Pip telephone consultation times - Page 10 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip telephone consultation times

Options

Comments

• avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Options
    Oh, I thought I will get my normal amount of universal credit then the limited cab ability to work payment the LWCRA extra as well? 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will, however as you applied for New Style ESA, if you are accepted for this, this will then be deducted from your UC payments.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Oh I see, do I need to phone universal credit now and ask them how it works out, like when I get the payment come through etc 
  • Ami2301
    Options
    It's entirely up to you.
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Would it be worth it and they can tell me 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,122 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry it was so understandably very upsetting @katho31 I'm only pleased that your husband was there supporting you. It must have been difficult to get through it, but you did, so that's an achievement to be proud of. Just take good care of yourself; I hope a good night's sleep will help. Sending gentle hugs. :)
  • Ami2301
    Options
    As I said, its entirely up to you @avakarlsson
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    I will just so I know when I will get the backdated payment and how it works etc 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    thank you so much@chiarieds  :) im going to sleep like a baby tonight!! yes it was a great comfort to have my hubby here, we are going to watch a comedy tonight, peter kay will make us laugh  :)
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    I just phoned universal credit and they said I will get the backdated pay from February as I applied then and they think I will get it on the 5th when I get my universal credit 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @katho31. Hi Kath so sorry to hear everything you felt through that call, it can be horrifying to go through some of your past, I went through domestic abuse for a lot of years and it’s something that always stays with you. I’m just so glad this part is over for you I hope you can get some rest tonight xx
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi @Brumboy68

Well done for your award.

You can also appeal the length of the award, as two years for someone with epilepsy, does seem rather trite.

I have am tagging @mikehughescq, who is expert on such matters, to give you further guidance.

Stay kind and be safe.

Best wishes
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Hi everyone, finally the sunshine is out, nice and warm, hope everyone is doing ok.
  • katho31
    Options
    hi @avakarlsson and everyone  :) yes its a lovely day, all windows open and desk fan on!! my hubbys brother is visiting today to watch the horseracing on tv, im hope you are all okay? im looking forward to sunday dinner tomorrow, we have treated ourself to a leg of lamb yum yum    :) hubbys a good cook!! anyway ill post a little later, take care, keep safe and be kind x
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I forgot to reply, been another lovely sunny day again today, how is everyone doing? 
  • positivitygoing1
    positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your ordeal katho31 ,
    Mine was similar i broke down twice , for me it was going through my OCD rituals and realising just how bad they are , and then to hear the assessor say "so would you dress twice when you do ?" I couldn't help it but tell her "what are you trying to do to me I have enough to do I don't want you to start me off with that as well" and she did say "oh gosh I'm so sorry I wasn't thinking I really do apologize" 
    Guess what the following day I get dressed and I could hear her words and I just thought please NO ,

I think it's such an ordeal for us because we have to admit how bad things are for us , where as day to day we just live with it and don't have to talk about it , 

I've been back n forth to doctors then to AnE because it was breathing problems I was lead to the red zone for covid , I was negative thank god for covid but disgusted at the doctor's , because the x-ray was clear , last time I had to have a CT scan to reveal a lung infection , they disregarded that , and said "your x-ray is clear you can go home , I said "I still feel I cannot breathe like my hiatus hernia is pressing on my lungs" 
    He said "I think your stomach is coming through your oesophagus but what do you want me to do ? I'm not doing surgery now and it might be your anxiety ! ,
    I sat in the car park and cried because it took everything for me to go there but I thought if I do I won't feel so ill ,
    My doctor had prescribed me antibiotics and steroids tablets and told me to go to AnE if I was worse 

I'm going to ring the doctor's later because again I'm too frightened to sleep because I wake fighting to breathe and I'm so sick of the lack of sleep and not being able to breathe properly day and night it's a nightmare , but I know that people are worse off unable to get cancer treatment so I hate to complain 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sorry I've just seen your messages @avakarlsson (and @Ami2301's tag). I'm glad you were able to call them and they've helped explain it all to you. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Yes so I am glad that’s all sorted now, now I have to wait for the backdated payment and then I can have the monthly payment with my universal credit standard payment plus my pip too, 

My pain has been so so chronic today unbearable   
  • snoopy1
    snoopy1 Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
    Options
    Just called to see if I can get a copy of my report,  unfortunately it's with the case manager, and I need to continue to wait!
    Need to be patient I guess
  • katho31
    Options
    hi @snoopy1, know its frustrating and it becomes overwhelming but i  hope you are not waiting much longer  :), if its with a case manager then i dont think it will be much longer, best wishes and keep safe and well

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.