New pip application - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New pip application

Comments

• boriswho
    boriswho Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    Either aching like crazy
  • boriswho
    Or with the injury it's difficult to weight bear for a period
  • boriswho
    If they're had of been 400 meters it would have the same outcome if there was a give in the twisting knee or a stumble jarring this seems to have an affect inside the knee possibly the tears in the meniscus or new tears with degenerative cartridge it has been weakened and I need time to do physio, etc etc recovery time 1 year ? 6 months who knows I've been like this for over 21 months now already and have lost track of the days it's just one big blur.....
  • boriswho
    It is the further injury which on-the-go cause my further restricted walking. Do I need knee straps?
  • boriswho
    Sorry typo errors all over it's a wonder any of you can make head nor tail 
  • Ilovemywifesomuch01
    Ilovemywifesomuch01 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    You had a tribunal I'm going to be honest from what you have said your not going to score points for daily living and mobility on the grounds that your knees give way on a journey to aldi forget the 200 meters bit and the degrees of a hill. You have been to hospital once and they gave you pain relief this isn't classed as evidence. As I say just tell the truth if the truth is your exageratting what's wrong they will know and this will lead to no award. I'm sorry to be harsh but I can only tell you the best way to fill in a pip form and honesty really is the best way.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    boriswho said:
    Repeatedly - after the 2200 meter trek afterwards I wasn't able to walk 20 meters without severe pain.
    For 1 week 
    But you had already walked 2200 metres.........
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ilovemywifesomuch01
    Hello poppy thank you for the reply. As you know you can only be honest with these forms exaggerating or adding things to meet the criteria isn't how you fill out a form I'm a little annoyed as this site is here to help people who really need advice and I may be wrong and I hope I am but to me none of this makes any sense because this person seems to be trying to fill out a form around the criteria for the benefit rather than this is what I struggle with and this this is what I can do and what I can't do. My wife is miserable and is lost and its infuriating that people feel the system is there to help them because they have an allergy to garlic ( which iv seen on a forum here) or because there wives have gone to work and they get the enjoyment of their child. . I give up with this one.
  • Ilovemywifesomuch01
    Exactly there was one thread where someone had a broken wrist and an allergy to garlic I didn't even bother replying and the people who suffer when some people put in exaggerated claims are the genuine people who really are suffering and then everyone wonders why now its so hard to get financial support when people genuinely need it. I'm sorry it annoys me. Its the genuine people I really feel for.
  • boriswho
    Hello poppy thank you for the reply. As you know you can only be honest with these forms exaggerating or adding things to meet the criteria isn't how you fill out a form I'm a little annoyed as this site is here to help people who really need advice and I may be wrong and I hope I am but to me none of this makes any sense because this person seems to be trying to fill out a form around the criteria for the benefit rather than this is what I struggle with and this this is what I can do and what I can't do. My wife is miserable and is lost and its infuriating that people feel the system is there to help them because they have an allergy to garlic ( which iv seen on a forum here) or because there wives have gone to work and they get the enjoyment of their child. . I give up with this one.
    Have you ever torn a meniscus ? Or both of them?
    Have you experienced osteoarthritis of the knee?
    What about severe back pain that stops you in your tracks Well I do suffer from these.
    I've had sever back issues for 20 years and never asked for nothing from the state, I've keeped on working on and off have done
    until you add in the knees problems.
    Alongside an undiagnosed ankle fracture for 2 years,  my fault I understand...not at all I attended a&e had an X-ray they didn't see it apparently it's a tough one to see....
    The system I flawed with inconsistent information for claimants.
    And assessments are a focus on how not to pay you unless you show how your affected there and then on the day. I didn't go in rolling round the floor pretending I was in agony I wasn't at that particular moment but I did later on 
    Probably best not to post any more on this thread pal
  • Ilovemywifesomuch01
    You have walked 2200 meters then say you can't walk 200 meters you want people to fill the form out for you you are continuously asking the same questions this is simple  you have these health problems your doctor should give you evidence to pip supporting this the only evidence you have mentioned is a trip to a and e your in agony after walking 200 meters but then can walk 2200 meters don't worry mate iv got nothing more to say.
  • boriswho
    boriswho said:
    Repeatedly - after the 2200 meter trek afterwards I wasn't able to walk 20 meters without severe pain.
    For 1 week 
    But you had already walked 2200 metres.........
    I did so with the use of an aid for over 2/3rds of this and this was the last long walk I done for a long while, I stick to shorter distances it safe that way.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately, you can't make those descriptors fit you, doesn't matter how much you try. You can have a disability but not qualify for PIP, if you don't score those points there's no award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • boriswho
    I don't appreciate people suggesting I'm faking it
    Don't bother commenting if you don't understand.
    Ilovemywifesomuch01 simply you do not understand pal so best off staying out of this one  and it would make me feel much better if you keep this as you last comment cause ain't interested in anything you have to say, oh and while we're on don't bother reading anymore for that matter save me the trouble of replying to any more of your negative comments 
    You have walked 2200 meters then say you can't walk 200 meters you want people to fill the form out for you you are continuously asking the same questions this is simple  you have these health problems your doctor should give you evidence to pip supporting this the only evidence you have mentioned is a trip to a and e your in agony after walking 200 meters but then can walk 2200 meters don't worry mate iv got nothing more to say.

