Your reaction to today's budget and the Health and Disability White Paper - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Your reaction to today's budget and the Health and Disability White Paper

1235»

Comments

• Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 888 Scope online community team

Note from online community team:

Where possible we like all discussions to continue, but we’re choosing to pause this discussion for now so things can cool down and we can review it. For more information, please read our online community house rules.

We will review it and if we are satisfied the discussion can continue, we will hope to un-pause it later next week.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,600 Scope online community team

We understand that the white paper and the topic of disability and employment is one that many people feel passionate about, and it's natural to have strong feelings about issues that affect us personally or impact those we care about. However, we want to remind everyone to keep the online community house rules in mind when participating in this discussion.

It's important to express our opinions and share our experiences, but we should do so in a respectful and constructive manner. Please remember that others may have different viewpoints or experiences than your own, and it's essential to be open to listening to and learning from others.

If you find that you're getting heated or emotional, take a step back and pause before responding. Remember that there are real people behind the screen, and your words can have an impact on others. Be mindful of your tone and language and try to avoid personal attacks or derogatory comments.

While we want to encourage an open and honest conversation, we will not tolerate any breaches of the house rules. If we do see any violations, we will take action to address them, including pausing or suspending accounts if necessary.

We appreciate everyone's cooperation in making this forum a safe and welcoming space for all. Let's continue to have a productive conversation around this important issue.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • g7iqj
    g7iqj Community member Posts: 86 Courageous
    edited April 2023
    TO  SCRAGGS .  PLZ dont take   some 1 elses option to heart .   EVERY ONES   disability is diffrent  there is no 1 ONE fix for all .  THE  thing is we all have our limits . SOME LESS  than others . YES in my case & 59 now off to see gp later to ask for XRAYS / SCAN .  2ND degenrative changes , ATM  for last 4 days  i have to try walk with stick  SEVERE PAIN when standing walking  bottom  right side back / sciactica  down right leg    MOBILITY   less 10 meteres , stand less 1 minuite .  CANT  dont go far ATM .  . AS soon as i sit down  the pain subsides in the leg back still throbs  in lwr back L/3 L/4 L/5   REGTION  DAMADGE DISCS  .  LIE  down best way get rid pain . AS such limited  MOBILITY  i cant work ATM .  Have been working  for last  6 years  total 42 years . as PAYE CLASS1 tax / ni  payer . ON personall level  I  cant under stand  any one who gets  BORDEM THING  ,  obssetion they must keep working for fear being written off ????. ALSO   problem the era they came from  1940s  diffrent ways & attituide . I  was born 1960s    more free layed back  times unlike dominating/ controlling 1930s/ 1940s  WHICH  my parents early  80s , grand dad use to speak off .  NO  excuse for bordem now  2000///++.  GET  hobby we have internet , multichannel;  tv go down pub for pint  . YES it is sad  that & person supports  DISABILITY WHITE PAPER  bullying forcing  people with disabilitys  & targetting 55- 64 yr old back to work .NOT  all are capable off work .   KEEP  ur chin up  thats all we can do VOTE how we fill by dec 2024 . 
  • scraggs
    scraggs Community member Posts: 76 Courageous
  • Lottgelady
    Lottgelady Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
               And you would be surprised what you can't do with some disabilities, not everyone is as lucky as you are @2oldcodgers...
    Exactly, I am bored, socially isolated, recently lost my daughter, and quite honestly I hate my life, well it's not a life at all. My body has been wrecked by 24 surgeries, I would love to do something, but even if I volunteered, the stress it would cause me if I couldn't go and someone was depending on me, would break me more ... I could potentially do 'something' online, and I do help out a lot in support groups with people with similar issues to myself, (of which there are many) but it's not like having a 'purpose' in life at all ... 
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,316 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    @Lottgelady I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. If you ever feel you need support, please don't hesitate to reach out to one of us or the @Community_Scope profile <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.