New pip application — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

New pip application

boriswho
boriswho Member Posts: 177 Connected
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This is how I should have filled my last application for moving around criteria

What rate should I get 0 point or lower rate or higher.?
What do you think do you think my recent tribunal loss was incorrect?
Based on the new application details which should have been put in my 1St application.
Thanks for your time

How do you think this should impact universal credit lcw on moving around criteria as my problems don't change unlike the application process.
Citizens advice have told me that I'm not entitled after tribunal loss however I don't think they understand the gravity of this situation on my health.

*images removed from post by moderator at member's request

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,868 Connected
    To answer your question, I recommend getting advice. Use this link to type up a letter to appeal- https://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool/thank-you
  • boriswho
    edited August 2019
    Try again

*image removed by moderator at Member's request
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,868 Connected
    Do you have a social worker or not? 
  • boriswho
    Sorry this is my new application after tribunal denial
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,581 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry, i'm confused, you mention LCW but this is a PIP2 form? PIP and LCW are different benefits with different criteria.

I'd definitely advise you to get some face to face advice from an agency near you. No one on an internet forum can advise you on this because no one knows exactly how your conditions affect you.

This link will help you find what's local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

• cristobal
    cristobal Member Posts: 987 Disability Gamechanger
    @boriswho - your conditions seems to be very variable, and you would need to show what happens on the majority of days.

Personally I wouldn't include phrases like  "sometimes pain is exacerbated" and "occasionally causes dizziness" because they don't apply to the majority of the time and they may be not taken into account by the assessor.

Good luck anyway - you should be commended for keeping mobile (it's very difficult I know)
  • poppy123456
    One thing to point out is you mention you walk less than 200 metres per day. Be careful how you word things because this could be seen as you have no problems walking this far. What maybe better is telling them how far you can walk without pain, discomfort, breathlessness or fatigue.
  • poppy123456
    @mikehughescq wow awesome, best advice i've seen in a very long time!
  • cristobal
    @mikehughescq - I agree with poppy...it's a bit on the long side but good advice nevertheless...
  • boriswho
    I did attend tribunal @mikehughescq I thought because I can walk into a tribunal that this was part of the reason for denial.

When you say recent issues?? How recent last 12 months good enough?
     I have variations in severity the last major problem was with my lower back in january I attended hospital I drove there I walked to the a&e entrance about 200 meters took a long time.
    I saw someone they just wrote a script for 30mg codeine and sent me away.
    So I've continued this way since with pain relief at home stuck in the house all the time can't go out never got nowt to go anywhere or do anything. 

Ive stopped doing do much since then don't want that pain back, but have had many mini scares with the knees that gives, I don't fall but I'm not far off.  I struggle to walk temporarily. I think it's the cartlidge getting caught in the joint as it has rips and tears and feels like it rips or tears everytime a knee cracks catches or gives I have to sit down this makes my long term issues with my back flare.
    I really do need to keep active but lack motivation and energy.

These issues are most definitely exacerbated by the gives and catches with the knees & ankle forcing me to sit, my lower back issue is however another matter.

My partner has witnessed my be haulted in my tracks many times by a knee or ankle issue I find the best option is to try to keep moving it will right itself hopefully....quickly.
    I usually carry on by using the shopping trolley or a pram as an aid I suppose until I get back to the car to return home to recover.

As for the heel pain I don't stand long periods but from employment history in 2016/2017 this used to become apparent after being on my feet between 1 to 4 hours (estimated)without a break, now it's apparent when stood for 5/10 mins and get worse the longer I try to stay on my feet (was thinking about trying to stand at my assessment to show this but you can't see it)

Citizens advice has tried to help with a written submission but I don't think they had the time to be thorough.

I'm not so good at writing story's in this past tense view  especially about myself how can I possibly paint a picture for these people for them to understand or understand without this financial support they are in effect making my conditions worse...

• mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Posts: 8,847 Connected
    cristobal said:
    @mikehughescq - I agree with poppy...it's a bit on the long side but good advice nevertheless...
    Blimey. What would you prefer? Brevity or an answer to the question? :)
  • mikehughescq
    If you attended your tribunal but maintained that you can’t do more than 200m in total per day then that would play some part in the outcome as would what the clerk saw as you approached the waiting room and what the tribunal see when you enter and leave the room. Your behaviour in the room would also be an issue. I’ve lost count of the clients who have told me they can’t sit for more than a few minutes without needing to stand who then sit for an hour in a tribunal for example. The bigger issue will simply have been your evidence. Too vague and lacking in focus on what one actual walk looks like. I am none the wiser after your latest post for example. Lots of detail about pain in general but nothing about what one walk looks like and still contradictory. All the stuff you’ve put is about pain in general and would go at the end of your claim pack. None of it answers the specific issue of whether you can walk one of the statutory distances reliably. 

You give an example of driving to hospital but that will have involved walking to/from a vehicle; to/from the entrance so that’s >200m straight away from your own description so again you have to address the contradictions in what you write else the outcome will be the same.  

If if you’re no good at describing then get your partner or someone else who knows you to do so. I do appreciate that trying to get things like this down when in pain can be impossible so don’t do it yourself. Get someone else to do it and then you be the critic. Pick holes in it like you were a decision maker or get another person to do that too. 

As regards what’s recent there’s no rule. However, it should be obvious that the longer ago an incident was the less relevant it will be. 

You also need to put to one any arguments about variations. I’ve yet to meet anyone who doesn’t have a variable condition. It’s not an argument. Ditto getting them to understand the financial impact. Hard as it is, that’s an argument which will harm your claim every time. Focus on one walk. Two examples. 
  • cristobal
    cristobal said:
    Blimey. What would you prefer? Brevity or an answer to the question? :)
    @mikehughescq +++ you didn't spot my tongue, concealed in cheek...
  • boriswho
    Thanks I think the penny has dropped.
    How do I remove the above images of my paperwork.

I've ordered a new form.

I'm going to try to complete it over the next 3 weeks.

I think I may need the link for a diary of symptoms., because I do have a tendency to forget because they're are so many.
    Thanks 

Boristhebag lol 

• cristobal
    edited July 2019
    @boriswho ..I'd recommend an A4 binder, print off the PIP descriptors and keep them in the front, and then a page for every day for a couple of weeks

Don't write War and Peace - just notes like 'walked to end of garden 20yards,, fell over (why?), how you got up, how long you took, how long was it until you were able to walk again etc...

Do this for all of the descriptors that you have difficulty with..

When you apply, as I've said before, don't use vague phrases like 'sometimes', 'occasionally' - say what you mean, taking into account that the assessor needs to know about the majority of the time...

Take your diary with you if you have a F2F...

• boriswho
    It's wor Boris he's gonna save the world ........
    Well maybe not maybe I can do a little better and give my son the upbringing he deserves than the one which he currently has.....not.

I had the same motor as this chap boris Jonson not long ago it had curtains in lol I loved it hahahah Toyota lucida 2.5Ltr td how bad can your grammar be to sway a dm 

I may well get the form right yet 3rd attempt on route feeling slightly positive.
    Hopefully I get a good DM and assessor for that matter.
    Or even better still no assessment.
  • mikehughescq
    @poppy123456 thx. What tends to happen when I do this face to face is that either I do the claim pack or the claimant goes back; does it again and eventually gets there. What tends to happen online often looks very different. 

I am grateful on this occasion Scope allowed the whole of my post. They have been refusing to publish some posts and have published others with whole chunks taken out with no indication to others that the post has been moderated in any way. 

That means that on two recent occasions posters have been given wholly incorrect advice on this site by prominent others; my post hasn’t been allowed to fix that and moderators don’t know enough about the subject to comment but have done so anyway thus contributing to the wrong advice! 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mikehughescq
    Obviously I have been away from the community for a few weeks but I have caught up with the team on this issue. We do moderate some comments so they don't show on the community, this is when the post breaks our community guidelines.

I am aware of one post of yours that was edited to remove certain things and have been told you are aware of this.

If you have any issues with how we moderate the community, then please feel free to email on [email protected]

Best wishes, Sam 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    boriswho said:
    Thanks I think the penny has dropped.
    How do I remove the above images of my paperwork.

I've ordered a new form.

I'm going to try to complete it over the next 3 weeks.

I think I may need the link for a diary of symptoms., because I do have a tendency to forget because they're are so many.
    Thanks 

Boristhebag lol 

Hi @boriswho I have removed the images from your posts. 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.