How is your day going?

Comments

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 552 Championing

@rubin16 please don't be hard on yourself. The fact you have insight into why you took cannabis is amazing.

None of us are perfect and have our crutches we self medicate with. For me it was alcohol then cigarettes even though I knew it was stupid smoking again but I needed that release.

I have an addictive personality too I reckon. It was the compulsive online shopping that brought me here to the forum to get help last year. I was so isolated and it's been a good help thanks to all of you.

You have had a rotten time health wise and couldn't get your 1st infusion. Something had to give and its not the worst thing in the grand scheme of things.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 56,783 Championing

Ho @rubin16 you sound level headed to me to make choices, yes weather can't make it's mind up, it's heavy rain here at the moment.

@Marydoll5 you've come a long way since you first posted on here, it's lovely to see.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,069 Online Community Coordinator

Addiction does seem to go hand in hand with ASD from what I've read. I know I've tried quitting smoking so many times now! But you know you've slipped up, so it'll be easy to jump back on the wagon when you're ready. We all slip up, so try not to worry about it. 😊

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,347 Championing
    edited August 25

Morning all.

We had a very busy weekend @Albus_Scope,my niece and her partner were here with her son.

They've just left,her son was in the middle of a massive meltdown that had curtains twitching all over the street.

Time to sweep up the broken glass and scrape the jam off the settees.🙄

• Albus_Scope

Oh blimey, that sounds like a less than relaxing day @Teigr I'm so sorry. Hopefully the curtain twitchers have had all the action they need for the next few weeks.

Morning folks, looks like we've got a drier day today, hooray! Anyone up to anything exciting?

• Teigr

The silence here is deafening @Albus_Scope ,but very welcome.

• Albus_Scope

Let's hope for a nice, quiet day then @Teigr now the family hurricane has passed through.

• Teigr

Morning @talis.

It's raining here and blowing a gale.

• Sandy_123

Morning everyone @Teigr oh no hope it comes off easy

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,869 Online Community Coordinator

Morning folks, double trouble with me and Albus today! Hope you're all doing well 😊

• Sandy_123
  • Teigr

It looks like a bomb went off in our living room @Sandy_123 ,I'll need another coffee before clean it up.

• Albus_Scope

Morning @Sandy_123 and @talis how're you both on this lovely day?

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 552 Championing

Hi everyone @Albus_Scope and @Rosie_Scope !

It's still blowing a gale here with lashing rain. I've decided to make flatbreads for the first time today to make pizza with, scones and crustless quiche to get my lunches sorted for the next few days.

Mr hospital appointment went really well…all liver function tests normal and good iron levels. That's the green light for the brain dye CT to check the surgical repair is holding.

Bit of drama yesterday but thankfully not involving us this time. My partners brother fell through decking outside his caravan through a bit with rotten Wood he forgot about. He's a broken leg and shattered kneecap which is going to need surgery ouch!

@teigr that sounds like hard work clearing up. You are just right having a fortifying coffee first.

• Teigr

My niece's partner underwent a similar operation after stepping on some broken grating around the pool at a hotel @Marydoll5.

I still haven't tackled the living room.

• Sandy_123

Thats good news @Marydoll5 with the results

@talis hope you've got some cream

@Teigr everything is better after coffee

Just chilling now @Albus_Scope now grandkids have left

• Rosie_Scope

Your lunches sound delicious @Marydoll5, and great news about your Mr's results. Hope his brother is doing okay too, that sounds painful!

Hope you can get some cream for the rash @talis

Enjoy your quiet time now the grandkids are gone @Sandy_123

Take it easy @Teigr, sounds like you've had a challenging weekend!

• Teigr

I've just spent an hour using tweezers to pick glass off the settee in the conservatory @Rosie_Scope

• Rosie_Scope

Oh no @Teigr! That doesn't sound like an easy task! Hope you managed to get it all up.

• Teigr

I hope so too,there's more to come though.

Thanks to my little visitor.