Job coaches for mentally ill in hospital settings - BBC

Comments

• Nashota
    Nashota Community member Posts: 215 Empowering

I've been and read Liz's tweets.. boy oh boy is she clueless, I had a rant at her, not that she'll read it but still, it made me feel a bit better. There's a lot of annoyed people responding to her.

I'm like you @Sharebear tried working but it made me worse, I very rarely leave my home and the only person that I speak to a majority of the time is my son.

I did write more but I don't want to trigger others but I will say that I don't need the government to tell me if I'm well enough to work or not. I have enough issues with the medical centre that I'm registered with who seem incapable of doing most things correctly.

• Sharebear
    Sharebear Community member Posts: 63 Contributor

@Nashota well done you I agree she is so clueless. I'm trying bit of zelda on switch to distract myself now

• Nashota
    Nashota Community member Posts: 215 Empowering

I'm trying not to let it bother me as I'm trying to deal with the medical centre, I've been trying to get them to address a complaint and medical record concerns for over 2 and a half years now, plus they are now telling me that I need to attend appointments although I was initially down as being housebound, my son has been trying to address it with them but they are poor when it comes to responding to emails and if you go in and see them they'll say "I'll talk to the manager and will call you back" but they don't.

I'm not able to have a blood test or get my blood pressure checked as I was asked to because I simply cannot physically get to the medical centre anymore. The government should work on fixing the NHS first.

• Meg24
    Meg24 Community member Posts: 322 Pioneering

Has she said anything about their plans for people with MH issues who have never been sectioned? This whole "some people will lose their benefits" quote has me really worried.

• Stellar
    Stellar Community member Posts: 151 Empowering

oh look, the results of voting for Labour during the 2024 election are now becoming obvious to more people.

i imagine a lot of people who voted Labour to "get the Tories out" now realise how much egg they have on their face.

It was obvious the Labour party - now controlled by the hard right - were going to push stuff like this the moment they entered power. The evidence has been online for years. Most people chose not to listen.

• judie
    judie Community member Posts: 104 Empowering

You obviously didn't hear Robert Jenrick's speech about benefits yesterday then. He attacked the disabled in the most despicable way any politician has so far. His plans for us are chilling. Barry Gardiner's response was magnificent. (Politics Live, bbc2, 11.15 am yesterday)

• Nightcity
    Nightcity Community member Posts: 1,171 Trailblazing

I didn't vote labour,but that's really not helpful.

• Catherine21
    Catherine21 Community member Posts: 1,453 Pioneering
  • Catherine21

Oh did you email her ?

• Catherine21

I'm the same last job I had I broke and went sock and started harassing my boss she bullied me for months I got arrested not proud of this but in my mind I was pushed to the brink then I mentally couldn't go in most days lots of days off sick I be stuck just sitting on end of my bed crying then the anxiety of facing them then I'd get major mood swings that's went sick god my writing awful and cry and hide all day awful id lose everything my mind just not designed for society I couldn’t do homeless I just couldn't awful

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 4,630 Championing

Am I right in thinking Adhd or Autism doesn't come under this category?

• Strawberry1

Sorry for interrupting.

• Nightcity

I have both and the autism is at the severe end, I need help everyday and I won't worry about this silly woman and her pipe dreams

• Strawberry1

Ok thank you for the feedback @Nightcity .

• Nightcity
  • Meg24
    Meg24 Community member Posts: 322 Pioneering

That's a very silly comment. It reminds me of the turnabout rubbish that the MAGA people are spouting in the US. Hard right indeed, that's Reform not Labour!

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,079 Championing
    edited October 17

The evidence has been online for years. Most people chose not to listen.

Yes, Stellar. Most people still aren't listening or reading the evidence. Some people here think Stephen Timms is a very nice man 🤣

Labour has just published the DWP reports written in 2014 which the Tories sat on in order to roll out the second national reassessment programme. Has anybody had a look since they were mentioned in another thread recently?

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,356 Championing
    edited October 17

I swear there are already programs like this anyway…

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,356 Championing

I remembered being offered similar many many moons ago so did a quick search and this kind of thing already exists:

https://www.cnwl.nhs.uk/patients-and-carers/employment-services

It must have had some level of success for them to roll it out wider.

Not sure how I feel about it though tbh. I think having mental health support workers in job centres might be a better approach 🤷

• BrianMcFaddenFan82
    BrianMcFaddenFan82 Community member Posts: 66 Contributor

I agree with you there @Biblioklept