KaleidoScope: Our own gallery for members' art work, crafts and photographs.

1…152153154155156158ยป

Comments

  • SmellyBin
    SmellyBin Community Member Posts: 683 Empowering

    Very unhealthy fibers for your bowels, I would say ๐Ÿคฃ But thanks for the support, I am so glad to be able to handle this. What are you up to with crafting or otherwise?

    Maybe when I've got a sample knitted, I'll get back to you @Rosie_Scope One day, one dayโ€ฆ

    And last night when I was outside resting on the sofa, there was a tiny bat for at least a quarter of an hour flying in the garden. So cute (but indeed nothing to do with crafting)!

  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 9,541 Online Community Team

    What a treat seeing a bat @SmellyBin! Do you often get them where you are? I've not seen one recently, but I've always been surprised how present they are the parks in my part of London. Very cool.

    Definitely update us if you get round to making the sample! I'd love to see how the colours blend when it's knitted.

  • StarryEyed
    StarryEyed Community Member Posts: 1,929 Championing

    @smellybin I adore bats! They're so very cute. ๐Ÿฅฐ

  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 9,541 Online Community Team

    How are you getting on with your knits @SmellyBin? Have you managed to get much done recently?

  • SmellyBin
    SmellyBin Community Member Posts: 683 Empowering

    @Rosie_Scope Aw thanks for reaching out, that is really kind. Indeed, there was this project I was working on last week. So youโ€™ve gotten yourself into trouble, because now the tremendous responsibility of telling me what Iโ€™ve actually made is heavily resting on your shoulders :) My partner told me it doesnโ€™t really look like, wellโ€ฆ you tell me what Iโ€™ve supposedly made...

    20260928_165031.jpg
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 9,541 Online Community Team

    A kitty cat @SmellyBin? It's very cute. Is it a little pocket or a bag? It would make some very sweet bunting too! Whatever it is, I love it ๐Ÿ˜„

  • SmellyBin
    SmellyBin Community Member Posts: 683 Empowering

    Yay, thank you, Rosie! You rock! As opposed to my partner ๐Ÿคฃ

    I got the pattern from a pair of socks I knitted a few years ago, indeed, this time it is a one-piece bunting. I was gonna do three, but it took me too long. So, one will have to do.

  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 9,541 Online Community Team

    I found it very recognisable as a cat if that's what your partner couldn't see @SmellyBin! It would make a really lovely little set with some other animals or kitties of different colours. But it's just as striking on it's own as a lone cat too. Excellent work!

  • Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 5,023 Online Community Team

    I'd also just like to say @SmellyBin that it was immediately recognisable as a cat! What other things have you knitted?

    Have you done crocheting before? I used to crochet all sorts of things from a mini octopus to a cat in a christmas stocking! I just lost all motivation but need to get it back.

  • SmellyBin
    SmellyBin Community Member Posts: 683 Empowering

    Yo @WelshBlue How have you been?

  • Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 5,023 Online Community Team

    I have rediscovered colouring and bought myself 168 pens and some new books! I want to learn how to make them look more arty and 3D by using shadowing. This is my first attempt. Does anyone else do colouring or have any tips for me?

    image.png
  • SmellyBin
    SmellyBin Community Member Posts: 683 Empowering

    Happy for spinning in the garden :)

    20261004_153105.jpg

    Yet unhappy for life being confusing as a housebound chronic dealing with perimenopause. I suspect Iโ€™ve been crying every single day for the past week for not being able to go out when my partner left for his run in the woods or a neighbor going past on a bicycle. But hey, I was out in the garden enjoying the sun just now.

  • SmellyBin
    SmellyBin Community Member Posts: 683 Empowering

    The coloring looks cool @Rachel_Scope I can easily imagine you were having fun.
    No actual suggestions, apart from perhaps a bit more contrast the next time? That could make your depth look more profound? Not sure if 'profound' is the right word, but more clear or be more emphasized? I hope you get it, but having fun is of course the best way of action :)

  • Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 5,023 Online Community Team

    Sorry you're unhappy at the moment @SmellyBin. Just being out in the garden is a great start though and I'm glad your spinning made you happy ๐Ÿ˜Š I love the colours. I can imagine them as a beautiful ocean.

    Yes I know what you mean about the contrast. I'll definitely give that a try. I bought a colouring book of cute frogs so I think I'll give that a go tonight. I need to do a colour chart so I know what colour the pens actually are. It's often quite different to the lid!

  • StarryEyed
    StarryEyed Community Member Posts: 1,929 Championing

    Thinking of you, @SmellyBin ..โ€ฆ โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜˜โค๏ธ

    1000089845.jpg
  • SmellyBin
    SmellyBin Community Member Posts: 683 Empowering

    Awww, thank you both @StarryEyed and @Rachel_Scope I know this melancholy and the frustrations are part of life - no joy without sorrow, right? It just feels weird how the flow goes with all these emotional feelings. I can't keep up with my own mood swings, ha! On the other hand I am glad I can find myself during those tiny moments of joy or contentment.

  • StarryEyed
    StarryEyed Community Member Posts: 1,929 Championing

    @SmellyBin, I have a really wide range of thoughts and emotions too. As an artist, you might find my perspective helpful..... We are like a very talented painter who has a wide palette of colours to paint with. Our colours are our thoughts and emotions, which we use to experience the world within and around us.

  • SmellyBin
    SmellyBin Community Member Posts: 683 Empowering

    Is that your way of saying I am not being oversensitive?

  • StarryEyed
    StarryEyed Community Member Posts: 1,929 Championing

    Yes! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    You're being an artist. โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜˜โค๏ธ