How is your day going?

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 56,757 Championing

Happy birthday to your son @alisonnetty931

It's warm out wore a winter coat to the shop as it's been cold, bumped into a old work colleague so had a natter In the street.

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,333 Championing

It's dry and sunny @Amberpearl ,but there's a bit of a chill in the air.

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,858 Online Community Coordinator

Have a great time @alisonnetty931! Happy birthday to your son 😊

• Sandy_123

It is chilly now

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Morning you lovely lot. So what have I missed? I know it's only been 3 days, but things tend to happen whenever I have a break haha.

Anyone up to anything exciting this weekend? Buying new gloves maybe?

• Teigr

Morning all.

Sunny but chilly here today.

• Teigr

It was cold last night,I wore my fluffy socks to bed.

• Albus_Scope

My sister turned the heating on for 30 mins yesterday, I was quite shocked! It feels properly autumnal today, sun is shining, but there's a crispness to the air.

• Sandy_123

Morning all yes @Teigr I had my alpaca socks on lol.

Welcome back @Albus_Scope

• Albus_Scope

Thanks @Sandy_123 it's nice to be back. 😊 I hope you've been keeping well? And warm!

• Sandy_123

Yes although it's meant to be warm again next week

• Albus_Scope

I may hold off from putting my fan in the attic again, just to be on the safe side. 😆

• Teigr
    edited September 14

Yes @Sandy_123 it's supposed to be a lot warmer next week.

Hopefully I'll have time to give the garden a proper tidy up before the weather takes a real turn for the worse.

• Sandy_123

Yes same here @Teigr

My rugs are coming today was meant to be Monday just hope the size is ok as I'm hopeless at measuring

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 552 Championing

Hi everyone

I've had a horrific few days due to missing taking antidepressants. I'm on the maximum dose so it has been rough.

I've been so absent minded and it was the last thing I needed. I've been crippled with anxiety, felt constantly nauseous and had really bad upset tummy. Brain zaps have stopped at least as this is my 2nnd day back on them.

I couldn't write coherently but read your posts which was some way of feeling I had friends. This will sound so selfish but we are going on holiday for 2 weeks on Monday to Spain and I am dreading it as I'm back to can't eat, sleep or be around people.

My partner is trying to jolly me along which isn't helping. He's driving due to necessity as I can't. He's doing well and I am falling apart and feel I can't do life. I want to rest and try to recover.

Why does life have to be so hard? I'm fed up of my mind being up then down. I'm not making sense but needed to talk to you all. Any help or suggestions send them my way

• Albus_Scope

Oh @Marydoll5 I'm so sorry to hear that. I've been there myself, so I know how rough things can get. But I'm glad the community was able to give you a bit of light, even if you couldn't say anything. ❤️

That doesn't sound selfish at all, that sounds like someone who's worried, which is totally understandable, so go easy on yourself. Though I know if you have the black dog visiting, that isn't an easy thing to do.
    It sounds like a silly thing, but have you tried journaling before? I find if I'm in one of those "I'm useless" moments, it can be nice to look back at things I've accomplished. Even if that accomplishment is "I got out of bed today" it's still a victory!

Hopefully things will level out after a couple of days back on the meds. We're all here for chats and support if you need us. 😊

• Marydoll5

@Albus_Scope thanks for listening. I will start to journal as I recently had to write down when I woke up from bad dreams that had me kicking in my sleep and shouting for help.

I thought it was all about my ex but it turned out to be also when I was severely bullied in work years ago. The therapist thinks it's ptsd and my brain trying to make sense of it in the nightmares.

The work ones don't happen now since she talked me through the meaning of the bad dream.

That type of journaling helped so I'll try anything. Try and look at positives and not all negatives about myself.

Right now everything is in black and white and there's no colour. I hate this hopeless dread of life

• Marydoll5

Sometimes I think there's been so much trauma in my life and its damaged me. I can't take any more

• Albus_Scope

No problem @Marydoll5 we all care and are here to listen when you feel up to talking. ❤️
    Dealing with PTSD when it's not yet diagnosed can be really scary, especially the night terrors, I know first hand, but the good news is it's treatable. Ask your therapist about EMDR therapy, that was a total game changer for me and my PTSD.

I've popped you a little email, so please be on the look out for it. I also hope some colour returns soon. 😊

• Marydoll5

@Albus_Scope I got the email thanks.

I will try and fight these feelings and hope my system settles soon so I can start living a happier life.