• Ilovemywifesomuch01
    This isnt that hard you are reapplying for pip you wont have a hope in hell with out evidence your from professionals involved in your care they won't just take your word for it I'm so confused by your threads I just can't make any sense of it . I'm sorry I was rude had a long day with the Mrs mental health won't change hrrher meds. Sorry mate.
  • boriswho
    Awaiting treatment
    If someone is awaiting treatment or further intervention it can be difficult to accurately predict its level of success or whether it will even occur. Descriptor choices should therefore be based on the likely continuing impact of the health condition or impairment as if any treatment or further intervention has not occurred.

• boriswho
    Reliably, in a timely fashion, repeatedly and safely
    An individual must be able to complete an activity descriptor reliably, in a timely fashion, repeatedly and safely; and where indicated, using aids and appliances or with support from another person (or, for activity 10, a support dog). Otherwise they should be considered unable to complete the activity described at that level.
  • boriswho
    boriswho said:
    Reliably, in a timely fashion, repeatedly and safely
    An individual must be able to complete an activity descriptor reliably, in a timely fashion, repeatedly and safely; and where indicated, using aids and appliances or with support from another person (or, for activity 10, a support dog). Otherwise they should be considered unable to complete the activity described at that level.
    I had in my claim pack a journey of approximately 20 meters recorded on a gps device my walking speed was 34 yards per minute with half of the journey at average pace and the second half being at a slow limp back to the car after my right leg gave I couldn't weight bear for 4 days this was a more severe instance
    Ignored at tribunal or they didn't read it 
  • boriswho
    boriswho said:
    Awaiting treatment
    If someone is awaiting treatment or further intervention it can be difficult to accurately predict its level of success or whether it will even occur. Descriptor choices should therefore be based on the likely continuing impact of the health condition or impairment as if any treatment or further intervention has not occurred.

They were was awaiting input for a knee op I don't know what kind I wouldn't because I left after a conversation with. A surgeon " we need to surgery I said "!@#$ off " and he replied "well put up with the pain then" and I left the consultation that was last January 18 I was discharged , come end of March, thing is my knees/ankle were getting worse and more frequent episodes of walking problems and we're getting worse I asked to be referred back to surgeon for reconsideration I got another appointment and saw someone he wrote a report saying I was awaiting referral. Awaiting input or something along those lines.

July 18 I apply for pip because of reading some 500000 people get pip for osteoarthritis so I think why not I can't work I'm skint not eating properly not exercise much this would be a big help I could go swimming maybe
    less weight bearing(you get me) essentially this is what I need to do to strengthen it's perfect even if I got low rate that more than enough to pay for that..

What about extras like knee supports feet support
    I'm thinking great... oh no you gotta get past the descriptors lol

Sorry off topic.
    September come around I've had the assessment and then get declined I expected that after a strange encounter with an atos worker.
    She lied made it up as she went along
    Again I'm off topic Jesus 

The hospital carry I've had....OMG 

Around December 18 this had me in a rite state for xmass I find out I've been discharged I was awaiting input ****?

I return to gp to see why I was discharged 
    Hmm nobody knows 
    The report room the 1St consultation I had where unsaid "!@#$ off" has also wrote  a report stating 1 which we did not as I'd left the building for 1
    1. He explained degenerative conditions can affect the outcome of of anthroscopies (not even a word for 2) 
    and that I did not particularly fancy the thought of any operations anyway? Did he guess that from me leaving?
    2.In the absence of any significant in relation to his other aches and pains there is no need for further imaging of these. What a fractured ankle isn't significant enough?
    3. He actually seems quite happy to continue with self management ,he has been discharged ??

Anyway the second consultation was more about me finding out what I'd missed at the 1St consultation for leaving too soon. I'd been probably a little off with my gp after asking for RE-referral I ended up having my second consultation with a security guard in the room with me this knocked me I didn't talk about anything really with this consultant.
    . But anyway I left none the wiser I didn't understand that because of the widespread nature of the OA in that particular knee having anthroscopy would make it worse I'm told. So again after a sever flare up with my back in January this year and several instances of my knees going on me and ankle over the previous 12 months since my 1St consultation I'd of thought that the 12 months prior would have possibly accounted for at least 50% of the time I'm experiencing flare ups I'm 41 this October I'm not working cause I can't 
    The distress with the nhs dwp and 3 assessments actually started off a sever neck ache which has been present more or less since initial pip denial 

• boriswho
    Tribunal consisted of questions from the board made me feel quite pressured and I said could I not make a small pan of veg on a good day? Several times I was asked and eventually I confessed and said probably.
    Another line of questioning was :
    When you attended a particular hospital how far was the walk I said about 20 /30  meters. The member of the panel said I know that hospital and it's alot further than that I asked where she parked she argued where everyone else does lol.
    The car parks massive you could probably park as much as 600 meters away.
    Again another visit to another hospital distance was argued.
     I'm awaiting the transcript 
    But am still non the wiser to an error in law 
    I did measure the distances recently 42steps to a&e reception and 92 steps to msk clinic reception. The other day because I'm curious about where she would have parked.?
    I think because I attended the tribunal this went against me as well as assessments.

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.