 8th january and heard nothing since then ive also been given just 24 months to live whilst im waiting for open heart surgery that was 6 months ago im at my wits end im also in end stage renal failure so im really not doing well with the added stress this waiting is causing me

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @sands7511. I'm sorry to hear that this is all causing you extra stress that you certainly don't need. 

Unfortunately, PIP claims can take quite a few months to sort. Fingers crossed you hear from them soon so you can get your assessment sorted. Are you doing okay financially in the meantime?

Is your health being managed well by your medical team? Have you chased them about your heart surgery?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • sands7511
    sands7511 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    yeah i attend dialysis 3 days a week waiting to speak to my surgeon to go through the final tests and then the surgery its all just a waiting game and very frustrating 
  • sarah1977
    sarah1977 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    naila_007 said:

I did ring the DWP on the 8th Feb and they gave the number for IAS who i called on the same day - just to make sure they had my file which they did. I followed the call up again on the 25th Feb - i just said coz of Covid the post is bad in our area, they said not to worry you will get a text message first.  I got the message first no letter yet.  I will update once i have had the assessment.
    Hi naila, looks like im a similar waiting time to you. Its my daughters claim as she has turned 16. I rang dwp at the beginning of april to see what was happening, they told me that they sent the paperwork to IAS on the 7th of Jan, the man on the phone put me directly through to them.they told me they didnt know when it would be look at because of a back log due to covid.( explained thats the reason i hadnt rang up before). I asked him if he knew how long the back log was, he said they dont get told the information. Im going to give it another week and ring them back. Hope you get your assesment soon
  • sarah1977
    tanya2595 said:
    @naila_007 I still haven’t heard anything from them yet. It’s now been 17 weeks since applying. I haven’t had a phone call assessment before so I’m unsure of what they will ask you!! Good luck!! Thank you for updating me 
    Have you heard anthing yet?
  • sarah1977
    sarah1977 said:
    naila_007 said:

I did ring the DWP on the 8th Feb and they gave the number for IAS who i called on the same day - just to make sure they had my file which they did. I followed the call up again on the 25th Feb - i just said coz of Covid the post is bad in our area, they said not to worry you will get a text message first.  I got the message first no letter yet.  I will update once i have had the assessment.
    Hi naila, looks like im a similar waiting time to you. Its my daughters claim as she has turned 16. I rang dwp at the beginning of april to see what was happening, they told me that they sent the paperwork to IAS on the 7th of Jan, the man on the phone put me directly through to them.they told me they didnt know when it would be look at because of a back log due to covid.( explained thats the reason i hadnt rang up before). I asked him if he knew how long the back log was, he said they dont get told the information. Im going to give it another week and ring them back. Hope you get your assesment soon
    Sorry naila, i got yours and tanya post mixed up lol.
  • tanya2595
    tanya2595 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    @sarah1977 no I haven’t heard anything yet. I applied on the 17th November 2020 and they got my form on the 15th December 2020 so it’s been 23 weeks tomorrow and still not had a assessment or heard for a date for one yet. 
  • tcellmutation
    tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    edited April 2021
    Hope someone gets a ongoing 10 year light touch review 
  • naila_007
    naila_007 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    @tanya2595 & @sarah1977 i got my award on 6th April. I was pleased i got enhanced for both. The assessor was actually very nice and report was on point.
    You have been waiting a long time. My assessor’s were IAS. I did call them a few times. My advice keep chasing them x
  • tanya2595
    @naila_007 my partner didn’t get chance to ring them today so he’s going to ring them tomorrow to see what’s going on. They just keep saying I’m in a waiting list and should be seen anyway now and then more time passes and nothing. 23 weeks atm I have been waiting and it’s IAS who are doing mine too 
  • tanya2595
  • naila_007
    naila_007 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    @tanya2595 rest assured u will get it all backdated.
  • sarah1977
    tanya2595 said:
    @sarah1977 no I haven’t heard anything yet. I applied on the 17th November 2020 and they got my form on the 15th December 2020 so it’s been 23 weeks tomorrow and still not had a assessment or heard for a date for one yet. 
    Such a long wait tanya. Hope you hear something soon. Ill wait  another few weeks before i ring
  • tcellmutation
    tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    My wait thankfully was only 6 weeks
  • Gazz1981
    Gazz1981 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    My mum has been in receipt of the daily living for about a year and a half but her condition has worsened meaning she can no longer walk further than about 10 steps without having to stop and rest. I applied for her to be reassessed. So far its been 18 weeks to hear anything. We have now finally received an appointment for a telephone assessment on 11th May. 
  • sarah1977
    Gazz1981 said:
    My mum has been in receipt of the daily living for about a year and a half but her condition has worsened meaning she can no longer walk further than about 10 steps without having to stop and rest. I applied for her to be reassessed. So far its been 18 weeks to hear anything. We have now finally received an appointment for a telephone assessment on 11th May. 
    Thank you gazz. Ive also been told, waiting times depends on where you live. I dont know if this is true or not?.  Im from the north west.
  • Gazz1981
    Gazz1981 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    sarah1977 said:
    Gazz1981 said:
    Thank you gazz. Ive also been told, waiting times depends on where you live. I dont know if this is true or not?.  Im from the north west.
    We heard the same. We are in Doncaster. 
  • ashmce
    ashmce Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I applied on I applied for PIP on the 7th November. I sent my forms back and received 4th December. I got a random call last Monday from an assessor with no appointment who said she can write a report without an assessment just needed to clarify meds. Any ideas how long now until I get an award letter? 
  • sarah1977
    edited May 2021
    ashmce said:
    I applied on I applied for PIP on the 7th November. I sent my forms back and received 4th December. I got a random call last Monday from an assessor with no appointment who said she can write a report without an assessment just needed to clarify meds. Any ideas how long now until I get an award letter? 
    @Tanya2595 have you heard anything yet. Hopefully you wont have long if your havnt. 
  • tanya2595
    @sarah1977 no I haven’t heard anything yet. My partner didn’t get chance to phone this week so he’s phoning tomorrow for a update. It’s now been just over 24 weeks 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.